Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #46
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Still hooked!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-POFQ; 2015-Windsor Hills; 2015-DLR; 2015-BWI
Old 09-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #47
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Teriffic installment! I'm really enjoying your comparisons to DLR. I've never even considered a trip to CA for DLR, figuring everything's the same and we live less than 2 hours from WDW. I think you're changing my mind! Seriously? The BL blasters DISCONNECT at DLR??? That would soo improve my score!

What's next... and where's Waldo?!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #48
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
Teriffic installment! I'm really enjoying your comparisons to DLR. I've never even considered a trip to CA for DLR, figuring everything's the same and we live less than 2 hours from WDW. I think you're changing my mind! Seriously? The BL blasters DISCONNECT at DLR??? That would soo improve my score!

What's next... and where's Waldo?!
Yup, the blasters DISCONNECT You should come! Leo would love it at DCA, they have Flicks Fair (Bug's Life). When you walk into Flicks Fair, everything is huge. It's like you're a little bug. Very cute. My kids love it.
I even volunteer to meet you there!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:03 PM   #49
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

I am sitting here at work, catching up on your TR! I Love it!!! Can't wait to "hear" more about it!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #50
Becky521
DIS Veteran

"Ohhhh... feutiful, pireworse" he says.

I think I am in love with little EE Your kids are absolutely beautiful.

We used to travel with a Waldo. Makes the trip interesting. Loving this TR.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #51
Disneyland_Mama

Props to the peeps!!:

Annamonte, Bushdianee, dean556, uhtimex, s.poppins, disneyobsession: Thank you, thank you!!

UM: Dontcha love toddler talk? It almost makes up for the tantrums. I can't figure out how *they* learn to throw tantrums??? I could just see EE and Nora together. He'd probably just stare at her. He loves blondes. He'd give her the "How you doin'?" Joey Tribbiani line.

Al&Kate Mom: I NEED a support group. Where do I sign up? Little EE has been to the ER 3 times. 2 times already this year, this was his first set of stitches. The other times were for really bad bumps on the noggin. I swear I'm going to put that kid in a bubble.

DebIreland: Thanks! Boys aren't easy. Girls are drama, but I'd take drama over the crazy active boys! His famous line is "Saw-we, mama" He just melts my heart!

Sabrina: I don't have the arm power for homemade tortillas. Besides, mine also looking like obscure countries. Where in LA are you?

Tommy&Tammy: He's got the chubbies all over. Chubby cheeks, chubby thighs, chubby knees. He gets his cheeks squeezed all the time from the little old ladies in the stores. I just want rub his legs with butah, and chew on 'em!!

Becky521: Thanks! Feutiful is a new word. He learned in WDW, 'cause I kept saying, "Oh, look at the beautiful.... castle... princess...pool...!" Now, everything is beautiful!

Will try to get a new installment up today. I'm redoing EE's room from a baby nursery to a big boy room. He chose the "Cars" theme. Thank goodness, that's easy! Gotta finish painting today!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! I want to thank everyone for reading!! Hope you enjoy reading about my crazy family! I know I do!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #52
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama
Props to the peeps!!:

Sabrina: I don't have the arm power for homemade tortillas. Besides, mine also looking like obscure countries. Where in LA are you?

Girl, I only do a dozen at a time and thats only every few months. Guerrero makes a pretty good tortilla that is raw you cook it on comal and they are pretty close to the real thing.

I live in Lynwood (near South Gate 710/105) and you?

Old 09-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #53
Disneyland_Mama

Girl, we're neighbors... I'm in Whittier. 605/105.
Oh yes, Guererro are the best. I used to live in OC and all they sell there is Mission.... ewww... those are frisbees.
I can't believe we are talking about tortillas!!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #54
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Girl, we're neighbors... I'm in Whittier. 605/105.
Oh yes, Guererro are the best. I used to live in OC and all they sell there is Mission.... ewww... those are frisbees.
I can't believe we are talking about tortillas!!

We are neighbors, cool!! I know where Whittier is, my old stomping grounds!!

So are you going to Mickey's Halloween Treat??

Old 09-27-2006, 11:02 AM   #55
Disneyland_Mama

Yes, we have tickets for 10/29.
Have you been before? We went when they had it at DLR like 10 yrs ago. and then we went again last year. It was so much fun!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #56
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we have tickets for 10/29.
Have you been before? We went when they had it at DLR like 10 yrs ago. and then we went again last year. It was so much fun!

No this will be our first time, we have tickets for the 31st. I havent even told the kids yet, they are going to be soo surprised to find out when they get up for school that day we are all playing hookey for the day. Now I just have to figure out where I will get them changed at.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #57
Disneyland_Mama

Princess Time - BBB and 1900 Park Fare

Day 3 Continued:

We part ways with Waldo and Nini as they take the sleeping EE to their room. Joe, Walt, Minnie and I jump on a bus to DTD. We hike over to World of Disney and find the BBB. We're about 40 mins early. Walt and Joe decide it's too pink in here for them, so they take off and stay in contact via cellphone. A woman infront of us has a small toddler who is checking in, but the little girl doesn't want to do it. The woman has to cancel the appointment. We score her appointment. The girl at the front desk checks us in and asks me Minnie shoe and dress size. They give us a brochure that shows all the different hairstyles available and tell us to walk around until our pager goes off. We look around the store which is Princess overkill. I feel like I'm in pink hell. Minnie on the other hand is in pink heaven. Our pager goes off and we are assigned Fairy Godmother in training, Ginny. Ginny is not at all what I expected. She is very matter of fact and sort of cold at first. I can tell she's trying really hard to be like the others, who are all "oooohy and ahhhhhy" over everything. FGM Ginny tells Minnie there is a surprise in the dressing room for her. Minnie and I head into the dressing room and there hanging is a white garment bag is her Princess Aurora gown complete with shoes, wand and crown. We dress and return to Ginny for Minnies makeover.

Poor Minnie is sooooo tired, she's having a hard time staying awake. She loves her hair brushed, so this is very relaxing to her. We're almost finished, so I call Joe to come over and see his princess. Joe arrives and we're waiting for Minnie to finish. Joe casually asks me "How much is this?" I whisper, "About $200, but it includes the dress, shoes, hair, nails, make-up, wand, and crown and a photo shoot."
Joe:
Me:
I tell him, "Just be quiet and let the girl enjoy her day." We're sitting there and a father brings his 3 little girls in. Joe looks at me and says "$200, $400, $600....." I tell him, aren't you glad you only have 1 girl?
Princess Minnie is done and we walk out of there with a smiling Princess. It was worth every cent. We head over to Guest Services in DTD where they do the photo shoot. I takes all of 10 minutes for posing and pictures printed.

We head over to the buses. I'm worried about Minnie is this dress in the heat. We stop and get her a bottle of water. There is a little girl walking infront of us with her family, who is dressed like Cinderella, just from BBB as well. The girls get lots of attention as we make our way to the buses. Thank goodness, the bus comes, pronto. We get on the bus and so does Cinderella and her family. Poor Cinderella is tired and throwing a fit on the bus, screaming and yelling and hitting her mom. Now, I may get flamed for this, BUT....Our kids are not perfect, but neither kid has ever been a screamer, yeller, or hitter. They know temper tantrums don't work with us. Especially with Joe. I feel so bad for parents when this happens. They look helpless and frustrated. Now Cinderella's mother starts yelling and screaming at this child in the middle of the bus. I'm not a child psycologist, but I don't that helps. The poor girl screams and cries herself to sleep, the child that is. Of course Minnie is all eyes and ears and asks me, "Why is she crying?" "Why is her Mama yelling?" I tell Minnie, "Cindy is tired." Minnie shrugs and puts her head of fake hair in my lap and falls asleep, too. We stop at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, I can't remember. Anyway, a family of 5 gets on. The husband looks annoyed. Half of them sit to the left of us and the other half sit across from us. The husband tells his wife, "We're neva gonna make it" With a Pittsburgh accent. She tells him, "Well, that's yor fawlt you had to ... blah, blah.. blah, blah... blah... It's not my problem... blah, blah, blah.......
I can't believe what I am witnessing. It's very uncomfortable to sit between people you don't even know, who are having a public argument. Very weird.
Weird people.
Anyway.....
We get back to room and Minnie doesn't want anyone to see her until we leave for dinner. We all wash the *glistening* off. (That was for you ET) And dress for dinner. We jump on the monorail and head over to the GF for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Oh my, that was a great buffet. I'm not a huge fan of buffets, Minnie is. Her favorite restaurant is Hometown Buffet We all sit to eat and after the first bite, Joe looks at me and says "This sure isn't Hometown Buffet!" We all We take lots of pics with Perla and Suzie. Little EE won't take a photo with character. He plays shy. We got him a few times with Prince Charming....

We leave 1900 PF, not before a quick photo with the REAL Fairy Godmother.

We head back to the hotel. We've nothing planned this evening, but maybe fireworks from the beach. We're back at the Poly and Minnie is getting alot of attention. She's having a hard time processing it, so I encourage her to at least say "Hi" back to people when they make a comment about her. We walk past a little girl maybe 3 yo and she says "Hi Sleeping Beauty" with such enthusiasm. Minnie giggles and says to me, "She called me Sleeping Beauty" Minnie says "Hi!" and the little girl yells back to her "I love you Sleeping Beauty!" and Minnie replys "I love you, too!" Oh my goodness, it was sooo sweet! After that encounter, Minnie had no problem throwing her Princess wave to all who said "Hi, Princess!"
We're not ready to go back to the room, so we do some shopping in the resort gift shops. I take some photos of the resort.

We all decide to do some night swimming, so we get our suits on and head to the pool, only to be told, the pool is closed due to high levels of electricity in the air. We head to the beach and score a hammock and decide to wait for the fireworks. Walt joins us on the beach. We're watching some serious lightening. Walt decides the lightening is too much, so he hightails it back to the room. I mean this 6'3" kid is running like a little girl for shelter. Joe and I are cracking up at the sight. We start to feel rain and see BIG lightening and head back to the room. Our room was a mess, so Joe and the kids watch the rain and lightening while I organize our room and prepare us for the MK tomorrow. I tell Joe, go down to the Tambu lounge and get me a cocktail. He take Walt with him and they bring me a yummy Mai Tai. We get the kids bathed and ready for bed, throw Chicken Little on the DVD player and we're off to sleep.

I think...
I think Little Ones Magic Hour is great.... I think Space Mountain is better at DLR.... I think Pukos Bill is yucky.... I think they Poly is really beautiful...I think I'm not even close to being ready to go home.

Where's Waldo Count: 2
Meltdowns: 2

Up next: Another day at MK, & CP and my $20 mistake & MGM
It's a great big beautiful tomorrow.......

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 09-27-2006 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Who are we talking about? - Chicken Little
Old 09-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #58
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Quote:
We walk past a little girl mayeb 3 yo and she says "Hi Sleeping Beauty" with such enthusiasm. Minnie giggles and says to me, "She called me Sleeping Beauty" Minnie says "Hi!" and the little girl yells back to her "I love you Sleeping Beauty!" and Minnie replys "I love you, too!" Oh my goodness, it was sooo sweet!
I LOVE this - what a great little princess you have - please tell her that she has a fan on the DIS!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-POFQ; 2015-Windsor Hills; 2015-DLR; 2015-BWI
Old 09-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #59
HMHunters
Extra credit to anyone with a picture of one of the Gibb brothers
Can it get any better than that?!

Quote:
Joe casually asks me "How much is this?" I whisper, "About $200, but it includes the dress, shoes, hair, nails, wand, and crown and a photo shoot."
Joe:
Me:
My DH would'nt have been He would have been Thankfully there was no BBB when my DH was little. We just had to do the $40 hair wrap. (Which I discovered could be done at home with $.07 worth of embroidery floss! I could have made a fortune off all the little girls in the neighborhood after I learned how to do this.)

But the pictures are BEAUTIFUL! She is definitely worth every penny. What a pretty pretty princess.

Can't wait to read more - Waldo was surprisingly quiet on this one!

WL Jan 2008 POFQ January 2007 Offsite Nov 2005 AKL Christmas 2004 POFQ Nov 2002 CR Christmas 2001 CR Christmas 1998 Offsite honeymoon May 1988
Completed WDW Full Marathon 2008 Completed WDW Half Marathon 2007
Old 09-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #60
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
I feel like I'm in pink hell.
But, oh boy, was it worth it - Minnie is ADORABLE!

Quote:
Of course Minnie is all eyes and ears and asks me, "Why is she crying?" "Why is her Mama yelling?" I tell Minnie, "Cindy is tired."
I always struggle with that one - how does one explain to a toddler the many different parenting "techniques" and why some kids get yelled at, ridiculed, belittled, and others don't? I think you and Minnie both handled it well!

Quote:
I tell Joe, go down to the Tambu lounge and get me a cocktail. He take Walt with him and they bring me a yummy Mai Tai.
I bet it hit the spot! Definitely one of the drawbacks when I traveled with DS solo. WDW should start a drinks room service program...

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: