Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 AM   #136
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy šoš
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I'm on hold (have been for 60 minutes) waiting to book the Westbound repositioning cruise in 2008. Too bad I'm transfering an existing reservation...I could have booked on line and been done with it now!

jackie! i cant believe you stayed on hold all that time!! i talked to kim and in less then 5 minutes i had booked for the date i had in my signature all along! and was thrilled to find out that

A. it is another double dip! and
B. it is almost $1000 cheaper then the phantom april date oh - and
C. we will have the same cabin again! perhaps eventually i will know my way around if i stay in the same stateroom each time!

i was so happy to hear linda be as excited as i and agree to go during this week and she already (miss you plan it and ill be there) said she is picking the excursions this time - so - once again we will be parasailing and taking the eco tour at castaway cay!

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder); 2008 (Magic Double Dip);
2010 (Magic Double Dip);
2011 (Dream B2B),
2012 (Fantasy B2B) 2013 (Fantasy)
2015 (Fantasy?)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #137
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Janice, glad you got your '08 booked so easily, got a good rate and YOUR stateroom!

OK, how wacko is this? I've been thinking about our grocery shopping list for SSR in December!!! It might be just a tad early to think about that detail. But I have the web site for the grocery store that delivers in my 'favorites' all ready to go. I do think it's very important to have the proper early morning and late night snacks/beverages on hand!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2007, 07:29 AM   #138
GrayFal
I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EVERY year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
OK, how wacko is this?
Pretty WACKO!!!!

We had snow here this morning - it looks beautiful out!

And I just got my new 'lightweight' Travelpro luggage...opening the boxes now.
Janice, Glad you got your dates AND your cabin...LOL.

I actually like trying different rooms...I have sailed in an 8 on the Wonder and will do a Cat 7 for this cruise (my sister will be joining me and Sarah for the "December Birthday Girl" cruise)
I have done a 6 twice on the Magic - had the good luck to upgrade at the port to a Cat 3 and on the 2 repos booked a Cat 4 thanks to Barb who was able to book us in at the first price point.
From what I have read, there are people paying more for a Cat 8 on the PC EB repo than I am paying for the 4. It can be really crazy!

Jackie, sad u aren't with us but GLAD you got on the Westbound.....

And as for time of year and pricing - I think the April '08 prices were driven up by all the 'fake' dates people booked - why doesn't DCL just allow you to book a 'float' date until they release their inventory?
OOPS, I forgot, they are in this to make money ...LOL
I actually like the fall to cruise - a nice break after the summer crazy time and before the Holiday rush.
So Fall 2009 for me is right around the corner!!!

Well, even though mysnow looks very beautiful, I would rather be on CC - Serenity Bay
Magic "Double Dip" Special Western 11/11/06 Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 8/18/07

Wonder 12/6/07 "Surf & Turf" 9/18/10 Magic Westbound Trans-Atlantic "30th Anniversary" Cruise
& 14 Day Hawaii October 2012
GrayFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:32 AM   #139
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

HEY JANICE! and anyone else who's interested...

I just found out the grocery place will also pick up things they might not have in the store when given enoungh notice. So I'm thinking.....

Banfi Rosa Regale...at liquor store prices instead of $40 a bottle on the ship.
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 02-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #140
Hannosmom
DIS Veteran

Hi ya'll! Just thought I would drop in to say hi, going to the doc this am. BTW, went to the oncologist last week, got my lab reports back and I am still cancer-free after 4.5 years, WHOO HOOOO!

Jackie, I would love to check out that grocery store. Can you post a link?

We saw a few flakes of snow yesterday, before it all turned to rain.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #141
GrayFal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannosmom View Post
Hi ya'll! Just thought I would drop in to say hi, going to the doc this am. BTW, went to the oncologist last week, got my lab reports back and I am still cancer-free after 4.5 years, WHOO HOOOO!

WOW Linda - wonderful news!!!!

It would be nce to have stuff delivered for when we arrive....but I wouldn't be arriving until LATE on check-in day at SS...is that a problem?
Does DVC allow the deliveries to get to the room before me?????
or would I have to schedule for early Saturday morning?

Wonder 12/6/07 "Surf & Turf" 9/18/10 Magic Westbound Trans-Atlantic "30th Anniversary" Cruise
Old 02-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #142
faireygod mother
DIS Cast Member
I need some motivation in my life
My hairstylist is sworn to secrecy! But the Tag Fairy can be bribed to tell all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo;16771420I' thinking
[SIZE=3
Banfi Rosa Regale...[/SIZE]at liquor store prices instead of $40 a bottle on the ship.
I have a whole case and I only paid 18-20 a bottle.

Dec 1999 Off Site -|-Nov 2002 NCL Deep Southern Caribbean -|- Feb 2003 Grand Floridian -|- Dec 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge Land and Sea -|- March 2004 Pop-Century Girls "B" day trip -|- Oct 30 2004 Magicial Halloween Eastern Cruise -|- Jan 27 2005 Surprise Birthday Cruise for DH on the Wonder -|- October 16 2005 RCCL Mariner of the Seas -|- Nov 11 2006 Western Double Dip CC cruise -|- Aug 18 2007 Repo Western Med Cruise-l-Dec 6 2007 3 Day Wonder "Sisters" cruise-l-Aug 17 2008 EB PC Repo-|-Nov 8 2008 Vow renewal-changed to western-|- Sept 18, 2010 Repo Western Med Cruise -|- August 23, 2011 DCL ALaska
faireygod mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #143
faireygod mother
DIS Cast Member
I need some motivation in my life
My hairstylist is sworn to secrecy! But the Tag Fairy can be bribed to tell all!

Quote:

I am soooooooo happy for you. What great news. We should all celebrate. How about a 3 day cruise in December

Dec 1999 Off Site -|-Nov 2002 NCL Deep Southern Caribbean -|- Feb 2003 Grand Floridian -|- Dec 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge Land and Sea -|- March 2004 Pop-Century Girls "B" day trip -|- Oct 30 2004 Magicial Halloween Eastern Cruise -|- Jan 27 2005 Surprise Birthday Cruise for DH on the Wonder -|- October 16 2005 RCCL Mariner of the Seas -|- Nov 11 2006 Western Double Dip CC cruise -|- Aug 18 2007 Repo Western Med Cruise-l-Dec 6 2007 3 Day Wonder "Sisters" cruise-l-Aug 17 2008 EB PC Repo-|-Nov 8 2008 Vow renewal-changed to western-|- Sept 18, 2010 Repo Western Med Cruise -|- August 23, 2011 DCL ALaska
faireygod mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #144
Hannosmom
DIS Veteran

Great idea, Dee!!! I'll spring for an adult beverage for everyone at the Cove Cafe to celebrate! How early can we start drinking?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #145
GrayFal

Quote:
Great idea, Dee!!! I'll spring for an adult beverage for everyone at the Cove Cafe to celebrate! How early can we start drinking?
You mean there is a restriction to WHEN we can start.....what kinda fun is that

Old 02-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #146
ibouncetoo

Congratulations Linda! That's great news.

(I think after my March check-up, I switch to every 6 months instead of every 3. It's the two year mark for me.)

Think I'll pick up some Rosa Regale for this weekend!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:50 AM   #147
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy šoš
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

Talking

hey all!

just thought i would check in - i dont normally work on a saturday but was asked to stop in and said i would stay until 7 am (which means it is time to go) cuz that is when perkins opens!

linda - great news! we (dsis and i) both had a bit of a scare this past week - both got called back for second mammos - but all turned out well!

jackie - first off - do we have a room yet? second off - im in for the grocery planning and love the banfi idea!!! never too early to start planning - so post the link!

for anyone following my saga - the tummy issues continue - and ill be going for the endoscopy and colonoscopy on monday - which means - no beer and goodies during the superbowl!!

stay warm everyone!

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder); 2008 (Magic Double Dip);
2010 (Magic Double Dip);
2011 (Dream B2B),
2012 (Fantasy B2B) 2013 (Fantasy)
2015 (Fantasy?)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #148
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney-cruiser View Post
we (dsis and i) both had a bit of a scare this past week - both got called back for second mammos - but all turned out well!

jackie - first off - do we have a room yet? second off - im in for the grocery planning and love the banfi idea!!! never too early to start planning - so post the link!

SEE,,,,,,I TOLD you everything was OK.

Now I'm off to search the DIS for the grocery link (I'm sure it's in the Banfi thread)....looks like my 'favorites' did not survive the computer switch!!!!! I'll be back with that link.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #149
ibouncetoo

Grocery deliver

www.gardengrocer.com They will deliver alcohol, you just have to list what you want in the message section of your order. If you are requesting a specialty wine, they'd like to have at least a weeks notice. I just noticed they have a 'park essentials' section on their list. It includes the 13 oz bottle of Tide...very smart.

And for those of you who haven't tried the Banfi Rosa Regale, here's a description:

"Rosa Regale is a unique red sparkling wine. Soft and appealing, it may be enjoyed as a delicious aperitif, between-meal or after-dinner sparkler. Aromatic with a hint of rose petals and raspberries, Rosa Regale is perhaps the only wine in the world that marries well with chocolate, especially dark or bittersweet. Delightful, vivacious and aromatic, it can also be enjoyed with strawberries, fruit salads and a wide range of desserts."

I can't wait to have some with a chocolate souffle from Palo!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #150
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Linda

So happy about your news! Couldn't be a better way to start my day!

Janice sorry to hear you and Linda had a scare! I know what that feels like 05 was a bad year ....

JACKIE - did you email Janice our room information? She asked about it and you were so busy talking about wine... just want to make sure you didn't forget her with updated important information.

I'm so happy we'll be cruising this year... cuz looks like we'll be missing each other for 08. SOme of you will be on the Eastern REpo and that is always nice.

Have a great weekend all! HI PAT - HI SARAH - I know what you mean about the threads, our Western Stealing the MAgic is ridiculous I had 105 pages to read and I finally gave up!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: