Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #481
Scrappingjen
Mouseketeer

A small pop up hamper is great for doing laundry and a place for the whole family to put dirty clothing. I got mine a Target witht he BTS stuff its the size of a dinner plate all folded up

Shout color catch sheets mean you don't have to sort as specificly. I wash my whites with my lights/pinks. One less load of laundy always good

Put your kids outfits including underwear, socks, and accesories in a ziplock bag easier to unpach and the kids can dress quickly and match.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #482
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

I got a pop up hamper and an over the door organizer at Joanne's for less than $10 including tax for both. Very exciting!
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris

Last edited by acourtwdw; 09-01-2008 at 09:50 PM.
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #483
MightyMike
Earning My Ears

1. Remember the airline limits on checked baggage: typically 62 inches (length + width + height) and 50 pounds. If you exceed either of those numbers, ask yourself if you are bringing too much.

2. If it is close to Christmas and you have a verandah, bring a string of battery-operated lights and magnetic clips (the kind that you can use to hold a stack of papers on your refrigerator). The magnetic clips stick to the ceiling of the verandah without damaging it. Run the wires through the clips to hold up the lights.

3. Double-check to make sure the belt you bring matches the shoes you bring.

4. Bring ear plugs. They are lightweight and don't take up any space, and might just come in handy during the trip.

5. Bring airline-style headphones if you have some from a previous trip.

6. Bring a mosquito bite stick in case you get bit.

7. Bring a thin, magnetic marker board and dry erase pen for your door.

8. Make a list of EVERYTHING you need to do the day you leave for your trip and check them off when they get completed. Make it so that on that day you are in auto-pilot mode and won't need to think about anything--just follow your own instructions.

9. If you can check in to your resort, cruise or flight online before the trip, DO IT! Every minute you spend now becomes an extra minute you can enjoy on your vacation.

10. Combine your airport parking with a stay at a hotel near the airport. Often you can park and stay for the same price (or less) than what you would pay to park at the airport--and you get peace of mind knowing that you will be at the airport on time.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #484
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by moburg View Post
We attended the DVC presentation on our 06/21/07 cruise. Won the $300 credit and a DVC cooler. We signed up for DVC at that point (not because of the giveaways, but because DVC is a good deal). There was only half a dozen couples in the presentation, so the odds were pretty good.

I'm new to cruising and this blog thing but there are so many awesome tips here!

What is the DVC presentation?

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #485
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great info.

I bring on all my trips now, a spray and wash stain stick. It is great for pretreating stains and small, so doesn't take much room. I have also tried the oxyclean travle spray, and found it to be not very good.

On the life jacket note..do they allow kid life jackets in the ppols on board? And if so, do they provide child size ones? (not talking about the basic orange now) And then again at CC? Can you use thme there and if os do they have any provided or to rent?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #486
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
1. Remember the airline limits on checked baggage: typically 62 inches (length + width + height) and 50 pounds. If you exceed either of those numbers, ask yourself if you are bringing too much.

2. If it is close to Christmas and you have a verandah, bring a string of battery-operated lights and magnetic clips (the kind that you can use to hold a stack of papers on your refrigerator). The magnetic clips stick to the ceiling of the verandah without damaging it. Run the wires through the clips to hold up the lights.

3. Double-check to make sure the belt you bring matches the shoes you bring.

4. Bring ear plugs. They are lightweight and don't take up any space, and might just come in handy during the trip.

5. Bring airline-style headphones if you have some from a previous trip.

6. Bring a mosquito bite stick in case you get bit.

7. Bring a thin, magnetic marker board and dry erase pen for your door.

8. Make a list of EVERYTHING you need to do the day you leave for your trip and check them off when they get completed. Make it so that on that day you are in auto-pilot mode and won't need to think about anything--just follow your own instructions.

9. If you can check in to your resort, cruise or flight online before the trip, DO IT! Every minute you spend now becomes an extra minute you can enjoy on your vacation.

10. Combine your airport parking with a stay at a hotel near the airport. Often you can park and stay for the same price (or less) than what you would pay to park at the airport--and you get peace of mind knowing that you will be at the airport on time.

I could be wrong, but I think the wieght limit is 40 now for alot of airlines. I know the last couple of airlines we flew were only 40.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #487
MightyMike
Earning My Ears

The airlines I checked say 40 pounds is the maximum for your carry-on and 50 pounds is the maximum for checked baggage.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #488
tinkerbell0611
Earning My Ears

We leave on Saturday! And our cruise is on Sunday, 9/21. So please tell me quickly about the FE exchange.....
tinkerbell0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #489
tinkerbell0611
Earning My Ears

We are taking 2 of my granddaughters -- ages 5 and 7 -- on our cruise next week! WOO HOO! We can't wait. And I'm a HUGE fan of ziploc bags. SO.... we put complete outfits including underwear and socks into ziploc bags. No more digging around for the other sock or shorts that match -- they are all together.

Thanks for the wonderful tips.
tinkerbell0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #490
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

FE exchange is usually set up by the people already signed up on the boards for your cruise date...

Here is the one for your cruise... go introduce yourself and make friends... you will love it!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1695934

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #491
Sherimoe
Earning My Ears

Hi! I don't know if this has been discussed, so if it has... SORRY! I wondered if beach towels are provided on the ship AND on the excursions. Or do we need to pack our own.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #492
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Beach towels are avail for both... they aren't the biggest towels but you can take a few...

When you come back to the ship, they will have a bin that they will collect them in.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #493
pskorf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagoo View Post
Since everyone has the same black or blue suitcases we go to the dollar store and get gift ribbons ( the ones that are stringy and curled). Then I take out the staple from the midddle and tie the whole thing around the suitcase handle. Usually I get the same colors and it makes for finding our suitcases so much easier.
I went to Home Depot and got some of the sample paint Mickey's and laminated them, punched a hole in them and then tied them on our luggae with ribbon. Makes our luggage easy to find and puts us in the Disney mood!!

CBR - March/April 2010
All Star Sports - Wonder Cruise - All Star Sports - January 2009
Pop & YC - April 2008
ASMo - March 2007
ASMo - Feb 2006
Off prop - Feb 2004
pskorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #494
pskorf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeplanner View Post
Just got back Thursday night..............bring your own hair dryer if your hair is thick or holds water! I spent way tooooo long trying to dry mine and DD!!
Do I need to bring my own hairdryer? There isn't one in the stateroom?

CBR - March/April 2010
All Star Sports - Wonder Cruise - All Star Sports - January 2009
Pop & YC - April 2008
ASMo - March 2007
ASMo - Feb 2006
Off prop - Feb 2004
pskorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #495
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
Do I need to bring my own hairdryer? There isn't one in the stateroom?
The one in the stateroom ihas very weak air flow and not much heat. It's also sort of weird, more like a vacuum hose than a hair dryer.

It would probably be OK if your hair is fine or thin, but it would take forever to dry thick hair.

kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: