Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
peachypie
Earning My Ears
 
peachypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26

Just back from CSR-9/19-9/25

Had a great time overall went with DH and DD5.Here is my report.

Requested Cabanas 9b-Paid for water room view. The guy at the front desk said that there were no Cabanas rooms available- oh well I knew that requests were not always granted. He said that he would move us to Ranchos because we were originally booked to stay in Casitas and there was a large convention going on so it might be best for us with less noise. So we got to our room and we had a view of a wall and a bush-no water view. So DH called the front desk and asked if we could be moved. Nice lady on phone said "yes" especially since we paid for water view so she moved us to....Cabanas 9b (hmm.. I thought there were none available ) We were told to walk to new room assignment and wait for new key. While we were waiting a nice maintenance man noticed we were standing there for some time and asked if we needed help we told him what we were waiting for and he said" here, let me get you guys in to wait in the AC." He was VERY nice.
9b was definitely very convenient to most areas. Room was on second floor and had a great view. I had read up on the resort on the DIS so I knew what to expect. Yes there was mold on shower curtains and on faucet. There were also a few bugs that ended up on my bed somehow.One was a roach House keeping was very nice. We had one day where we did not need service so we had put the privacy sign up. They had called to leave us a message saying that if we needed anything to call them. No towel animals but I did see them in the windows of other rooms.Overall the rooms were o.k. I wasn't to keen on the deco DH didn't seem to mind.
Pepper market was good. I didn't think it was confusing at all even though I knew what to expect ahead of time. The directions were all clearly explained on the menu as well as the card they give you to be stamped.
Whenever we passed a cast member they were all very nice. Gift shop was great and had a little play table to keep DD occupied while we looked around.
Grounds very clean and beautiful except for the lovebug invasion which was not a fault of CSR's of coarse but whoa were they EVERYWHERE! The pool was nice.Under a bit of refurb but still nice. Waterslide was REALLY fun probably the best I've been on,The play area was fun for DD. Very nicely themed.
I cannot comment on the bus service since we had a rental car but I never noticed a lot of people waiting.
This resort to us was o.k. I think there were a lot of benefits to it being a convention resort with respect to crowds. My favorite things were the pool and the grounds. I may or may not stay here again. I have only stayed at AKL so there are a few more I'd like to experience.
peachypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
sherreis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FL - less than 1 hr to the Mouse
Posts: 2,316

Thanks for the review.

I just don't get why they wouldn't put you in cabana 9B as requested, if the room was really there. We've requested that one as well for our trip in November.

Now, about the bugs in the room.............. not so happy to hear about them. (I do know that being in Florida, you're going to have them)
__________________
Sherri Me DH DS 17 DS13 We just moved from MD to FL and I still love going to WDW!
sherreis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
GoCards!
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 26

Can you tell me if there were dvd or vhs players in the room? DS 2 will have to get his Barney fix...
GoCards! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
peachypie
Earning My Ears
 
peachypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherreis
Thanks for the review.

I just don't get why they wouldn't put you in cabana 9B as requested, if the room was really there. We've requested that one as well for our trip in November.

Now, about the bugs in the room.............. not so happy to hear about them. (I do know that being in Florida, you're going to have them)


I was not too keen on the bugs in the room either. I think they are more likely to be in the rooms that have room doors on the outside. I don't know why they didn't put us in 9b in the first place. I had even brought it up to the guy checking us in.
peachypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
peachypie
Earning My Ears
 
peachypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCards!
Can you tell me if there were dvd or vhs players in the room? DS 2 will have to get his Barney fix...

No DVD or VHS in the room. I was at AKL last year and they did not have one in there either so I don't think that it is something that Disney resorts provide.
peachypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
PrincessJasmine08
That is insane! I had no idea there was such a thing as a vacuum
I have a talent for making people's heads spin, among other things
 
PrincessJasmine08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 9,821

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachypie
No DVD or VHS in the room. I was at AKL last year and they did not have one in there either so I don't think that it is something that Disney resorts provide.
I wonder if you could request one?
PrincessJasmine08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
peachypie
Earning My Ears
 
peachypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26

Something else that I want to add to my trip report is that ( and this may sound trivial to some) They did not have soap dishes. Is it like that at all moderates? I don't know why but that bothered me. I ended up buying soap in a dispenser at Target.
peachypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
CareBear84
Earning My Ears
 
CareBear84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 50

Help!!! My DBF and I are going to be staying at Coronada in two weeks and i'm deathly afraid of roaches!!!! somebody said they are mainly get in the rooms with doors to the outside but I thought all the doors opened to the outside. Do some buildings have inside doors? I would like to request that if I can.
CareBear84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #9
CareBear84
Earning My Ears
 
CareBear84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear84
Help!!! My DBF and I are going to be staying at Coronada in two weeks and i'm deathly afraid of roaches!!!! somebody said they are mainly get in the rooms with doors to the outside but I thought all the doors opened to the outside. Do some buildings have inside doors? I would like to request that if I can.
Can somebody answer this for me, please??? Thanks guys!
__________________
2002 - AllStar Music
2003 - Pop Century
2006 - Coronado Springs
CareBear84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #10
peachypie
Earning My Ears
 
peachypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear84
Can somebody answer this for me, please??? Thanks guys!
I don't think there will be a problem with roaches. I had only seen one and I was there for 7 days. I didn't see them anywhere else on property. As far as I know there are no rooms that have inside doors.
peachypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #11
thmar
DIS Veteran
 
thmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 5,594

Thanks for the report, Peachypie. Sounds like Sept. is an awful time for those love bugs!
__________________
"Happiness is a state of mind..." Walt Disney


"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney


God Bless...

thmar
thmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #12
Mickey's Sister
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey's Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PA Pocono Mountains
Posts: 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear84
Help!!! My DBF and I are going to be staying at Coronada in two weeks and i'm deathly afraid of roaches!!!! somebody said they are mainly get in the rooms with doors to the outside but I thought all the doors opened to the outside. Do some buildings have inside doors? I would like to request that if I can.
It was probably a palmetto bug - not the roaches people associate with city tenements! Palmetto bugs are everywhere in Florida. Even with regular exterminators, they still sometimes manage to get in (my sister has been a Floridian for 14 years). I wouldn't worry.

If it will make you feel any better, when we stayed at Fort Wilderness cabins a few years back, we saw exterminators actually spraying in the woods. (Though I don't know which is worse, bugs or the spray, LOL.) I've seen more bugs up here in PA than I've ever seen on Disney property.

Enjoy your trip!

Jessica
__________________
Jessica

"It's time to remember the magic!"

11/2000 - Chez Mickey; 4 - 5/2002 FW Cabins; 11/2003 Off-site; 11-12/2005 ASMU; 6/2009 Doubletree Suites DTD for SWW! ...but ALWAYS there in spirit!
Mickey's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
peachypie
Earning My Ears
 
peachypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Sister
It was probably a palmetto bug - not the roaches people associate with city tenements! Palmetto bugs are everywhere in Florida. Even with regular exterminators, they still sometimes manage to get in (my sister has been a Floridian for 14 years). I wouldn't worry.

If it will make you feel any better, when we stayed at Fort Wilderness cabins a few years back, we saw exterminators actually spraying in the woods. (Though I don't know which is worse, bugs or the spray, LOL.) I've seen more bugs up here in PA than I've ever seen on Disney property.

Enjoy your trip!

Jessica
I had heard that Disney goes through great lengths to control bugs and wouldn't you know it, I only got bug bites when I was off property.
peachypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
Mickey's Sister
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey's Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PA Pocono Mountains
Posts: 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachypie
I had heard that Disney goes through great lengths to control bugs and wouldn't you know it, I only got bug bites when I was off property.
I'm not surprised. When I saw those 'guys' in Hazmat (?spelling) suits real early one morning spraying in woods - well, it was pretty freaky. At first I wasn't sure what I was seeing. But we watched them for a while & as they moved closer, it was pretty clear what was going on. Then we all commented that we really hadn't seen any bugs. That's pretty uncommon in May in Florida.

In all seriousness - would you recommend CSR? We had hoped to stay at Wilderness Lodge for our next trip, but yet again, it's not in the budget. We've been pretty intrigued by the photos, my son especially since he studied Central & South American history in school. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica
__________________
Jessica

"It's time to remember the magic!"

11/2000 - Chez Mickey; 4 - 5/2002 FW Cabins; 11/2003 Off-site; 11-12/2005 ASMU; 6/2009 Doubletree Suites DTD for SWW! ...but ALWAYS there in spirit!
Mickey's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #15
peachypie
Earning My Ears
 
peachypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Sister
I'm not surprised. When I saw those 'guys' in Hazmat (?spelling) suits real early one morning spraying in woods - well, it was pretty freaky. At first I wasn't sure what I was seeing. But we watched them for a while & as they moved closer, it was pretty clear what was going on. Then we all commented that we really hadn't seen any bugs. That's pretty uncommon in May in Florida.

In all seriousness - would you recommend CSR? We had hoped to stay at Wilderness Lodge for our next trip, but yet again, it's not in the budget. We've been pretty intrigued by the photos, my son especially since he studied Central & South American history in school. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica
The resort to me was just ok. I have only stayed at AKL prior to CSR so I don't think I am the best person to ask. The only thing that I didn't like was the decor of the rooms and they just didn't feel clean. I can be pretty picky about those things though but I also don't think that I spent a lot of time in the room to have to look at it all of the time so it really wasn't too big of a deal.There are so many things to consider that I would just continue to read ( ie.non disney "magicness", conventions, etc.) so that you are given a heads up on things...that seemed to help me out.
peachypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.