Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Emzed
Mouseketeer

Accessible concierge (deck 11) on 4-day Dream or deck 12 on 3-day

My husband and I recently decided we may take a brief cruise without our three darling children. We considered other cruise lines but, well, we are just used to Disney! We thought we would use this opportunity to try the concierge level. The problem is the only stateroom available for any 4-night in January (1 bedroom concierge) is an accessible room on deck 11.

So... We are trying to decide if we should change our plans to a 3-night (cons: I like the sea day AND Palo brunch!), go ahead and book (possibly hope for room change), try another year. January is a good time for us as we (and by "we" I mean the kids!) are not busy with activities that early in the year and its a nice break from winter).

What are the odds someone who has one booked will change their minds/dates? I know all concierge rooms are probably lovely but we just liked the idea of deck 12 and we don't know how the accessible one will differ with raised commodes, rails, showers, etc.

Any thoughts?
Emzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Obviously every situation is different. We've had great success wait listing 2 cruises on the Dream . We had Standard Staterooms already booked & then wait listed for Concierge, Category V, which was completely sold-out. The 1st was for a January cruise 2 years ago, I think our wait list came through in about 2 maybe 3 weeks tops. This past March I called to wait list Concierge for our October scheduled cruise & we got our Concierge cabin in 5 or 6 weeks.
Good Luck
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

There is a chance that some cabins will free up at the 120 days mark.
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: