Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #121
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama
Joe takes EE out of the stroller before I can stop him. Now, I know this is a mistake of EPIC porportions! I just turn around and help Minnie color her mask. It's time to move on and little EE throws a HUGE tantrum... he screams, he cries, he does the limp noodle move, you know, everything I said my kids don't do. Yeah, egg in my face!

You are too funny!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-POFQ; 2015-Bonnet Creek; 2015-DLR
Old 10-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #122
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Having a dad who wanders, I can't imagine taking him to Disney! Can I borrow the "Waldo" reference? It would soooooo fit him!

I agree with another DIS-er...You are a saint!!!!

Can't wait for the rest!
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #123
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama
What I 'm firstest again!?

Oh, dont you just hate when you're almost out of days?

Sorry your little princess is getting lippy! Soooo looking foreward to THAT funness! NOT!

What a sentimental time watching the fireworks!
Bet you get sad when you think of that "almost done time"!!!
Girl, do you have TR radar or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
Rats. I'm never first.

NO - you just can't be at the only-one-day-left point yet! I still want to play Where's Waldo?, and see the precious looks on Minnie and EE's faces, and live vicariously thorugh your yummy adult-beverages.... ((sigh)) Okay, I'm done with my tantrum. Bring on the...sniff...last...sniff....day.
I don't know how she does it.... it's not like they're busting down the door to post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebIreland
Thanks, Deb. Glad you can laugh about that!

QUOTE=MomPlanner22]I managed to miss the entire installment about you all at MGM. How did that happen?

LOVED the picture of you, EE and Minnie at PHD. We are really looking forward to that as my kids are PHD junkies! You guys look gorgeous and I am really enjoying your report! I wish you were able to post the ToT pix with Waldo, Nini and the eyes. I sounds like a riot!

Looking forward to your last day![/QUOTE]

Thanks! That is my fav pic, as you can see it's now a part of my siggy. PHD is really cute, they'll love it!
The ToT pic was GREAT... I was tempted to take a photo of the photo... but I'm not one of those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession
Can't wait to read the last day...only, that means it will all come to an end and I'll have to get hooked by another TR! :
(No worries...there are plenty to read up on!)

Post soon!.................Please?!?
Yes, there are PLENTY to read. UM's alone should keep us all busy through the holidays! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tiara
I think Umama has trip report radar. I am loving your TR and can't wait to hear the rest.
Yeah, I loved the part about the kids hair. You lovingly snuggle up to your kids and then you say, "Good grief! You need a bath!" "Disney heat makes you stink!" Thankfully at this point my older kids can bathe and wash their own hair and my oldest even volunteers to bathe and wash baby sisters hair cause she thinks it's fun ....Hey, I take what I can get. It leaves me a little more time for other things...
Thanks! Minnie would love to bathe Little EE... however, I know she will try to drown him. It's one way I keep 'em babies, getting bathed by mama! With all the humidity, those kiddies reeked by days end! Little EE's shoes were downright STANKY! We no longer called them sandals... we just called them his stanks. We had to keep those bad boys on the lanai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonestavern
More priceless pics! Thank you!
Your Minnie & EE are so vibrant! Love the Little EE & his strawberries & cream.
Okay, the Beverly Joe & Walt pics are super, especialy the Joe pic, he should be the symbol of the Beverly drink!
(My cooking must have really injured our family's tastebuds over the years, we thought Beverly was okay )
Oooh, can't wait to find out if Nini makes it back to the Poly without the aid of cellphone guidance & which DISer you encountered at Boma!
I'm first! I'm first!

Jean
You ARE first! I must say Little EE eats everything with gusto! It's really cute!
Joe hates that I posted that pic... muahahaha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foladar
Great report, where is Club Cool? I want to get the family to try out Beverly! LOL
Club Cool is near Fountain View cafe to the right of the Fountain of Nations.... can't miss it. You must serve Beverly to the family!!
QUOTE=PrincessV]Oh no - as if Where's Waldo? wasn't enough fun, it looks like your family's about to start playing Where's Nini?! I'd like to take this moment to say you must have the patience of a saint to have made it to this point without freaking out. You rock! [/QUOTE]
Thank you! I do think I deserve an award for dealing with this family! Although, it's still not as bad as poor sorul82's family! Now that woman needs to be nominated for sainthood. Peeps, go read that TR... it's a like a car accident that you just can't look away from!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom

You are too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession
Having a dad who wanders, I can't imagine taking him to Disney! Can I borrow the "Waldo" reference? It would soooooo fit him!
I agree with another DIS-er...You are a saint!!!!
Can't wait for the rest!
Borrow away my friend.... Would you like to borrow Waldo, too? In fact, I'll pay you to take him!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #124
3NJDisneyDivas
sniff..sniff.. there HAS to be a tag around here somewhere, I can smell it!

You have the most bee-u-tiful family!
Sounds like good times all around.
I am sorry to see this TR end.
Go back again so we can hear more!

We are staying at the Poly in January. I can't wait.

Lisa
Old 10-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #125
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3NJDisneyDivas
You have the most bee-u-tiful family!
Sounds like good times all around.
I am sorry to see this TR end.
Go back again so we can hear more!

We are staying at the Poly in January. I can't wait.

Lisa
Thanks! I see you're a fellow FOCKER! I'm watching you!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #126
Disneyland_Mama

Day 5: Part II

I seriously need to get this little trippie done. I've no time to catch up on everyone elses TR!

Ok, so we leave Epcot and I'm feeling very sad. Have I mentioned that I really, really, really, love Epcot? We get back to the Poly and head up to the rooms, thinking Nini will be there relaxing, right? Wrong! She's not there and there's no sign she's been there and went to the pool or anything. We decide not to panick. She's got her phone, so she'll call if she needs us. We panic slightly, only because we know she's got no sense of direction and is easily turned around.
We peel off our clothes and jump into our swim suits and hit the pool. Today is Sunday, and there are a lot more ppl and the pool, then there has been all week. I don't understand why. Joe and I discuss this a come to the conclusion that most ppl travel on Saturday. Thus wanting to take it easy on their first full day of vacation. Right? No? I don't know. Sounded good at the time. Not so much now.

We're at the pool and here comes Miss Sassy in her swim suit. I ask Nini where have you been? "At Epcot." She says. Okay... not even going to ask. We hang out at the pool until 5pm. The Poly has this cute kiddie section with dancing water fountain spray thingy.

Yup, we got to hang out there for a good 30 mins. Not without my little cocktail, Little Miss Mai Tai or 2 or 3. My friends, the Mai Tai sisters. Back to the room to get purty for dinner.
We have 6:50 ADR's for Boma tonight. I'm really looking forward to this as I heard lots of great things about it. We decide to call a Taxi van to take us over. Joe calls the front desk and they arrange for the taxi service. We arrive at the AKL. We're ooooh-ing and ahhhhh-ing at the beautiful themeing of this hotel. It's really pretty cool looking. We go inside and more oooh and ahhhs from us. We head downstairs to Boma only to find a mob scene. We're early, but I get us checked in. We walk outside to check out the pool and such. It's really cool. I love how they made the pool look like a dirty river. And I mean that in the nicest way. Joe thinks it IS really dirty. Our buzzer goes off w/ in 10 mins and we head back. We're seated toward the back of the restaurant and our server is Barbara. She's great, she's Cuban and has that way about her, that you just like her right away. We take turns hitting the buffet. Oh me, oh my, the food is really different here. It's so delicious! The flavors are very exotic, but not too exotic to be unfamiliar. The spice combinations are different, but good. I'm enjoying my meal and just happen to look up and see a family of 4 being seated. The mama has a LGMHPC hanging from her purse. A disser! A disser! I jump up and realize, no one is at the table but me and the kiddies. I don't want to leave them, but I want to catch her before they start their meal. I make eye contact with Joe and give him the hurry up eyes. I grab a disness card from my backpack and head to their table. I ask the mama if she has a LGMHPC on her purse and she replys "Yes, I do." Well, I slap down my disness card and say "Hi, disser!" I have to hurry back to the table, so I quickly say, "I just wanted to say Hi! Have fun! Bye!" I leave her and tell Joe I just saw a disser... he gives me the ol . Whatever, Joe! You just don't have a lime bone in your body, do ya? I sope she find my TR, just like my other mystery disser from MK, cjnix.
Well, I'm ready for dessert. I've heard story after story about Zebra Domes. Do they have alcohol? Do they not have alcohol? I'll have to see for my self. I make a beeline for the Zebra Domes and sure enough, there's a sign that says "Contains Alcohol". Well, I have to question that. I ate like 20 of those little things and didn't feel a darn thing! Maybe those Mai Tais killed it, I don't know. We left Boma with very full bellies. May I suggest the pressed pot of coffee. It's really a nice way to finish off the meal.
We hit the AKL gift shop, of course. But I amazingly didn't make a purchase. I think it was the Zebra Domes, after all. We all decide to just take the bus back. We have to take it to MK and grab the monorail back to the Poly. Well, tonight is EMH at MK and the bus stop was crazy full. We stepped to the side and waited for the bus. I swear I felt like all eyes were on us. Was it because there are 7 brown faces in the sea of white faces? Or was it because we were the last ones to arrive and the ppl thought we were going to try to swoop in and steal their spot on the bus? I don't know, but it was funny.
I'm not even kidding, but the bus pulls up and passes everyone else and stops right infront of us. If looks could kill, there'd be 7 brown ppl dead at the AKL bus stops. We decide it's really not worth the hassel and grab a cab back to the Poly.
We arrive back at our rooms and see the envelope we are dreading hanging from our door knob....
Now, I'm really sad.
It's close to 9 pm now and we're not sure we want to go to the MK for EMH. Minnie says she's too tired and I'm thinking I have a lot of packing to do, since we have to get out luggage down to the resort airline check and our boarding passes by 7:30am tomorrow. AND, we have 8am ADR's for O'Hana w/ Lilo & Stitch. I thought that would be our last hoorah!
We decide to stay in and rest and get things together. We get the kids bathed and our bags ready for the morning.

The kids are out cold. It's been a very busy 5 days and it's finally caught up with them.
Tomorrow.... breakfast with some old friends and crazy ppl on the airplane.

Where's Waldo count: 1, and it's a doozy!

I think.... I think I'm sad that we are leaving tomorrow. I think this trip has really sparked a love for WDW. I think traveling with family is not always a good idea, but it's fun, most of the time. I think my gene pool is questionable. I think we'll be back next year!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #127
S.Poppins
Mouseketeer
They spoke a strange language

OOhh, OOhh, I am finally first UM must have gone to bed early!! I am so sad that it is almost over. We have adrs for Boma, I can't wait!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #128
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

I loved this installment. I didn't know the Poly had one of those kid fountain things. I'll have to look into that. Was Boma's good? We're planning on trying it the next time we go. Your son looks like he's sleeping with his feet on top of your daughter! That's so funny and the reason I don't like sleeping with one of my kids! She's outgrowing it though...

Great so far and can't wait to hear what happens next.
In memory of my late husband: (1957-2008)
Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 AM   #129
tammyandtommy
Just call me Duckie!

Oh noo that envelope means your TR is coming to an end.... can you make it last til Friday? I leave friday for WDW myself... LOL
ds irate:
Old 10-03-2006, 06:50 AM   #130
jonestavern

Still frighteningly..NAKED!

Another winner installment!
Favorite Pic: the kiddos at the water spray
although that Poly pool view is very welcoming!
Favorite new character: the Mai Tai sisters, they are friends of mine, too!
Suspense: will the Boma DISer make an appearance here????

Thanks again for another good read!

Jean

AKV, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp; BCV, BWV, CBR, CSR, HHI, OKW, POFQ, POP, POR, SSR, WDW Swan; VB, WLV, & offsite
Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #131
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Ok I have to say this YOUR KIDS ARE ADORABLE!!! I'm such a sucker for brown eyes! No really they are beautiful! You are so blessed to have them! I love your TR! And I love that you have a wandering Waldo as well. My FIL is the same way he either wanders away or walkes the pace of a turtle! Can't wait to hear more!!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #132
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
We get back to the Poly and head up to the rooms, thinking Nini will be there relaxing, right? Wrong! She's not there and there's no sign she's been there and went to the pool or anything. We decide not to panick. She's got her phone, so she'll call if she needs us. We panic slightly, only because we know she's got no sense of direction and is easily turned around.
You've just described my mother! But I have to hand it to Waldo and Nini - I'm so impressed that they have the gumption to take off by themselves in the first place. Last night, I suggested to my mom that, since she's not a morning person, DS and I can head out early in the mornings and she can meet up with us at whichever park later. She was panic-stricken at the very idea of traversing WDW by herself!

Quote:
The mama has a LGMHPC hanging from her purse. A disser! A disser!
Yay - you got another sighting in!

Quote:
I've heard story after story about Zebra Domes. Do they have alcohol? Do they not have alcohol? I'll have to see for my self. I make a beeline for the Zebra Domes and sure enough, there's a sign that says "Contains Alcohol". Well, I have to question that. I ate like 20 of those little things and didn't feel a darn thing!

Quote:
Priceless!
Another awesome installment! Can't believe it's drawing to a close...

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #133
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

I think , you have done a great job on your trip report! We got the brown people stares a lot to, I even heard one lady comment to her husband, "Did you hear how good they spoke English"

So are you already planning your next trip?

Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #134
HMHunters
Extra credit to anyone with a picture of one of the Gibb brothers
Can it get any better than that?!

Quote:
We get back to the Poly and head up to the rooms, thinking Nini will be there relaxing, right? Wrong! She's not there and there's no sign she's been there and went to the pool or anything. We decide not to panick. She's got her phone, so she'll call if she needs us. We panic slightly, only because we know she's got no sense of direction and is easily turned around.
Where's Mrs Waldo?

Quote:
my disness card
love it!

Great trippie - only sorry it's coming to a close! Your kids are adorable. What a great age! Enjoy it -- it goes too quickly.

WL Jan 2008 POFQ January 2007 Offsite Nov 2005 AKL Christmas 2004 POFQ Nov 2002 CR Christmas 2001 CR Christmas 1998 Offsite honeymoon May 1988
Completed WDW Full Marathon 2008 Completed WDW Half Marathon 2007
Old 10-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #135
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina90744
I think , you have done a great job on your trip report! We got the brown people stares a lot to, I even heard one lady comment to her husband, "Did you hear how good they spoke English"

So are you already planning your next trip?
Girl, you are so funny!
I love it "the brown people stares"!

That's funny! "Did you hear how good they spoke English!" I would have died laughing if I heard that.

Yup, I've got the next trip going. We have an even larger group this next time. My brother decided to join us making us a group of 11. I've learned enough on this trip, though. I know splitting up and meeting for a meal later is the best policy!

Thanks for reading!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: