Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

Wink ET's Pre trip and Trip report. TR pg 6 #87. New 10/14 THE END on pg 19 #271

A pre-trip report….hmmm. I just think this is premature, no telling what kind of trouble I’m likely to get into. I won’t be able to compete with TwinkieMama, Glendamax, or UtahMama. And, unlike Utahmama, I don’t go looking for conflict because it usually finds me! There are some sad parts in this story, so don’t read it if you are easily depressed. And just remember, don't do it like me. Just think of me as the sacrificial lamb helping you to learn what not to do!

Pretrip

Even though we don’t leave for our trip until the 6th of September, I was packed two months ago. Of course I had to unpack and repack because of airport alerts. Totally wrecking what I was going to take and how I packed. And guess what. That Disney Princess toothpaste that was going to be a surprise for my girls--it had to be packed underneath and now I have visions of gooey slimed clothes upon arrival. And, even though I packed it in a ziplock, with my luck, the ziplock will open and spew the contents all over everything. Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh yuck! And being from the south, I plan on wearing makeup in the park. Because it's not a pretty picture if I don't. I will be a month early for Halloween. If my makeup doesn’t make it, no trip pictures! Yes, that’s what I said. Well, I guess I can still get pics of the girls cause that’s probably who everyone wants to see anyway. I mean really-- I’d rather see fresh young faces than an old middle aged pooh sized woman. But come to think of it-- it’s their fault that I look like this! All the stress......

I didn’t pack this much on our last trip and we were going out of the country. Humorously, we were accused of NOT being Americans on our last trip because we only took one backpack per person. “No way you are Americans, you don’t have enough luggage!” Well I am making up for it on this trip. We have stuffed animals, glow sticks, tiaras, costumes, wands, coloring books, and lots and lots of lime green things. I’m going to need a forklift to carry it all. This goes against my pack light philosophy, so it really hurts to contemplate it. This trip is for my kids mainly but I of course am just about as excited. Truth be know, I may be more excited than them, but don’t tell anyone.

We visited Paris Disneyland last year and it was more like our Six Flags here. No, we are not richie rich as some people have said, our trip was more like Beverly Hillbillies do Europe. Imagine a husband who looks like a terrorist but works for the government. I can see the wheels turning on this one. My husband purposely doesn’t shave since he is another one of those people just looking for conflict. So he goes to the airport looking like someone really scary. And even though he’s really just a big old teddy bear, you couldn’t tell it by looking at him. I though, am starting to get suspicious because I think he’s truly beginning to enjoy the pat downs at the airport!

My dh. He looks nice WHEN he shaves.

Now add to this motley crew a woman with a schedule yelling, “Come on, speed it up we have to make this train or we’re going to miss all the chocolate shops.” Then add in an older woman who looks like a very reserved nanny, my mom, being rushed by me and dragged along by 3 kids. Only to board the WRONG train. You have now seen us doing Europe.

That being said, I will say the people we met at Disney Paris were great. I got to meet a lot of nice people while standing in line waiting to stand in line. Yes, that last sentence is correct. They are so funny and formal. You stand in line to wait to be able to stand in line. As one sweet British lady in front of me said, “You queue to queue. Hey she had a great accent! Disneyland Paris was our concession to the kids when we decided we wanted to see Europe. It was the last thing we did before flying home and the kids loved it. Okay back to this trip.

Pictures from Disneyland Paris

The last pictures are of the Hard Rock Cafe at DTD in Paris, the cornfield at the bus stop right outside the Park, and us.
In memory of my late husband: (1957-2008)

Last edited by Eeyore's Tiara; 10-14-2006 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 08-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I bet you have a great time, plus you are going on my favorite day of the year, my birthday. I heard crowds are real slow the week after Labor Day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

Happy pre birthday to you! We are celebrating bdays in Disney, so we can't wait. There are several members in the family that are August/Sept/Oct bday people. So it's an especially good time of the year to have a birthday. And thank you for being the first one to find me!
Old 08-25-2006, 03:33 AM   #4
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

Next Up
I can't wait to see the pictures we get this year. I love to give each of my kids a camera to see what they take pics of . But unfortunately with kids you never know what you are going to get. Here is what my middle child took pics of on our last vacation.

I don't even have a clue. Maybe she will be a plumber when she grows up....
:

This is only our second trip to Disney World. I know, I know, terribly shocking. We went the first time back in 2000 with my mom and dad and had a blast. I was newly divorced with two little children who had just had their world turned totally upside down. So this trip was for them. My ex kindly told my kids that they would never go anywhere again since he and I weren’t going to be married any longer. This was his parting shot as he exited to go live with his new girlfriend leaving my children scared and feeling lost. As we started to try to come to an equitable settlement I naively offered to not take any of his 401k. He told our lawyers that he didn’t have a 401k and they told him he did and he kept saying no he didn’t, so my lawyer said, “Well then I guess he won’t miss it.” So abracadabra, alakazaam, bibbity boppity boo! Here was an all expense paid trip to Walt Disney World. I felt like one of those sports stars that they interview. “So where are you going now that you won the Olympics, the Superbowl, etc?” And me with a toothy smile, “Me? I’m going to Walt Disney World.” Sometimes life IS fair. It doesn’t happen a lot, but when it does, WOW!

I want to say to those of you who have little kids, in my opinion, it is absolutely wonderful to take little ones! My middle child was only 2 going on 3, when we went, and when she saw Mickey she said, “Mickey, Mickey, it’s me Mickey.” Then she turned to us and said, “He’s my friend.” It was so funny because she acted like she had known him all her life. We were all hooked after this trip.

For any of you who are taking someone who might be hesitant about going, that was my dad. He did everything he could to not go until my mom put her foot down. I had planned to buy airline tickets because it is a 22 hour drive from here to there with no stops. My dad kept putting off going until it was too late for me to purchase tickets, so we drove….You are so lucky I am sane at this point in my life. We hit hour 20 with about 6 more hours to drive, factor in all the bathroom breaks, and I said I couldn’t go on. I needed to find a hotel to stop at. If we kept driving we were going to arrive into Disney at about 11am and we wouldn’t be able to check into our room until about 3 or 4pm. So all I could see in my imagination was the kids bouncing off the walls in the lobby as I stared zombie like at anything my eyes could focus on. So I suggested pulling over for a little sleep but my dad, who I loved, said “No, let’s keep going.” Easy for him to say--he’d slept most of the way while I drove….. So anyway, I got a little steamed but didn’t say anything. We drove maybe 30 minutes farther down the road when my dad turned to me and said, “You need to pull over at the next rest stop you see. I’ve got to go to the bathroom.” I turned to my dad and said as sweetly as I could manage, “Oh, well I was thinking if we didn’t need to stop for any sleep we don’t need to make any other stops until we get there. So, I guess we won’t be doing any bathroom breaks. You really don’t need to go to the bathroom that bad, do you?” After a moment of silence, my dad looks up and says, “Hey isn’t that a hotel right up there on the right?”

My dad was a bigger kid than my kids were when we got there. He smiled so big we thought his face was going to break—all because Chip and Dale came over to say hi to him. He had more fun than just about anyone. He absolutely LOVED Epcot and we couldn’t get him out of there. Sidenote: I am so glad that he went with us, this was his last trip. He was killed in a car accident by a careless driver while he was sitting at a stop sign. We have some really beautiful memories and neat pictures of him smiling and having fun. Please don’t let those memories get away from you. Go now because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

We are going back to Garden Grill on this trip which is where he celebrated his birthday and got to see Chip and Dale. So, if you see someone laughing and crying at the same time just wave.

So anyway I’m getting ready to meet my new dis friends, Glendamax and UtahMama, while I am there. If you don’t hear anymore from me, you know to call the police and report these two. UMama likes to stir up trouble so I’m bound to get into some.

Last edited by Eeyore's Tiara; 08-25-2006 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Resizing pics
Old 08-25-2006, 04:39 AM   #5
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Well, Well, Well . . . A trip report and an indictment all in one! I guess I'd better remove the Mickeys off of my bags, so if anything does happen to you, no one can find me. Besides, we all know that UtahMama would be the main suspect.

I love reading your report so far. But where is a picture of you?! Surely if I can't post my crazy-looking pictures, you can post one of you!

I am so glad your Dad was able to go before he passed away. That's why I try to make the most of every trip, because you never know.

Can't wait to hear more! I'm looking forward to meeting you and 'Mama in person!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

I LOVE it so far!!!!

SO sorry about your dad! It's true what you said about living your life to it's fullest! So I bet you think of him whenever you go to Epcot!!!

GlendaMax, she DID post a picture of herself! But it's more of a back-end photo !!!

Your girls are SO cute! The little one, I just want to eat her UP! Think she'd mind?
How old are they? For your Trip Report are you going to give them disney names or their real names?

NO I'M NOT GOING TO CAUSE TROUBLE WHEN WE MEET! If anything I'll embarrass you! Can I bring my 64 oz. BIG GULP refill where we're going?

You are doing great! You're going to be a huge success!
It'll be fun writing about the same time period. We'll have to post a picture of us all on Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoaster! Good Times.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
BeautyNBeast
Mouseketeer

Love the toilet pics!

I am glad your dad was able to go last time. You are right, live in the moment.

Cannot wait to hear more after you get back. Enjoy your trip! Have a wonderful time!

March 2003: Engaged at MK-offsite
December 2004: Vacation at WDW-offsite
December 2005: Honeymoon at WDW-POFQ
May 2006: Pop Century
Dec 2006:Trip with the inlaws-SSR
April 2007:Spring trip at BWV
October 2007: MNSSHP at OKW
December 2007: Christmas at SSR
October 2008: OKW
December 2008: Christmas at SSR
December 2009: Christmas at SSR
Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

GlendaMax, she DID post a picture of herself! But it's more of a back-end photo

OH! I saw her. If I see a lady with 3 kids who claims she's ET, I'm going to say "turn around, let me see you from the back first!"
Old 08-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #9
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama
I LOVE it so far!!!!

SO sorry about your dad! It's true what you said about living your life to it's fullest! So I bet you think of him whenever you go to Epcot!!!

GlendaMax, she DID post a picture of herself! But it's more of a back-end photo !!!

Your girls are SO cute! The little one, I just want to eat her UP! Think she'd mind?
How old are they? For your Trip Report are you going to give them disney names or their real names?

NO I'M NOT GOING TO CAUSE TROUBLE WHEN WE MEET! If anything I'll embarrass you! Can I bring my 64 oz. BIG GULP refill where we're going?

You are doing great! You're going to be a huge success!
It'll be fun writing about the same time period. We'll have to post a picture of us all on Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoaster! Good Times.
Utahmama- Hey that is my best side there bucko! I think I'll make sure they take me from behind on all my trip photos! Woulnd't that be hilarous!

BeautyNBeast- Thank you for your encouragement!

Glendamax- When I see you I'll turn around...

The reason most of my pictures are from behind is I'm leading the charge. Remember? The crazy lady yelling, We're going to miss something!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #10
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

Ok THEN! Why dontcha print "DISboards" on your derierre? THAT would be some Suh-WEET advertising!

I forgot to comment on the cool potty pictures! Are those the kind that, um, squirt you when you're done???
Old 08-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

Okay, to please those that have asked, here are our cast of characters, (characters being the correct word.)

DH- Capt. Hook -A computer geek who owns or wants to own every guitar ever made. And someone who loves to stir up trouble

ME- Eeyore- A shy person who manages to always get into some kind of trouble. The master scheduler and timekeeper.

DD Age 11- Snow White- A lime green mickey head procurer, a diva, and future star. Very outgoing ,grown-up, caring person who loves to drive her sister Belle crazy.

DD Age 8- Belle- A cowgirl, tomboy, super hyper, loveable stitch type of kid. The creative photo taker in our group.

DD Age 3- Cinderella- The clown of the family, super ham, cute and loveable. Knows she’s important! Loves to use the little sister role for all it’s worth.

Friends going with us:
DH- The Joker-Computer geek, cutup, funny guy who loves to make people laugh or get them in trouble, like the twins in parent trap.

Mickeygirl76- Manages to stay calm when I get us into trouble. Quiet and loveable.

DS Age 6-Donald duck-Hyper like my stitch girl, smart, and knows he’s important just like my littlest one.

Last edited by Eeyore's Tiara; 08-29-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #12
Eeyore's Tiara
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama
Ok THEN! Why dontcha print "DISboards" on your derierre? THAT would be some Suh-WEET advertising!

I forgot to comment on the cool potty pictures! Are those the kind that, um, squirt you when you're done???

Uh,no, they don't squirt. They are the non-squirty type potty. I guess she doesn't like those kind of potties.

An advertisement on my rear end? I'm not sure the disboards would ever recover from such advertisement!

But I bet I could get the whole thing "DISboards" to fit on the back of my shorts....
Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 PM   #13
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Hello!!!
Loving the trip report!!
Just one question...I looked and saw no such pic of you. What are you all talking about??
Anyways, keep going! Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 PM   #14
the Fidge
I miss standing like the statue of Liberty holding the end of the TV antenna
OK so how bad did I want to be on Wonderama??? Go ahead just ask

Four stars!!!! I loved you posts and can't wait to read more upon your return!!! I must admit I am a recovering toilet addict, all my life my Dad who I cherish, would take his family of six on road trips we drove from LI NY to Yellowstone and they all say I checked every bathroom along the way!! So what room do decorate first when I moved in anywhere?? Of course the bathroom!

My poor family how they ever put up with me I will never know! My siblings still rib me since the first palce I go when I get to their house is the bathroom they even put little signs in there they thinks their so funny!!!!

I am sorry about your Dad he taguht me the magic of a vacation he is my Walt! I have tried so many times but my mother is not interested in WDW one bit . I will not give up! This man tuaght me how to travel on SPAM!! Thats right Spam, we rarely stayed at a motel a rsort no way till he took us to Yellowstone. That memory along with my first trip to WDW in 1971 when I was seven was beyond my widlest dreams! I purchased a tinkerbell pin cushion! It is my treasure!

Life ahs a funny way of balancing out there really is justice sometimes and the fact that your children have a mother like you, cannot compare!

Whatever you do on your trip DONT FORGET TO DANCE WE ARE HERE BUT FOR MOMENT BEST TO DANCE IT AWAY!!!

Now as for posting bail I must pass I am paying off my APril trip and will need every penny, can and bottle deposit. On the upside there is alwyas the body cavity search!!!!!

My yearbook page http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3632
Old 08-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #15
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

ET! I just now realized you have a free plug for mine and Glendamax's TR's!!!! That is so nice! Have I told you lately how wonderful you are!!!! I wont be posting on it or responding because I didnt want it to get too chatty until 9/1. It is soooo hard! I'm working on an outline based on our itinerary so I just have to write what we did each park and meal etc. I am so happy all 3 of us will be trippin' at the same time. We should have interesting points of view. A she said /she said/ she said TR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: