Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #31
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

It's almost 3pm and this is my first chance to post on the dis. Last night was terrible. DS took a nasty fall right into the coffee table and gashed his eye open. Trip #2 to the ER this year for him. 4 stitches. He made daddy proud, and mama cry. One am DS is up with fever and vomiting. Does he have a concussion? Back to the ER, no concussion, he has an acute ear infection. This poor kiddo. Back from the ER and kiddo is resting comfortably with a dvd.

Shout outs first:

Daisy77: It wasn't meant to be a cliffhanger, but I just got to darn tired last night to finish Thanks for reading!

jonestavern: Sorry for leavin' ya hanging!

Fairy_tale_bride: Thank you, thank you! It helps that they're both hams! They love the camera.

UM: Oh me, oh my! Now I'm nervous... you are the queen of TR's I am humbled that you are enjoying my TR. I'm not worthy!!

ET: Whatever you wanna call it, sister. All I know is my underwear was sticking to my buns!

New installment today....

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 09-23-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #32
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

Ouch! If it isn't one thing it's another when you've got kids. We just basically stuck our coffee table in storage until they turned 3-4 years old. Too many bumps and my coffe table has rounded edges. They still manage to do damage!

Hope your son is feeling better soon and you manage to get some sleep.
In memory of my late husband: (1957-2008)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #33
Disneyland_Mama

Day 2 Continued: Who's pickin' a fight with Waldo??

Minnie and I rush back to Joe and company to find out what is going on. Joe and Waldo are laughing. What the....?? What's going on?? I come to find out a highly inebriated young Aussie tries to pick a fight with Waldo, a 71 year old man! I guess Joe and company were "saving" our spot along the lake thingy for IRE, oh and we happened to score a table, too. Well this guy and his family just horn in on our table. Waldo politely tells this man, "We're saving this spot for our family." Only to be told by Mr. Drunk Aussie, "You can't save spots." So now Waldo gets all Mr. T on Aussie man and yells at him, "Hey fool, I told you, I'm saving this spot." So drunk Aussie, get up in the old mans face and Joe to the rescue. Joe gets ghetto on Aussie man and starts laying into Aussie man about his manners and to respect the old man. Now a secret about Joe; he looks really mean, he has a dark goatee and wears sunglasses, all the time. But I know he is just a big 'ol softy. Joe tells me a refuses to swear in WDW.... how funny, huh? Well, Aussie man senses Joes ghetto quality and moves on.... not without giving Waldo and Joe the bird. I ask Joe, why did you make me rush over here when I was enjoying my shopping spree. Oh, he says, I just wanted to tell you what just happened while my adrenalin is still pumping. What a goof ball! We all regroup for Illuminations. The first bursts of fireworks, Little EE wakes from his slumber. "Ohhhh... feutiful, pireworse" he says. Yes, EE, beautiful fireworks. What a beautiful story/show. The show ends and our cheeks are hurting from smiling so much. What a great way to end our day. We head back to the Monorail and back to the resort. While were on the monorail, I show Little EE my purchase for him. He takes it looks at it, gives it back and says. "No, want Ronorail." ARGHHHHHH!! Ok, let's stop in the gift shop and we find a dye cast Monorail for him. He's happy. Back to the room for baths and bed time. What a great day!

I think.... AK is too hot. I think sweaty underwear is gross. I think I still love Epcot. I think Le Chefs, sucks, except for the dessert. I think the CM in WDW are nicer than DLR. I think Germany needs to sell toy trains. I think Aussie guy shouldn't drink I think I need to actually meet a disser, soon.

Where's Waldo count for Day 2: 3
Waldo: 0
Me: 1

Next up: LOMH at MK and Minnies afternoon @ BBB. And I finally actually get to speak to a fellow Limey!

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 09-24-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #34
annamonte
Tired of the old tags!

I am totally enjoying your TR!!!!

Keep it coming!
10/03 - Wilderness Lodge / 10/04 - Contemporary Tower Club / 2/06 - Polynesian / 11/06 - Wilderness Lodge Concierge / 2/07 - Port Orleans-French Quarter / 10/07 - Boardwalk Villas / 5/08 - Pop Century / 10/08 - Port Orleans-French Quarter / 11/09 - Beach Club Villas / 2/13 - Boardwalk Villas / 11/14 - Port Orleans-French Quarter
Old 09-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #35
bushdianee
I had a water fun day planned
I tend to buy way too many t-shirts when I visit WDW

This report is great! I'm subbing!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #36
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

I speak "toddler"!!! Thanks for letting us "hear" EE's cute voice!

I would have LOVED the confrontation with the drunk Aussie. THAT would have been funny! Overweight white-bread mama from Downey California going all ghetto! I love the 2 times in my life I gotta get in someones's face!

I love BOYS! Give them something with wheels and they're happy. Doesn't work with girls. They require expensive pink bribes! OR, mama-daughter time at BBB! Cant WAIT!
Old 09-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #37
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

Okay, UM - we apparently have a new addition to our "needs-to-be-exorcised 2 year old" support group.

DLM - Loving your TR - thanks for sharing!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-AsMo; 2015-TBD
Old 09-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #38
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama
Oh my God, my little Monchhichi!! I had one of those when I was young, LOVED it to bits, brought it everywhere. It broke my heart when his fur ripped and the beans started coming out. I remember trying to stitch it time and time again but it just kept losing weight until it was skin and bone, well you know, padding-less. I was so sad. I had no idea they sold them in WS. Thank you!! I'm gonna get myself one - a cousin of my dearly departed one! I mean, would ya just look at the guy on the right sucking his thumb - you just don't get cuter than that.

Quote:
DS took a nasty fall right into the coffee table and gashed his eye open. Trip #2 to the ER this year for him. 4 stitches. He made daddy proud, and mama cry. One am DS is up with fever and vomiting. Does he have a concussion? Back to the ER, no concussion, he has an acute ear infection. This poor kiddo. Back from the ER and kiddo is resting comfortably with a dvd.
Oh no. Poor little guy. I hope he'll feel all better soon. What a horrible ordeal for all of you.

Grieving Angry Widow
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #39
dean556
Can't wait to get back

great trip report loving it

Old 09-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #40
uhtimex
DIS Veteran

this is great I'll be back for more

Read my Trip report here
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1286604
Be your own Boss
sandiamos.com
1st trip June 2004, POP 2006/07
Old 09-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #41
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sabrina- The kids did quite well with the time change. We let them have 6 hours of sleep on travel day and EE slept 3 hours on the plane. They went to sleep around 10:30 on the first night. From that point on, they were acclimated to the new time zone. Now that we're home, they're all messed up. EE is down at 7:00pm and up at 5:30am. Minnie is back on regular time.

I guess I will have to try that this next trip. My kids had a terrible time adjusting to the time, but then again they stayed up until their normal bedtime 9 pacific time, 12 Orlando time, the bad part was they wouldn't get up until 9-9:30, we ended up having to miss or reschedule most of our breakfast adrs.

Re: Tortillas, yummmm girl there's nothin like the taste and smell of fresh tortillas. I make some every now and then, I finally got the masa recipe down, if only my tortillas would come out in circles and not shapes of countries.

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #42
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebIreland
Oh my God, my little Monchhichi!! I had one of those when I was young, LOVED it to bits, brought it everywhere. It broke my heart when his fur ripped and the beans started coming out. I remember trying to stitch it time and time again but it just kept losing weight until it was skin and bone, well you know, padding-less. I was so sad. I had no idea they sold them in WS. Thank you!! I'm gonna get myself one - a cousin of my dearly departed one! I mean, would ya just look at the guy on the right sucking his thumb - you just don't get cuter than that.
I know! The one sucking his thumb is the one I was playing with and singing the song, until Joe made me put it down. I should have bought one just to spite him!!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #43
Disneyland_Mama

Day 3 - MK Little Ones Magic Hour

We decide to do LOEMH, inspite of TGM's advice. Nini and Waldo are broken. Their legs are hurtin', their dogs are barkin'. We leave them behind and Joe, Walt and I take on MK with the kidlets.
Side Note: The following segment is just the opinion of the author. It is not meant to insult, offend or upset anyone. We are DLR AP and we do compare *our* DLR to MK in this installment.
Joe, Walt and I are up early and we stop at the Kona Koffee Bar for our fix and some breakie. Coffee and danish all around... whoo hoo. Breakfast of champions. We jump on the Monorail in record time and arrive at the gates at 7:40ish. We find a line with only 1 couple, a mama, daddy, and 1 kidlet, I think only 1. We're standing there for about 10 minutes and the mama turns around and tells me "Well, your just full of lime, aren't ya?" What, what, what??? I look at her stroller and see a LGMHPC hanging from her stroller. Now I have 2 LGMHPC's tied with lime green ribbon on each stroller. A foam MH on my lanyard, a LGMHPC on Joe's backpack, a LGMHPC on my bag. I am lime overkill. Sweet mother of Jesus! I have found one of my peeps! We start chatting about the LOEMH (little ones extra magic hour) and such. I give her my "Disness" card so she can find me on the boards. They open the turnstyles and away we go. I didn't get her dis name... darn it. Hopefully she finds me..... "Hi dis-er from MK!!!"
We hoof it down Main Street. Wait, wait... I see the castle... oh my... how beautiful.

Nice crane!
Wait a second, that castle makes *our* castle look like a Hamster house. Not cool. Joe tells me to "Move it" meaning, let's get over to Fantasyland. What the....?? We approach FL only to find a rope and see alot of characters playing around in an empty Fantasyland.

The characters make it over to the rope and we count down FL opening. Whoo hoo! We're off!! TGM says hit Dumbo NOW! We park the strollers and Joe and Walt take the kids on the ride while I take photos.

Next, we hit up Peter Pan. Hello... no wait! DLR always has a crazy wait. I'm talking 40 mins, no matter what time of the day it is. We never ride it at DLR. DLR seriously needs to get FP for Peter Pan. After this we see Peter and Wendy playing tag with a group of kids. I ask Minnie, "Do you want to play?" "Nah, she says let's hit some rides." Attagirl!! We walk over to Pooh, again no wait. Now I like the setting for the Pooh ride in DLR... it's set in the woods. But I like the ride part at MK.

After Pooh, we headed over to IASW. Now IASW is WAY better at DLR. The building at DLR is so much prettier. The rides are totally different. I like the ride better at MK, Joe and Walt like DLR. After having that song pounded into my head Minnie decide to hit the Teacups, but first a quick photo of Minnie with Minnie.

We grab our strollers and head that way. Little is EE has been possessed by the terrible 2's and refuses to leave his stroller. He normally loves this ride, but he's holding out for Waldo, his best friend to arrive and ride on rides with him. Okey dokey, kiddo.
After our spin around in the teacups, we receive a call from Nini and Waldo, they are in the park and we set up to meet at Space Mountain. We walk on over to SM and wait and wait and wait for Waldo and his lovely bride of 50 years to arrive. Do you sense a pattern here?? We grab some cokes and send Walt over to get FP's for SM. Waldo and Nini arrive and they want to take the kids on the People mover. We sure miss this ride at DLR. I don't know why they had to change it to the Rocket Rods. Now, don't get me wrong, the RR's were really cool, WHEN THEY WORKED!! That ride was always down. Now the track just sits there... empty. Walt scores us some FP's and we hit decide to go Standby first. We literally walk ALL the way down to the ride and board. Ok, this looks different. We're open minded. We jump on and away we go. I'm sorry, but this ride SUCKS compared to DLR. They should just tear it out and start again. DLR has real seats like BTMRR and music that is piped into the headrest to enhance your ride. We got off the ride and we all gave eachother the look and started laughing. We tossed our FP in the trash and went to find Nini and Waldo. We waited for Nini & Waldo and told them about SM, they decided to pass. Next we rode Buzz. We liked the queue for BL in MK.

But the blasters in DLR come off the cars and it's much easier to shoot with. Toward the end of the ride it broke down for 5 mins and we were stuck! Little EE wants off!! Now!! Just great. We finally make it off and head for.... Stitch. Minnie wants to ride it next. Now I've read all I can read about how terrible this ride is. And now I believe it. That ride was so obnoxious. But Minnie loved it! She was laughing out loud with her silly 4 yo laugh. It was cute Waldo and Nini want to take the kids on the Indy cars. So I send Joe over to take photos of them on the ride. Needless to say, Waldo didn't hear Joe yelling at him to stop for the photo op. Oh, well. Time for me to hit the shops. I find my brothers dog a cutie little princess cone hat thing with ears, a mug for bro, a Tink shirt for Minnie and a hat for Little EE. I find Walt who is talking to a CM who used to live in Lake Forest, which is where I used to work. I find some other things and purchase them and send them off to the resort. The CM ringing me up asks about my 50th Anninversary DLR lanyard and I tell him we are from California. He asks what city. Turns out his mother lives about a mile from us. What a small world.
We want to hit the other side of the park, so we decide to jump on the train in Toontown. I remind Minnie of the Barnstormer from the vacation planning video and how she was dying to ride. Well, she has a change of heart, but Little EE wants to ride. We measure him up and whoo hoo!! He makes it. I ride with EE and Walt rides with Nini. EE loved it! He was yelling and laughing, it was a great memory for me.

We made a quick stop at the boat for some water fun.

We get off in Frontierland and the others jump on Splash. I'm not in the mood, so I stay with the kids. Waldo decided to stay with me. We're waiting for the others when all of a sudden, Waldo disappears. Great, he leaves me with 2 strollers and 2 kids. I wanted to take a pic of them coming down the waterfall, so I manuever 2 strollers up and around the little hill. Tah da! There's Waldo sitting down watching everyone go down. Thanks alot, Waldo. I get out the camera and prep for the shot. Waldo tells me he just saw them on the top. So I figure I've got a minute. I point and am ready to shoot. I'm standing there, waiting.... waiting.... waiting... "Oh," Waldo says "I think we missed them." I turn around to look at Waldo. And there they go. I totally missed the shot. Thanks, again, Waldo. I call Joe and tell him, we're frying out here, we're going into Pecos to get some lunch, meet us there. I grab a couple tables and have Waldo sit while I get the kids some lunch. By the time I get back, the others are there and we're getting orders together. I order the BBQ pork sandwich and a coke. I'm feeding the kids and here comes my lunch. Ewwww... it looks like road kill. I pick at it.. there's too much meat and too much bread... gross. I drink the coke and eat the yummy Peanut Butter cup dessert. Next stop... POTC. I know I am going to get flamed... but I don't find Johnny Depp sexy in the least. I love his CJS character, but I find him kind of goofy. And Orlando Bloom, well, he just seems more cute, than sexy. I dunno. Anyway, we're heading toward POTC when Little EE tells me "Uh, oh, mama." Oh no... he opened his sippy cup and spilled all his milk all over him. He's going to smell like sour cream in a few minutes in this heat. Joe takes him into the bathroom and cleans him up while I head into the nearest store for a new $25 t-shirt. Ok, everything is good. We ride POTC, but it seems our of order compared to DLR. Weird. We decide we've melted enough for today and start to head toward Main Street, when who do we run into....

He was very convincing as CJS. We leave Nini and Waldo with CJS and we head over to the Aladdin carpets. Joe and Minnie ride while EE and I enjoy the Tiki water sprayers. We head out walking completely through the gift shops on Main St. Ahhhhh!!! Air conditioning!!! Since Minnie has an appointment at 2:10 pm at the BBB, we decide we should part ways in the Poly lobby with Nini and Waldo taking Little EE back to the room. Walt, Joe and I take Minnie to catch a DTD bus.

Sorry this is a long one! Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 09-26-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:50 PM   #44
S.Poppins
Mouseketeer
They spoke a strange language

Subbing. What I have read so far is great! I will be looking for the Monchichis when we go - I loved mine and could sing every bit of the song. I promised myself I would not stay up till midnight tonight, so I will catch up tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 AM   #45
tammyandtommy
Just call me Duckie!

thanks for the update! Can I just say I want to pinch your sons cute little monchichi cheeks!
ds irate:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: