Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
praisehim5
Mouseketeer

Just back from CSR

WE loved it. It was beautiful. The only negative we have is the lovebugs were quite lovey. They seemed to come out in batches and some days were worse than others. Other than that we enjoyed our stay. We didnt get any towel animals but thats ok.
praisehim5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
bab31
DIS Veteran

More we want more! What section were you in? How were the beds? How many days? How was the bus,pool, foood, ME. etc!

thanks
bab31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

I'm so glad that you loved CSR-it's a wonderful place.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
PamNC
A burger is a burger, right
I'd rather go down to Florida, visit Mickey and get some sand in my shoes

Yes - give us more!

We'll be there 11/18 - 11/26. Haven't stayed there since 1998 so I'm really paying attention to all the reviews. What building were you in? How was mousekeeping? Were you on the dining plan and if so how did you like that with the Pepper Market? The pool - is the refurbishment complete on the pyramid? How were the CM's and the grounds..

Do tell!

Thanks,

PamNC
Old 10-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
praisehim5
Mouseketeer

OK here we go

We stayed in the Cabanas 8A. It was close to the main pool and the quiet pool was also close by. The bus stop was also very close for us. We requested these things and were granted them. We had a king bed room. The only problem was my husband had ordered a gift basket with wine and glasses that was not in the room when we arrived. He called the front desk and it was promptly delivered.
We each had a message at the spa that was delightful and relaxing. It was the first time to every have a message.

The lights were on the pyramid but nothing else. We have never seen it so dont know what was missing. The quiet pool was lovely and that is where we spent most of our pool time. We were at DW for our 25th anniversary so keeping away from kids was a goal of ours.

Mousekeeping was sufficient and always had clean towels and bed made. We did leave a tip everyday but did not receive any towel animals. Oh well.

Yes we were on the dinning plan and loved it. We only had a few breakfasts at Pepper Market but thought the food was tasty and ample amounts. We ate most of our meals at other resorts or parks. You can see my reviews of the meals in the restraunt thread.

The CMs were great and very helpful. The golf cart was most helpful as my husband can not walk long distances.

The grounds were beautiful but the love bugs were quite annoying. They seemed to like the main pool area and no one could sit in the chairs without being attacked.

The hot tub was very nice and we spend some time there just relaxing.

The busses were very effient. We only had a few problems.
The first was our first night and we had dinner at the Cali grill. We left the Contemporary by monareal to the Trans and Ticket center. We asked the concier at Contemp what was the best way to get back to CSR. Well at the Trans ticket center all the bussess had been suspended for the night. There we stood with about 50 other people wondering how we would get back to our resorts. The Cm that was running the Epcot rail to parking lot called the Transportation director and told him there was a big problem. He came to us and had busses pick us up there to get us back. There had been some kind of glich and several of us were stranded. But it was taken care of.

the other problem was when we were headed for Ohanas. We decided to catch a bus to Downtown Disney and transfer to a Poly bus there. Wrong. It took us 1 1/2 hour to get to the Poly. The bus that left CSR took every back road and side road he could find. I saw places at DW I never saw before and realy dont care to see again. Then the Poly bus that had to stop at Planet Hollywood had a changing of the bus driver. The new driver that was supossed to be there was 10 minutes late. The he too took every back road he could find to get us to the Poly. By this time we were 50 min. late for our ressies. Luckly our names were still in the system.

ME worked like a charm and everything went smoothly. When we arrived at MCO we saw 2 women holding a sign directing us to ME. When we arrived we were on the bus and on our way in about 5 min. From the time we landed to the time we got to CSR was about 1 hour.
Our room wasnt ready yet so they stored our carry ons for us and we toured the resort.

We got in our room about 3:30 that day and had ample time to get ready for dinner at Cali grill that night.

The bed was great and we slept like babies. We never woke before 10am each morning. We had 25 years of sleep depervation and realy caught up on our sleep. With my husbands back I was a little worried about the bed but he slept great.

To us it was the trip of a lifetime. Beautiful surroundings, great food and Mickey Mouse what else could any one ask for.
praisehim5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Great report...I just got back also...check my report linked below.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
Quinn222
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehim5
The only problem was my husband had ordered a gift basket with wine and glasses that was not in the room when we arrived. He called the front desk and it was promptly delivered.

They cannot deliver wine to an unoccupied room. They have to have it signed for by a person who is over the legal age.

CSR – 2005, AM – 2006, POR – 2006, WL – 2006, FW – 2006, CSR – 2007, POR – 2007, YC – 2007, CSR – 2007, WL - 2008
Quinn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
bab31
DIS Veteran

thanks for giving us .. More! I appreciated your report, brought tears to me eyes.. trully, Congradulations on your 25th. We decided on CSR thinking that there would be less children as mine our out of the house now.
bab31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome back!! Glad you had a great time at CSR!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #10
byoung
You are keeping us alive

Yes I still love getting my fix here on the DIS daily

We enjoyed it there, except for one night arriving late they put us in a smoking rm. Never again.

4/80 Offsite--11/87 FWC--11/90 CBR--5/99CBR--5/01 CR AS CBR--10/02 OKW DWL--12/03 OKW--6/04 Offsite--10/04 BCV POR--12/04 CSR--1/05 CBR--5/05 BWV POLY--6/05 Offsite--10/05 BWV Welcome Home--11/05 Offsite--12/05 CSR OKW--2,3/06 OKW--5/06 Pops VWL Offsite--10/06 POR BWV--12/06 BWV--2,3/07 Offsite--5/07 BWV POR CS--10/07 CB BWV--12/07 OKW--2/08 Offsite--5/08 ASM VWL--9/08 AKV--10/08 BWV--3/09 Offsite--5/09 OKW--10/09 BWV ASM--11/09 ASM--12/09 SS--5/10 VWL
byoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 AM   #11
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byoung
We enjoyed it there, except for one night arriving late they put us in a smoking rm. Never again.
That happened to a friend of mine but she requested a new room and got one n cabana 9b. I wish they would just make all the room non-smoking but that is a topic for another day.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:04 AM   #12
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Thanks for the review! Only a few more weeks and we'll be at CSR!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #13
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

We were in 8A too! 9/22-9/30. I agree with you about the love bugs we went to The GF and the YC one day and the bugs were not nearly as bad as at CSR. There did seem to be less by the time we left.
Aurora in blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #14
Buzz'sBetterHalf
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your trip!!
Buzz'sBetterHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #15
sherreis
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review. We'll be there for Thanksgiving week and I'm getting so excited.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: