Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #76
WendyJersey
Look I Can Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Well, we will be waiting for the announcement, but know a couple of things for sure. 1) No Mexican Riviera for us. 2) I highly doubt the repo cruise will work for us either, too much money and not stops that thrill either one of us...

We DID decide to do ALASKA this summer though! Can't wait. Gave up the Europe idea and are heading NORTH TO ALASKA (ever hear that song?) So England is out for May...

changes changes and more change. I really believe we'll most likely cancel our 2008 Disney cruise.

sniff sniff
Don't little one. They say Alaska is beautiful. That is worth giving up 2008 for really it is. You have seen the Caribbean now see Alaska and all it's beauty. You will be seeing everyone in Dec 2007. Alaska is someplace I'd like to go before I get to old to enjoy it. Go for Alaska!!

May 1972 Disney World, Aug 1987 Disney World, Feb 1988 Epcot Center
Nov 2002 NCL Eastern Caribbean
Nov 2006 DCL Western Double Dip, November 2008 DCL Eastern Turned Western Magic

WendyJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #77
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
. I really believe we'll most likely cancel our 2008 Disney cruise.

sniff sniff
no, just push it back to the 2009 Jackie's 60th birthday cruise!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #78
Hannosmom
DIS Veteran

Peg, don't know what happened, but sending you lots of hugs.

Alaska is a great cruise. And, apparently, you can never be too old for an Alaskan cruise. My friend sailed on Norwegian last August, to Alaska, and she said the avg. age on that cruise was probably 85. She said she had never seen so many walkers in one place.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #79
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannosmom View Post
Peg, don't know what happened, but sending you lots of hugs.

Alaska is a great cruise. And, apparently, you can never be too old for an Alaskan cruise. My friend sailed on Norwegian last August, to Alaska, and she said the avg. age on that cruise was probably 85. She said she had never seen so many walkers in one place.
I doubt that will happen on the one we'll be going on, it looks like it has lots of excursions with hikes into Denali! But even if it is, I enjoy peeps of all ages!

Nothing happened, just that DCL can't seem to get their itineraries and MY wishes together! LOL

Not to worry, the more I'm talking to people the more I realize there is a HUGE world outside of DCL! (yeah, yeah, I know...)
Old 01-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #80
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
no, just push it back to the 2009 Jackie's 60th birthday cruise!
Hmmm you MIGHT want to re-think that sister! 2009 is MY 50th - and the family tradition is to celebrate 50! So I DOUBT the whole family will do a 50th in January and a 60th in November... But nice try!

I'm thinking 2009 meet in Australia! AND - Dianne CANNOT CRUISE. Sorryyyyyyyyyy
Old 01-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #81
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Hey....I didn't invite the whole family on the cruise....I'm going to see them all at your 50th birthday party !
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:42 PM   #82
Hannosmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I doubt that will happen on the one we'll be going on, it looks like it has lots of excursions with hikes into Denali! But even if it is, I enjoy peeps of all ages!

::
Same here, Peg. I figure if there are people cruising in their 80's, that means I will be too .
Old 01-14-2007, 07:21 AM   #83
WendyJersey
Look I Can Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannosmom View Post
Same here, Peg. I figure if there are people cruising in their 80's, that means I will be too .

Thats a great thought. That makes me feel better about what I'll be doing in about 25 or 30 years from now.

May 1972 Disney World, Aug 1987 Disney World, Feb 1988 Epcot Center
Nov 2002 NCL Eastern Caribbean
Nov 2006 DCL Western Double Dip, November 2008 DCL Eastern Turned Western Magic

WendyJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #84
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Your not? Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Hey....I didn't invite the whole family on the cruise....I'm going to see them all at your 50th birthday party !

Ok, but I think my point was how are you going to do a all that?

Oh , that right, the lottery!!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #85
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Issues with 12/6 cruise

Jackie - have we worked out the issues with this cruise yet? Can you please call him....?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #86
faireygod mother
DIS Cast Member
I need some motivation in my life
My hairstylist is sworn to secrecy! But the Tag Fairy can be bribed to tell all!

Hello everyone. I feel so dis-connected latley. Before you ask, No we are still not moved in. We are definately makeing progress. Tonight my sister and I are supposed to get our office and scrapbooking room done.

We have to finish unpacking our antique dining room. Nothing is hung on the walls throughout the house. We have textured plaster and Win and I do not want to put holes in it as it is to difficult to repair.

The bunnys have been interesting to live with, but I still stand by our decision.

Hope everyone is having a good New Year and a great week.

Dec 1999 Off Site -|-Nov 2002 NCL Deep Southern Caribbean -|- Feb 2003 Grand Floridian -|- Dec 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge Land and Sea -|- March 2004 Pop-Century Girls "B" day trip -|- Oct 30 2004 Magicial Halloween Eastern Cruise -|- Jan 27 2005 Surprise Birthday Cruise for DH on the Wonder -|- October 16 2005 RCCL Mariner of the Seas -|- Nov 11 2006 Western Double Dip CC cruise -|- Aug 18 2007 Repo Western Med Cruise-l-Dec 6 2007 3 Day Wonder "Sisters" cruise-l-Aug 17 2008 EB PC Repo-|-Nov 8 2008 Vow renewal-changed to western-|- Sept 18, 2010 Repo Western Med Cruise -|- August 23, 2011 DCL ALaska
faireygod mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #87
GrayFal
I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EVERY year!

Quote:
changes changes and more change. I really believe we'll most likely cancel our 2008 Disney cruise.

sniff sniff
THANK GOD for Surf and Turf!

Put in the request for Saratoga Springs for you guys....fingers and toes crossed.

All our plans are always 'fluid' - if it doesn't work out - for 2008 - think Columbus Day week 2009 for another 7 day.
Every other year is what a lot of people do.....there is a BIG world out there for you to visit.

Edited to send a HUG out to Dee - the Bunny Keeper
Magic "Double Dip" Special Western 11/11/06 Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 8/18/07

Wonder 12/6/07 "Surf & Turf" 9/18/10 Magic Westbound Trans-Atlantic "30th Anniversary" Cruise
& 14 Day Hawaii October 2012
GrayFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #88
Hannosmom
DIS Veteran

Pat is so wise. Columbus day 2009 sounds great!

And big hugs to you Dee. Can you believe this wonderful weather??? Its like living in Florida around here. 75 here today. Oh well, all good things must come to an end...it will be 40 for a high on Wednesday.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #89
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

So correct my friend -

Yep indeed Pat. I am not really bumming all that bad, as I pretty much take things one day at a time. Indeed, I am SOOOOO looking forward to our Surf N Turf!

HI DEE - we miss you!!!!

Update- PJ got her new special order light fixtures from Home Depot and now just need to call the "man" to come hang them. Outside looks nice and I just ordered the much awaited new couch and love seat for the family room. Ahhhh reclining sofa and love seat... won't those puppies be happy that mom will always have room on her lap and between her legs for them?

Yes, I am often smothered in dog... often can't get up in time to answer the phone. But I do love my puppies!

Not really puppies anymore of course, but we had a lovely FREEZING walk last night after work (yes on MLK) - DH and I put on their new Christmas jackets and they bounced (even my dogs bounce) around the park in glee that all of the "pack" was together for a walk.

My sis had the day off - but met me for lunch and then I went back to work. Which is getting more frustrating as the days go on. I thought I solved one of the issues, but apparently it's back firing... - I sure wish I COULD WIN THE LOTTERY!!!!

I hate politics - I just want to do my job and be LEFT ALONE@@!!!! Thank you very much. I appreciate the time I've been given to vent and I am finished now.

We had black ice on the roads yesterday - coldest it's been in 16 years here in sunny / not so warm/ Arizona. I can only imagine what the rest of the country feels like (NO THANKS!).

Thinking of CC right about now, and snorkeling with the fish! And all the lovely moments shared in the hot tub with cocktails and friends!

Now that's the right way to start my morning... "m e m o r i e s... like the corners of my mind.... (thank god you can't hear me)....

Have a great day all!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #90
GrayFal
I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EVERY year!

I put my CC picture on my computer at work as me 'background' and 3 different people asked me...WHERE is that!

Sweet dreams for sure.....maybe DCL will double dip again in 2009
Magic "Double Dip" Special Western 11/11/06 Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 8/18/07

Wonder 12/6/07 "Surf & Turf" 9/18/10 Magic Westbound Trans-Atlantic "30th Anniversary" Cruise
& 14 Day Hawaii October 2012
GrayFal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: