Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Iluvthemouse
DIS Veteran

My review of CSR..just back yesterday...UPDATED 9/24

First some background info.
Been to POP last year. Been to POR years ago-(would never go again). DD and myself liked POP but DH was looking for something a little less active/noisy (meaning fewer kiddos). He really didnt want to go this year but I threatened to go without him and he changed his mind but the compromise was he got to pick the resort. He picked CSR mainly because of the pool slide.

I had requested anywhere in the Cabana section. I faxed a letter to the hotel direct the day before we arrived and it was noted on my confirmation from Disney. We arrived and checked in to find we were in Casita 5. "Oh great, this trip is starting off grand". We drive to our room and quickly find it. We are first floor, corner room, with view of the fountain and lake. "Ok, this might just work". My belief is things happen for a reason...

We found the room to be the exact same layout at POP (with maybe another 2 feet added) with the same thin walls (thank you very much guy next door with your alarm clock that went off at 6am EVERY morning and beeped for 30 minutes). The room was extra clean, the shower was great and the refrigerator was cold. I had ordered a case of water from Staples shipped to the resort and when we got to the room there was a message on our voice mail saying it was there to be delivered or picked up..

The resort is large but very easy to navigate. We love large resorts and with the dining plan the walking was good exercise.

Thoughts on everything I can remember.

Busses--the best. We were close to busstop 2 (which is the first pickup and first drop off). We had to walk across the parking lot but again the walking isnt a big deal. The busses were NEVER crowded. Noone ever stood. We always rent a car and this time it was a big waste of money. The longest wait we had was 25 minutes at Blizzard Beach but the rest of the time we waited less than 10 minutes.

Pools---Dig Site slide is lots of fun. DH and DD loved it. They did have the fountains turned off as well as the scaffolding around the temple area. The Casita quiet pool was always quite busy so we would hang out at the Ranchos or Cabana ones. Water was refreshing and great temp. The water last year at POP was freezing for the same time frame.

More later...

Last edited by Iluvthemouse; 09-24-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Iluvthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

Glad that you enjoyed your stay. We stayed there a few years ago and my DS's have been asking to go back to that resort. Maybe next year.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Glad to hear you had a good time! We can't wait to get there!
Old 09-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #4
pamrob
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Our stay there was pleasant as well. We stayed in Ranchos and, yes, our quiet pool was generally very quiet.
pamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #5
sherreis
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your stay at CSR. We'll be there over Thanksgiving and we've requested Cabana 9B.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvthemouse
First some background info.
Been to POP last year. Been to POR years ago-(would never go again). DD and myself liked POP but DH was looking for something a little less active/noisy (meaning fewer kiddos). He really didnt want to go this year but I threatened to go without him and he changed his mind but the compromise was he got to pick the resort. He picked CSR mainly because of the pool slide.

I had requested anywhere in the Cabana section. I faxed a letter to the hotel direct the day before we arrived and it was noted on my confirmation from Disney. We arrived and checked in to find we were in Casita 5. "Oh great, this trip is starting off grand". We drive to our room and quickly find it. We are first floor, corner room, with view of the fountain and lake. "Ok, this might just work". My belief is things happen for a reason...

We found the room to be the exact same layout at POP (with maybe another 2 feet added) with the same thin walls (thank you very much guy next door with your alarm clock that went off at 6am EVERY morning and beeped for 30 minutes). The room was extra clean, the shower was great and the refrigerator was cold. I had ordered a case of water from Staples shipped to the resort and when we got to the room there was a message on our voice mail saying it was there to be delivered or picked up..

The resort is large but very easy to navigate. We love large resorts and with the dining plan the walking was good exercise.

Thoughts on everything I can remember.

Busses--the best. We were close to busstop 2 (which is the first pickup and first drop off). We had to walk across the parking lot but again the walking isnt a big deal. The busses were NEVER crowded. Noone ever stood. We always rent a car and this time it was a big waste of money. The longest wait we had was 25 minutes at Blizzard Beach but the rest of the time we waited less than 10 minutes.

Pools---Dig Site slide is lots of fun. DH and DD loved it. They did have the fountains turned off as well as the scaffolding around the temple area. The Casita quiet pool was always quite busy so we would hang out at the Ranchos or Cabana ones. Water was refreshing and great temp. The water last year at POP was freezing for the same time frame.

More later...
Glad you enjoyed CSR!! Welcome back!!

The pool and buses are great!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:41 AM   #7
dolphin01
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!!
dolphin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
Badllamamama
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing a review!!
Badllamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #9
pamrob
DIS Veteran

I didn't notice the walls seeming thin - perhaps our room was just too loud! Seriously, I never heard noise from the rooms on either side.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #10
Iluvthemouse
DIS Veteran

Okay I am rotating between painting DD's bedroom and being on here...

Mousekeeping---very good. We didnt get any towel animals but we werent expecting any so we werent disappointed. Our room was always cleaned early, usually by 10am which was VERY nice. The mousekeeper did a great job of cleaning as well.

Pepper Market---confusing at first. When we first arrived we were seated and given 3 order forms. Over the next week we were given 1-3 order forms and it was always the 3 of use eating. The first day I had grilled snapper, fried plaintains, pineapple salsa and a huge chocolate chip muffin for dessert (which we had for breaky the next day). We ate there for lunch one other time and it was also very good. DH couldnt believe he could get a ribeye for lunch. PM was never really busy but sometimes they had only 1 register open to pay so there would be long lines. The manager would run up and open another one quickly though.

Conventions---there were roughly 8 different conventions going on during the time we were there. Most of the conventioners were put in the Casitas. This would explain the Casita pool always busy. They were good groups of people and nice/friendly, not noisy.

Maya Grill--very nice. We actually had our best dinner meal of the trip there. We walked in without ADR and the restaurant was empty.

Intershuttle---Nick was mostly the driver. We never had a problem getting the shuttle. I rode around several times just to see the property and relax. Hardly ever a wait for the shuttle.

Overall--we would go back here again. Next time we wont get a car. The busses were great. We travel to Disney usually in September low season but I will always check what/how many conventions are at the property. The service, food, cleanliness were awesome.
Iluvthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #11
pamrob
DIS Veteran

I would agree the Maya Grill was our best meal of our recent trip - worst service, but definitely the best meal!
Old 09-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #12
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

Casitas is my personal favorite section. It is midway between everything and the theming is so perfect! We were upgraded to Casitas 5, 3rd floor corner room, waterview on our first visit to CSR and we are now FANS FOR LIFE! Our last visit we were upgraded to a corner room, waterview in Cabanas...I yearned for Casitas though.

CSR is the only resort that has consistently upgraded me without asking!

The bus service has always been superb as well. We had one CM at check-in who was a bit less than helpful (we wanted to add a night to our original ressie and he said there was no room...the place was deserted! A manager came over and we had another day added within moments).
Old 09-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #13
pamrob
DIS Veteran

How are the corner rooms different? Are they the same size just with two windows?
Old 09-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #14
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrob
How are the corner rooms different? Are they the same size just with two windows?
yes...
Old 09-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #15
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvthemouse
Okay I am rotating between painting DD's bedroom and being on here...

Mousekeeping---very good. We didnt get any towel animals but we werent expecting any so we werent disappointed. Our room was always cleaned early, usually by 10am which was VERY nice. The mousekeeper did a great job of cleaning as well.

Pepper Market---confusing at first. When we first arrived we were seated and given 3 order forms. Over the next week we were given 1-3 order forms and it was always the 3 of use eating. The first day I had grilled snapper, fried plaintains, pineapple salsa and a huge chocolate chip muffin for dessert (which we had for breaky the next day). We ate there for lunch one other time and it was also very good. DH couldnt believe he could get a ribeye for lunch. PM was never really busy but sometimes they had only 1 register open to pay so there would be long lines. The manager would run up and open another one quickly though.

Conventions---there were roughly 8 different conventions going on during the time we were there. Most of the conventioners were put in the Casitas. This would explain the Casita pool always busy. They were good groups of people and nice/friendly, not noisy.

Maya Grill--very nice. We actually had our best dinner meal of the trip there. We walked in without ADR and the restaurant was empty.

Intershuttle---Nick was mostly the driver. We never had a problem getting the shuttle. I rode around several times just to see the property and relax. Hardly ever a wait for the shuttle.

Overall--we would go back here again. Next time we wont get a car. The busses were great. We travel to Disney usually in September low season but I will always check what/how many conventions are at the property. The service, food, cleanliness were awesome.
Thanks for your honest review. I didn't know they had plaintains. I never saw them. Something new to try!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: