Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Chester's Mum
DIS Veteran

CSR or POP & CR

Our next trip will include me, ds 13, dd 18 and dd's boyfriend (if he's still around that is, you know how these things are). Dh won't be coming, he's tired of The World (say what?). I know it sounds strange to invite the boyfriend along, but he's never been to disney and I just can't resist converting another. Also we'll all be in the same room so there won't be any privacy for dd and him (that's the way I like it).

Here's my question. I really like CSR for our stay (2 weeks). However, I'm leaning towards 4 or 5 days at CR MK view. The only way I could afford that would be to nix CSR and stay at a value for the first leg of the stay. Would it be too crowded to stay at POP with 3 adults and 1 almost adult, he's already taller than me (ds that is, not the boy friend)? How much smaller are the values than the mods? Should I wait until next trip to live my dream of staying in CR?

We usually spend the entire day at parks, water parks etc., except for 1 or 2 down days for shopping, mini golf, swimming etc.
Chester's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

I would splurge on a couple of days at CR. I love CSR, but always wanted to try a monorail resort!

Another idea - did you check WL? Sometimes it's cheaper than other deluxes and the wow factor is BIG!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

We love CSR!! Didn't care for CR when we stayed there. CSR had better pool and bus transportation.

Check out these two threads and visit my CSR website below.

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT QUICK INFO

PEPPER MARKET FOOD PHOTOS

JUST BACK THREADS

Best Food Court – Voted by DIS’ers
Pepper Market. Huge portions, great choices and tasty food. Lunch/Dinner Menu

Best Pool – Voted by Dis’ers
Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I think you can't go wrong either way. I don't think the rooms at the moderates vs. the values are all that different. Minimal difference in square footage, same double beds and at CSR you still have only one sink. The difference between the mods and the values is the theming on the outside and the pools with pool slides. So if your kids like a really nice pool area with the slide and the hottub then you might think twice about Pop. My kids are happy swimming in any pool so when we stay at the values they are just as happy. Personally for me, two blessed weeks at lovely, peaceful CSR would be heaven! But then again, I love Pop dearly and I have always wanted to stay at the CR, tower/mk view. That would be a tough decision to make! Just know that from my viewpoint (and I have stayed at both Pop and CSR) I don't think you would notice that much difference in the rooms themselves. The privacy curtain in the bathroom area is really nice but not a deal maker/breaker in my opinion. Also, I would suggest you go to CR last so you have that to look forward to!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: