Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #91
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your trip report and see that I missed quite a bit while I was off. I'm so proud of you for not giving him the croissant from the floor. It restores my faith in humanity...

I can't wait to hear more.

P.S. I loved the BBB pictures of your daughter....
In memory of my late husband: (1957-2008)
Old 09-29-2006, 07:17 AM   #92
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Ok, could someone tell me when the opening show is for MK? I was there early three days on our trip, and have never seen it!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #93
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Mmmm, I love, love, love the salmon at CP! You've got me hungry for lunch at 8am!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 09-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #94
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

CP looks like soooo much fun!
How appropriate is it for 4 women ages 39-50 to eat there WITHOUT kids?!?
Would we be out of place?
Heck, I like the characters too!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #95
jonestavern

Still frighteningly..NAKED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession
I am well over 40 & will be @ CP with DH, DS17 & DFIL. DS17 & DFIL have no idea characters are involved! Hmmm...I can just imagine that reaction DS17 & DFIL are big buffet hounds, so I am sure that will help them get over it!
DH is resigned to the fact (& it is written in stone!) that, I, Pooh-sized, older lady, will be dancing with Tigger, Eeyore & pals

Have fun ladies!
Jean

AKV, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp; BCV, BWV, CBR, CSR, HHI, OKW, POFQ, POP, POR, SSR, WDW Swan; VB, WLV, & offsite

Last edited by jonestavern; 09-29-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #96
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession
VERY appropriate! I believe as soon as you go through the turnstyles, everyone is the same age.
Isn't there a quote over the train bridge as you enter MK that says something to that effect? I'm going to DLR today to check out the new Halloween Time decorations, so I'm going to take a photo of the Walt Disney quote.
I say go for it. It really was fun!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #97
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29
Ok, could someone tell me when the opening show is for MK? I was there early three days on our trip, and have never seen it!!!
I think they only do it on non-EMH days. I could be wrong!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #98
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama
VERY appropriate! I believe as soon as you go through the turnstyles, everyone is the same age.
Isn't there a quote over the train bridge as you enter MK that says something to that effect? I'm going to DLR today to check out the new Halloween Time decorations, so I'm going to take a photo of the Walt Disney quote.
I say go for it. It really was fun!

Thanks! I think I may just have to do that!

(Now to talk the other ladies into it!!!!)
Old 09-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #99
Disneyland_Mama

Day 4 Part 3

We jump on the MGM bus and I sit and start to look thru my lanyard to make sure I have everyones Key to the World. Well, I don't. I realize we used Minnies card to open the door and I must have left in on the dresser in the room. What to do? As soon as we stop at GF I ask the bus driver if I can get a replacement at MGM. He give me the ! I decide to jump off the bus with Walt and take a Taxi back to the Poly and have that cab wait for me with Walt while I run up to the room and grab the card. I tell Joe it's easier this way, because he's better at lifting strollers, etc. out of the bus. Joes agrees and away Walt and I go. I do as I plan and get back to the cab in record time. The driver takes us to MGM and drops us off w/in 5 minutes of the others, who took the bus. Whoo hoo... and it only cost me 20 bucks! Don't tell Joe!

We head inside and make our way to the ToT and RnR. First we stop at a snack cart for uhhh... a snack. Minnie wants a pretzel and Little EE wants some strawberries. I'm waiting with my items in line behind a family of 5. The little boy (7yo?) gets himself between my stroller and the table of fruit/snacks. Well, his parents finish their business and leave. When they realize they left him behind, they call him and he almost falls on Little EE in his stroller. I catch him and ask if he's ok. I runs off and the parents give me the ol' stink eye. Like it's my fault. Get over it people.... watch your kid! Well the kid left his hat on the counter, so I pick it up and take it to him. They parents graciously take it from me and start ripping this poor little kid a new one. I mean, he didn't wander off, THEY left him. I felt so bad for him.
With snacks in hand we head over to grab some FP's for RnR and then head over to ToT. There's no wait for ToT, so we get a baby switch and Joe, Walt and I head on the ride. OMG!!! How can I express how much I love, love, love this ride??? It's soooooo much better here that DCA. I feel cheated with *our* ToT. I mean ours SUCKS compared to MGM. Ours just goes up and down. Whoopie! I need to write a letter to someone... we need *ours* revamped. We look at the photo and it's priceless! Joe's eyes are closed and he's trying to go into the fetal position. Walt's mouth is open and you can almost see the drool about to come out! Gross. I don't remember what I looked like ! We did the baby swap and I ride with Waldo and Nini. Waldo is afraid of heights, so Nini is telling me to tell her when the doors open, so she can cover Waldo's eyes.???? Are you kidding me? First of all, how are you going to say anything to Waldo, who is hard of hearing, during the ride when ppl are yelling and screaming and second, how are you going to cover his eyes if he's a foot taller than you. This, my friends, is my gene pool. Well, another great ride, even with the crazy parental units. You can imagine our picture.... Nini is attempting to cover Waldo's eyes, only to reach his shoulder area. And Waldo has his arms flailying about, attempting to shoo Nini's eye manuver away. It's priceless. We meet up with Joe, Walt, and the kidlets and I show them the pic on the screen. Joe and Walt are in hysterics. It really was funny. Next we hit RnR. Joe decides to opt out, so Walt, Waldo, Nini and I head to the FP line, which is really lame, cause there is no line. We head inside and I really don't under the queue of this ride. Is it really necessary to section people off and then make you wait for the section infront of you to go before letting you in the next section? It really bothered me. I don't know why, but it did. Why not just let the line make it's way to the loading area? I think it's my OCD kicking in! It's our turn to ride and away we go! This ride is soooo fun! I couldn't help but scream! I was more than I expected. It was as good as *our* Space Mountain! Everyone loved this ride, even the seniors.
We all decide to split up for awhile, since Walt and Nini want to see the Indian Jones show and Joe and I want to take the kids to see Playhouse Disney thanks to the recommendation of CJNIX29 . Waldo doesn't want to see either, so we give him permission to "wander" and meet up with us at the Great Movie ride in 1 hour. Comprendo?
Joe and I make our way to PD and I send him for a snack, while Little EE and I get in the non-existant line. Well Joe comes back empty handed and tells me the line was crazy and the ppl in it were crazier. Ok, so we head inside and find a nice spot about 3 rows from the ride stage.

It's not crowded, and there's plenty of room to spread out. Well, this family decides my behind looks like a good spot, so they plant themselves right up against my back. I mean I can hear them breathing, they're so close. Well, they have a baby who is learning to walk and the parents decide it's ok to use me as a balance beam, couch, kicking post. If you look closely you can see the baby standing behind me with some killer tennis shoes. Those things hurt! I keep turning around, you know in the nice way, to give them the "cut it out, your kid in bothering me" smile. Nothing..... not a word, not a "Sorry, Excuse me.." nothing. I mean c'mon ppl. I have children, so I'm not being insensitive... I do not allow my children in someone elses personal space. I finally can't take it any longer. The kicks are becoming painful, so I tell Joe, in a nice loud voice, ala Utahmama "I'm TIRED of being KICKED by this kid, so I'm getting up and we can stand at the back of the theater." I give the lady and her kid the mean smile and get up. The show was really cute otherwise. Little EE refused to dance, but Minnie danced enough for both of them. Queue bubbles and we're outta there. We need a quick potty break, so girls to their corner, boys the their corner. Minnie and I exit, I guess before the boys, which is odd, right. So we go collect the strollers and we wait for Joe and EE. No Joe and EE... we wait and wait. I try Joe's cell, no answer. I call again... again... again... no answer. Ok, has Joe's brain been taken over by Wandering Waldo? I'm getting really pissy now... is it ok to say pissy? Sorry, if it's not. Anyway, Joe finally emerges from the building and says "Where were you?" WHAAAAAAAT? I don't want to freak out in public so I just give him the ol' and we move on to the GMR.
Surprise, surprise.... everyone is where they should be. What is this trip coming to? Waldo is following directions, I think I may be in heaven.
We enter the GMR and see the Naria coats. Minnie and Little EE love that movie... heck, I love that movie. We ooh and ahh over the coats and continue in the line. The line seems pretty short, but it's not moving... at all. We wait in this line for 20 minutes. Our longest wait yet... and for this??? We finally get on the ride and are really enjoying it. Until.... we enter Oz and the ride breaks down. I'm thankful that we didn't break down during the Alien scene! We're stuck for a good 15 minutes. It's close to 7 pm and we're all getting pretty hungry. We decide on the Studio Flatbread place and as soon as the ride ends, we head over. What do we find... it's closed! Closed!! Oh man... ok, we're the map. We decide to find the nearest eatery, which is the ABC Commissary. I haven't read good thing about this place, but my stomach is starting to eat itself. I order the Cuban Sandwich with the plantain chips. The sandwich was yummy, but the chips were gross. They left a nasty film in my mouth. With full tummys we decide we're done for the day, so we make our way over to the bus.

Of course not before a small shopping spree and a few pictures. I find my niece a cute sparkly WDW shirt, my other nephew a Pirates shirt, and I get myself a sparkly Mickey tee. I also buy a handful of blingy Mickey hairclips for $1 each! What a bargain. We finally make it to the bus stop and our bus arrives with in a few minutes and we are on our way to the Poly. I'm ready for another cocktail.
Coming up.... drama on the bus and Minnie's attitude catches up with her....
Old 09-30-2006, 12:27 AM   #100
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

I'm First on YOURS! You were first on MINE!!!!

OMGosh!!! I got a snarky cameo!!! YEA! You sounded just like me!
. That is such a good picture of you and your kids!

You all are soooo truly beautiful!

I always think it's a good plan to split up from time to time! To re-group later.

AND! We love Narnia too! I think that's what we'll be for Halloween! I'll be a plus-sized White Witch...cant wait!

I was surprised at how tiny the Lucy dress on display was (ok, it's at the Narnia attraction, I know!) She's just a little thing!

Those plantain/banana chips are good at first. Then they're weird.

Cant wait to read more, girlfriend!!!

Last edited by UtahMama; 09-30-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:47 AM   #101
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

LOVE the pic of you and the kidlets - beautiful!
Same thing happened to us last time we did PD, regarding other peoples' kids invading your space. I'm with you - I'm pretty tolerant until there's pain involved. Excellent use of snarkiness

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 09-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #102
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Does anyone else just feel the need to pinch little EEs cheeks - what a CUTIE!!!

DLM - I'm so glad to hear that Waldo has been following directions - hope he keeps it up.

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island
Old 09-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #103
S.Poppins
Mouseketeer
They spoke a strange language

I'm still trying to catch up on this TR. It has been great so far. You have beautiful kids!
Old 09-30-2006, 08:38 PM   #104
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama
I'm First on YOURS! You were first on MINE!!!!

OMGosh!!! I got a snarky cameo!!! YEA! You sounded just like me!
. That is such a good picture of you and your kids!

You all are soooo truly beautiful!

I always think it's a good plan to split up from time to time! To re-group later.

AND! We love Narnia too! I think that's what we'll be for Halloween! I'll be a plus-sized White Witch...cant wait!

I was surprised at how tiny the Lucy dress on display was (ok, it's at the Narnia attraction, I know!) She's just a little thing!

Those plantain/banana chips are good at first. Then they're weird.

Cant wait to read more, girlfriend!!!
Love that word "snarky"!
You're sooo sweet!

We somehow missed the Narnia attraction. Which really sucks cause Minnie so does love Narnia.

Ok, now stop with the "plus-size". Plus-sized, you are not. I prefer the term "curvalicious". That's how I describe myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
LOVE the pic of you and the kidlets - beautiful!
Same thing happened to us last time we did PD, regarding other peoples' kids invading your space. I'm with you - I'm pretty tolerant until there's pain involved. Excellent use of snarkiness
Thanks! I think that is my fav picture of the whole vacation. I'm always taking the photos, so it was nice to actually be in one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom
Does anyone else just feel the need to pinch little EEs cheeks - what a CUTIE!!!

DLM - I'm so glad to hear that Waldo has been following directions - hope he keeps it up.
Yup, EE is totally pinchable!
We're keeping Waldo on a short leash... but wait, he does cause some major issues on our next day....
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Poppins
I'm still trying to catch up on this TR. It has been great so far. You have beautiful kids!
Thank you, thank you!

Notice the multiple quotes??? Purty good, huh?
Old 09-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #105
Disneyland_Mama

Day 4: Part 4

So we're on the bus back to our resort. It's a pretty full bus, Nini and Minnie decide to sit in the back, where the temp. is not artic-like. We arrive at the Poly and everyone starts to get off. I'm getting my strollers together and I hear Minnie crying and whimpering. I see her sitting on the bench with Joe giving her a lecture. I don't get involved... it's something Joe and I do. We back eachother up infront of the kids when it comes to discipline. When Joe is done, I see Minnie get up and apologize to him and give him a hug. I casually walk over to Joe and ask him.. what's up? He states that Minnie shoved a smaller girl on the bus while we were getting off the bus and the little girl almost fell. So, I asked did that really require a full lecture or simply an apology to the little girl? He said, well, he apologized to the girl and her father and when he confronted Minnie, she gave him the "Yeah, yeah, dad, whatever, blah, blah, blah....." Well, that is not ok with Joe. So that's what required the lecture. Minnie is at that age, where she is being influence alot by school mates, cousins, friends, etc. Well, there are consequences to that behavior at home and on vacation.
We head back to our rooms with an understanding of meeting on the beach at 9:30 for the fireworks. It's around 8:55 and Nini and Waldo call to tell us they are going to the pool and will see us on the beach at 9:30. So I start to reorganize our backpack and get things ready for our next day, when all of a sudden, I hear the *boom, boom* of fireworks. We all look at eachother and run out of the room, barefoot and all and head for the beach. There's only 1 building between our longhouse and the beach, so we're there in record time. We watch the "feautiful pireworse" from the beach, all snuggled together. I'm loving the moment... I look at my family and how happy everyone is. I can still remember the smell of the air and their hair and how I was thinking these stinky heads need shampoo and that we only have 1 more day until it all ends, and then I think... I'm ready for my cocktail! I take the kids back to the room and Joe and Waldo head to the Tambu lounge for a round of cocktails. I get the little ones bathed and into bed. Joe shows up with a Spiced Lava Flow. Hello? That thing was strong! I think he was trying to get me drunk! We finish our drinks and hit the sack, no, not like that! We let Minnie decide where we would go tomorrow... Little Ones Magic Hour, again at MK, or Epcot.....

I think.....
I think Philharmagic is my favorite thing at MK. I think the salmon at CP is super good. I think DLR needs to revamp ToT. I think we needed to spend more time at MGM. I think my Minnie is growing up and getting mouthy. I think I'll cry when it's time to go home.

Where's Waldo count: 1
Where's Joe count: 1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: