Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #451
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredkid View Post
the quiet deck is Deck 7, aft.

There really very seldom is anyone there, as pp stated. And even if there is, they want to be there for the peace and quiet too.

Just make sure the door isn't locked...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #452
ktmetke
The Disney Family Grows One Smile At A Time!

Do they list the treasure hunt in the Navigator or how do you find out about it??

ktmetke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #453
baileybrown
Earning My Ears

Love this thread!
Bring Bubbles for sail away party
Bring one of those compartment closet organizer to free up some room
Bring sports bottle
baileybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #454
SLK1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmetke View Post
Do they list the treasure hunt in the Navigator or how do you find out about it??
I think they handed it out right before we got off to go to Castaway Cay - they gave it to us in the Promenade Lounge. I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the Navigator.
SLK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #455
mommylovesdisneymore
DIS Veteran

Do you carry you sncks in your carry on or do you pack it with your luggage and has anyone else ever carried sodas and juice boxes on the ship? How do you go about doing that and do they mind
Old 08-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #456
frozensmoke99
Disney Crazy

so let me get this straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen821 View Post
What a great thread. I will have to make sure I bring some baby powder. I hate having sand on my feet!
you step off the ship to go on the island...play in the water, step onto the sandy beach then put some baby powder on after...Sorry, a little lost...wouldn't that make more clumps and goo on the feet...just curious
frozensmoke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #457
frozensmoke99
Disney Crazy

how does that work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMom View Post
TIP:
Bring your own candy or snackfood on the Cruise. Its great to have for the Disney Shows every night, Ports, or when watching a movie in the theater.

And its always GREAT to have along tons of ziploc baggies in different sizes. They have so many uses!
I have been reading other threads about bringing a roll on carry cooler...don't the airport stop you from bringing that on the plane...take me for instance...

we are flying in on the day of cruise...should i bring an empty rolling cooler and snacks and have my drinks in my suitcase (i was only planning on bringing a carry on) so where do i put the drinks when boarding from Boston..Sorry, i know DUMB question right?
frozensmoke99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #458
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Anything liquid must be brought on in your carry on. They started this restriction several months ago partly because the customs dogs were hitting on food and stopping all the boarding processes and also and probably most of all... containers for the liquids were breaking open and causing all kinds of messes...including on your clothes.

You can bring a roll on cooler with you - no ice (you can get it filled on board...) but it MUST fit through the x-ray machine.

Also...if you are packing a box like we did for our fish extender gifts (ours were candy...) make sure you mark on the outside of the box with a sharpie marker your room number AND the contents so if the dogs do hit on it..they don't have to open it and inspect it.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 08-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #459
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Anything liquid must be brought on in your carry on. They started this restriction several months ago partly because the customs dogs were hitting on food and stopping all the boarding processes and also and probably most of all... containers for the liquids were breaking open and causing all kinds of messes...including on your clothes.

You can bring a roll on cooler with you - no ice (you can get it filled on board...) but it MUST fit through the x-ray machine.

Also...if you are packing a box like we did for our fish extender gifts (ours were candy...) make sure you mark on the outside of the box with a sharpie marker your room number AND the contents so if the dogs do hit on it..they don't have to open it and inspect it.

Oh goodness...the dogs will have a HISSY FIT when they sniff my bags in that case. I have one large suitcase FILLED with goodie bags (candy, snacks) for the FE exchange. I think we made about 150 bags or so, and it is big and heavy! And if I can smell it with a human nose, I know the dogs will love it.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Finally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #460
Tink rules

pack dog treats...

Old 08-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #461
disnutt
I don't know how you can make opening an oyster much more exciting
My poor DH was given the hairy eyeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozensmoke99 View Post
you step off the ship to go on the island...play in the water, step onto the sandy beach then put some baby powder on after...Sorry, a little lost...wouldn't that make more clumps and goo on the feet...just curious
You wait until the water has dried and then apply the powder. It helps to dry up any final moisture that's holding the sand particles on your feet. Apply it and then brush the powder and sand off!
'Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.' - Theodore Roosevelt
disnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #462
muffin07
Mouseketeer

Airlines

I don't have a lot of tips on the DCL as our cruise in Nov. will be our first. But
one tip I would like to share with others, is that if you fly nowdays with the
airlines restrictions. AAA sells this handy little gaget, worth every penny,
sells for about 10.00. It is a hand held small scale that weights your suitcases. About the size of a small travel clock, we weigh our bags before
we leave home, put scale in our carry on to weigh the bags before we
start our trip home. No standing in line, no surprises, no extra fees.
Muffin07
muffin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #463
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

Did they give you a hard time about the candy??? Also, did you just list a packing slip in an envelope on the outside of the box??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #464
tinapomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandothebeagle View Post
I read this somewhere els re spa. when you sign before starting your treatment write in big letters, NO SALES PITCH. It stops them giving you the hard sell on the products, what a great tip by someone, I would HATE to have to go through that!
Has anyone ever tried this? I think it's a FANTASTIC idea. I just hated the hard sell that they pushed at the end of our massage. Kind of annoying.

But has anyone done this? I just wonder what your experience was like. TIA!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #465
tinapomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Thanks for your concern, but, since we have to wear vests on Disney excursions and Castaway Cay, some of us do not inflate the vest on purpose.

We do not need floatation assistance as God has provided a body type that floats extremely well.

Jan
ITA! When I snorkel I want to dive down to the bottom to look at sea life and find that underwater Mickey at CC!

But am I right in thinking that they force EVERYONE to wear a life vest even if you don't want one? My DH and I always want to dive down in the water when snorkeling, and a life vest sure would hinder that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: