Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #151
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom

I had some really good things to say, but I realized they belonged on the "offended" thread and not here.
Is there really an offended thread??

Old 10-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #152
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama
At least there are tons or great trippies our there whose writers are truely slackers. I won't say their names, but you know you they are....
HEY, I resemble that comment!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #153
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom

I had some really good things to say, but I realized they belonged on the "offended" thread and not here.

I'm not brown, but I do look like I'm about 12 years old, so when DD would call me "mommy" at WDW I got the UGLIEST stares...it amazes me how judgmental and rude some people can be!

I'm sad that this is almost over...I have TRULY enjoyed reading your trippie!
I love the "offended" thread. It's my new favorite. I love Tigger&Belle, she is utmost offending. I think that's her name.

Ohhh. I know that look. My DNeph, Walt, is 16 yrs younger than me, so when he was a baby, I got alot of those stares.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #154
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
HEY, I resemble that comment!

Now, I didn't point any fingers... but... well if the glass slipper fits....wear it, girl!
Old 10-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #155
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina90744
Is there really an offended thread??
Oh, yes. And it's sooooo funny. You must visit it. If you lurk, they'll call you out, so be prepared to post.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #156
Disneyland_Mama

Day 6: Our last day

Today is our last day in WDW. Joe and I are up at 6 am. We have to get our luggage and boarding passes by 7:30 am if we don't want to deal with it at MCO. Our flight leaves @ 1:30 and ME is picking us up at 10:45 am. This basically leaves us no time for a final park or anything... except, O'hana with Lilo & Stitch. Joe, Waldo and I take care of the luggage and get the boarding passes from the front desk. We go back to the room and get the kids ready for our 8am ADR. We're about to head out the door and Minnie is crying. She won't put on her shoes. I ask why and she says her sandals hurt. I check her feet and see she has blisters that have popped and are all raw on the back of her left heel. Poor little thing! She never once complained about her feet all week! Well, we had already packed up all the other shoes and we had nothing to put on her feet.
I remembered the gift shop had some really cute Tink flip-flops. Perfect for blistered feet! We head to the main longhouse to O'hana and I tell the others that I will run downstairs, pick up the flip-flops and meet them at the table. Well, the gift shop doesn't open until 9 am. I tell Minnie to wing it and go barefoot to breakfast. Oh well!
We sit and our server takes our drink order and then whoa! Here comes platter after platter of food. Sticky buns and cinnamon rolls and fruit. Next comes the main platter, eggs, bacon, Portuguese sausage, potato wedges, Mickey Mouse waffles, french toast, and biscuits. Everything was very good and hot, except for the eggs. What's with the weird eggs. I think they were those dehydrated eggs that they use in the Las Vegas buffets. They're gross and runny and just not right. The characters started coming out and Minnie was having a great time. She wouldn't get out of her chair because she was embarrassed of her bare feet. I noticed the characters were very interactive. Maybe because is wasn't very crowded?

Pluto was being silly and covering Joe's head with his napkin. Minnie was just cracking up at this. Little EE wouldn't have anything to do with them. Whenever a character came over, he'd put his head down and not make eye contact.

We manage to get EE in a few shots with the characters. And just look who's finally cracking a smile... yup, WALDO! He's only smiling 'cause he knows we're going home today.

They start passing out maracas to kids so they can participate in the parade around the restaurant. Of course, Minnie forgets all about her bare feet and jumps up to join before we can stop her. I hope no one noticed the little brown child with no shoes!

Can you see her barefeet?
We had to pay OOP since we had used up all out TS credits. I think it was around $120 for all 7 of us.
We left O'hana feeling sad... knowing our time at this magical place was coming to an end. Back to the *real* world... back to work... HAHA! Not me!!
We headed over to the smaller gift shop and redeemed our free pin coupon our TA gave me. I also purchase a few pins for Minnie and EE. I tried to talk Joe into heading over to the MK for a stroll along Main Street or a ride or two, since we had 2 hours before our ME time. We was being a fuddy duddy and didn't want to go. Fine! We will have about 5 snack credits and 3 table service credits to use. I go into Samoa snacks and buy 5 Mickey Head rice krispy snacks. We'll give'm to the nephews.
Minnie reminds me that she is still barefoot, so we go downstairs to the main gift shop and buy the Tink flip-flops. They're $12! $12! Ok, I'm not poor, but I am cheap. I had a hard time buying those little suckers, when I bought Minnie 2 pair for $6 at the Disney Store this summer! Oh, well... whatta gonna do?
I send Joe and EE back to the room to relax and Minnie and I head over to the Taragonga Terrace to finish off those CS credits. I buy a bunch of crap... more rice crispies, chips, fruit, candy, milk, for the flight home. I walk out of there with 2 huge bags. But, I leave with 0 snack credits, 0 TS credits, and 0 CS credits. What good customers we are!
It's close to ME time, so we head out and take some photos around the hotel.

It's really beautiful here. I really loved staying at the Poly. We've been to Hawaii many times and sometimes I'd forget we're in WDW, not Hawaii. That's how good the theming is there.
We head outside and wait a few minutes for the ME. It shows up and we all climb on the bus. We sit up front near the driver and he puts the farewell tape on. He starts telling us about the lovebugs and how they're some kind of mutant, man made, buggy mistake. I guess they're immune to any kind pesticide and there's literally nothing they can do about them. They're gross. We're driving through huge swarms of them and they are splattering on the windsheild. The whole front of the bus is covered with they're little carcasses. Note to self: Never sit in the front row of the ME bus.
We arrive at the airport and make our way to the shopping mall! In an airport? Cool! We have a few hours before our flight, so I hit the stores. I love the CROC store! Surprisingly, they're out of Minnies size in pink or lavendar, so we pass on the CROCS. I can order them from zappos, if I want. Of course we peruse the Disney Store and the Dr. Seuss store. I wanted to get Minnie and EE the Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts, but Joe says nah! So, I drop the idea. Whatever, Joe, you stick in the mud!
We get in the security line, with 2 strollers, 2 toddlers, 2 backpacks, 1 purse and 1 carryon, when Minnie decides she has "to go"! Little EE is now fast asleep in his stroller, so 1 parent cannot manage all this and carry a sleeping baby. So, we pass Minnie to Walt, since Walt has only 1 small backpack. Walt takes her and they make it thru security lickety split and to the nearest restroom, which is a tram ride away!

Up next... Where's Waldo in MCO? And... Don't make the flight attendant mad!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #157
tammyandtommy
Just call me Duckie!

oh no the end is coming
ds irate:
Old 10-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #158
PrincessV

Minnie's new shoes reminds me of the Hat Incident of 2003. It was a cold Dec. day when my mother took DS for a diaper change and managed to lose his winter hat along the way. DS was fighting an ear infection and the cold wind whipping off the DTD lake was not making him happy, so I was forced to buy a $25 toddler hat at World of Disney. It's a good thing that sucker still fits, that's all I'm sayin'.

*sigh* For your sanity, I'm glad the WDW portion of your trip didn't end with a Where's Waldo episode, though it rather sounds like he'll fit in one more before you get home....

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 10-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #159
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Enjoying reading ~ Thanx for sharing.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #160
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Up next... Where's Waldo in MCO? And... Don't make the flight attendant mad!!!
OK...you've managed to keep finding Waldo throughout the trip...only to "lose" him in the airport?!?

Do tell! Do tell!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #161
Disneyland_Mama

Our flight home & the end.

Last I left off, Walt was hustling Minnie to the restroom.
Well, once you leave the security area, you have to jump on the tram thing to make it to the gates and of course, that's were the restrooms are located. As soon as the rest of us are through security, we jump on the next tram to make sure Minnie made it ok. Joe goes into the restroom and finds a smiling Minnie washing her hands. "I made it, Daddy!", she tells him.
It's close to 12pm and although we had a rather large breakfast at O'hana, we decide to eat a small(ish) lunch at Burger King. Oh yum-o! I'm not a fan of the King. Their food is questionable, albeit, not as questionable at Mickey D's. What up with the meat patties? They often have a grayish/brown tone. Little EE is still asleep. Sorry, EE, no lunch for you. I grab him some applesauce and chicken strips, in case he gets hungry on the plane.
We finish up said small(ish) lunch and start to head for our gate, which should be boarding in 30 mins or so. We're all taking the short walk to the seating area and we find an empty isle and sit. We're all hear, except Waldo. Ok, we must have walked maybe 800 ft. and now he's missing, AGAIN! I send out the search party. We don't really have time to mess around with this. Joe goes back to Burger King and Walt hits all the restrooms. Still, no Waldo. They get back on the tram to see if he went back to the shopping area. Joe and Walt don't have their boarding passes, so they don't want to go too far back. They turn around and head back to the command post. Still, no Waldo insight. Ok, I'm thinking, I'm tired, I'm getting on the plane and if Waldo misses his plane, oh well. I wait for no one! Our planes starts boarding.... group 1.... group 2.... Now, we're group 6, so we have a few minutes until they call us. Group 3... group 4.... group 5.... We all get up and start walking over to the line, knowing we are next and whattya know.... THERE'S WALDO. He was standing over by the line the whole time!!! GRRRRRR!!!! Oh, he says, I thought you saw me walk over here. Thank heavens this trip is over!
We board the plane and Little EE wakes up. Oh no! Where's the cough syrup? I must medicate the kid..... C'mere little EE, time for some yummy, happy medicine. Yeah, I medicated him. Don't flame me, it's only for the sanity of my fellow passengers! BTW, it fails to work.... he stays awake the whole flight.... minus the last 30 mins!
We walk onto the plane and ewwwww! This plane is stinky and dirty. It seems they did not have enough time to clean it. Our seats are full of potato chip crumbs and the seat backs have trash. Where are our beautiful little bundles of blankets and pillows, like the flight to MCO? Of course, I decided not to bring the kids they're blankets, 'cause I figured, they could just use the plane blankets. Sorry, the flight attendants say, we're out of blankets and pillows. What??? Just great! I'm sure 1st class got blankets AND pillows.
We're sitting 6 of us across and Walt is sitting in the row infront of us in the window seat. Next to him is a British girl with her mother and across from them is a single woman and the British womans 2 other children, boys.
We're told to hurry up and get settled, our flight is late taking off. We leave about 10 minutes late and are up in the great blue sky, uneventfully, thank goodness!
They start the beverage service and this is when someone pisses off the flight attendant. NO.... it wasn't Waldo, but very entertaining! The British woman (further known as BW) asks the flight attendant (FA) to take her trash, that she brought on the plane with her. Hello??? Lady why didn't you dump it before you boarded? The FA tells her, she is serving right now and will come back later for trash. Well, the BW gets irate with the poor FA and starts telling her to "TAKE THE TRASH!" The FA says, "I cannot put trash on a cart that I am serving from." The BW tells the FA not to speak to her with that tone and so on and so forth.... I was great. It finally ends, when the FA takes the trash, and passes it over the cart, to the other FA and says "TRASH!" I loved that FA for keeping her cool and even smiling the "mean smile" ala Utahmama at the BW and the FA even apologized! She is good people, the FA, that is.
After that episode, I should have known this family was going to be trouble. The little girl starts turning around and peeking at Minnie through the sides of the seat and they start playing, which is fine with me. Minnie goes to the other side of the plane, with Waldo and Nini and EE comes to sit with Joe and I. Well, the little girl follows Minnie to the other side and now the 3 British kids are sitting in 2 seats next to the single woman. All three are playing with Minnie, throwing their hats over to her and she's handing them back. Now these kids are probably 7-10 yo. I tell Minne to stop, because they are making a lot of noise. She gives me the " , it's not me" look. So, I say in a nice loud voice, "Play more quietly, please!" Well, the mother infront of me is just sitting there. She's probably comatose from having to deal with these kids, alone, for who knows how many days.
They continue this play until it happens. One of the little boys, reaches between the seats and grabs at Minnie's face a gives her a huge pinch on her cheek. I don't know if this was done in a playful way, or what. All I know is Minnie is in tears, her cheek is red and I am furious. I tell Minnie to come sit over with Joe, EE and me. She comes and Joe asks her what happened. She told him the older boy pinched her cheek. Now, Joe is furious. He says in a loud voice, "Don't play with those kids, they need to learn to keep their hands to themselves!" Now, I know the mother heard him, because the kids heard him all the way across the plane. We didn't hear another peep from those kids all the way to California. I guess the mother was thankful someone finally disciplined her kids, cause we didn't hear another peep from the mother either.
We finally land in LA and although we miss WDW, it's always good to be home. Joe calls our limo drive to let him know we've landed and we'd meet him outside of baggage claim. We grab our bags and wait for the limo. Up pulls a black limo. It looks like it just came out of the 80's. It's soooo old school! Joe and I start to laugh. We all jump in and it IS from the 80's. The inside is decked out with neon lights and a sparkly star roof AND there's a big cooler in the middle of the floor, so we all have to put our legs around it to sit. It looks like the limo we took to my prom 16 years ago! The funny has worn off and now I'm a bit piturbed. I didn't pay for a limo from yester-year. Whatever, I'm just too tired to make a big deal out of it. We head home in rush-hour traffic.
On the way home, Walt is on the phone with his friends making plans for later in the evening. It's funny, because this kid who wanted to spend all his waking time with us, now cannot wait to get away from us and with his friends. But, I'm the cool Aunt, remember. I the one who took you to your first concert to see "Garbage" and who took you to see "Blink 182" even though I had the hives! Huh, huh, huh? I guess having kids has taken me from cool to just ordinary. Oh well, I'm ok with it, I guess.
We arrive home and put all the luggage upstairs for sorting, etc. I sit on my own bed, in my own room and feel like the dream came and went so quickly. I knew this was going to happen. It's just like a wedding... you spend months and months planning and it's over before you know it.
I had the best time with my crazy, wandering, dramatic family. And yes, I'd do it all over again, for the love of Disney!

Up next, final thoughts..... and what happended to *our* castle!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #162
PrincessV

Quote:
I sit on my own bed, in my own room
My favorite part of every trip! Oh, I'm home, I'm home, I'm home!!!!

I'm glad you found Waldo before the plane took off. Isn't it just like the real Where's Waldo to find him right "in front" of you?!

I'm sad this trip is over, but so gald for you that you all had such a good time in my neck of the woods!

I run Disney!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #163
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Thought of you today DisneyLand Mama, as we were searching for our own "Waldo" who wandered off at my kids college. As we were all in the Campus Center we saw him go by the front window and a little while later he was walking in the back door! My DH, DS, DD & her BF were all running around the center & outside looking for him. They came back with no sighting as I said, "Guess we're going to play Where's Waldo!" My DS said, "Isn't it Where's Walter?" I really like the Waldo reference better and thought of you & reading the rest of your TR!

My Dad now has a new nickname, "Waldo"! Thanks for sharing it!
Old 10-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #164
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Loving every bit of your trip report. I don't know how you look so unstuck in all the steamy heat.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #165
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Yay!!! Another cameo! I'm still laughing about BW and the FA! That part rocked. Well the whole thing did! I love the fact you had to buy $12 flip flops! Last year I had to buy Huggies "on site" $$$$$ because I left a new pack at home!

I love how EE doesn't make eye-contact with the characters! My boys did that...peeking out of the corner of their eye to see if they're gone yet!

Ok, Waldo makes me nuts! Poor old fart! Poor YOU!!!

You've done a fabulous job on your TR...I'm sad it's over! Tell your DH you gotta go again so you can write more! Ya, that'll WORK!!!

On my to-do list (before I die) I want to stay at the POLY!!!!! It looks amazing!

I love your little barefoot brown daughter!

I'm gonna miss this!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: