Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #136
SplshMtn99
She talks to me in pretty purple
I had to hit the bottle
I went to flush with my foot, & my sandal almost fell off & into the toilet

Hey, I stumbled across a Grey's Anatomy / Disney connection this morning.

Sara Ramirez, the actress that plays Callie, also sings. Something I found interesting in of itself.

She's also the singer on The Stephen Schwartz Album. He's the composer(?) of "Colors of the Wind" from Disney's Pocohontas. (Sara was not the singer of the song in the movie though, that was Judy Kuhn. Sara is the singer on the composers greatest hits album.)

http://www.sararamirez.com/TheSite/MULTIMEDIA.htm
scroll down to song on the LEFT side & listen.

Nicely done!! I think I might actually like her now.
SplshMtn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:26 PM   #137
allblue
Earning My Ears

Great episode!!

I love GA. I am kind of leaning to hoping that Mer picks McVet, but I don't see that happening. I also like the idea of Alex becoming a neonatal dr..that will be interesting to see what develops.

Another Callie fan here too.

DS (11)
DS (10)
DS (6)
DS (2)
allblue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #138
HappyLawyer
DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The House

definitely checking in here
December 2008 @ Orange Lake Country Club & Resort-It will be great!! Destinations include: MK, MGM , AK, Bush Gardens, Sea World, U S, IOA, Makahiki Luau, Sleuths Murder Mystery Dinner, Olde Town, Malls, Walmart, Orange Blossom Hot Air Balloon Ride.

2006 Disney Cruise, Orange Lake CC & Resort, Summer Bay Holiday Inn, Extended Stay Deluxe, Residance Inn, & Raddison Celebration
2004 Days Inn Suites OT, & Summer Bay Offsite
2001 Tree House Villas Onsite @ Disney Inst.
HappyLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:56 AM   #139
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

anyone think those panties look HUGE? I mean we watched it again last night and on the baord they look enormous! Way to big for Meredith.

I am so anxious for Thursday!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #140
poohbear919
Hmmm - pondering another visit to my *happy* place!

I love reading everyone's thoughts on this board, it's so difficult because my best friend just won't get into Grey's and it's killing me! Now I have a great forum to debrief each episode with! to all of you DISers!

Loved the season premiere - and I'm totally jealous that Canada got to see episode 2 already... I didn't read the white-type spoiler about how/why Addison found the panties - because I want to be surprised this upcoming week! I'm also furious with my local ABC affiliate station because they pre-empted the Friday night showing of the premiere too... Anyhoo, on to other matters...

I loved the emotion Dr. Bailey showed over Denny, however I do agree that her timing was off a bit on telling Omar about his wife's death... After seeing next weeks preview I can't wait to find out what happens between her and Izzie! (Poor Izzie btw, laying on that floor - coping with such a huge loss...)

I also loved all the flashbacks - great insight into the NY issue with Der/Add! Was anyone else mad about how Burke treated Christina at the new intern social? My jaw was on the floor... I also would have liked to have seen a bit more of Burke in the opener!

George and Callie are two of my favorites - she truly loves him and seems willing to wait for him to be able to say that he loves her too. I truly think George does love her, just not in the way he loves Mer... Time can help that though - or at least I hope it does!

I think Alex is going to grow a heart this season - perhaps like the Grinch does in Dr. Seuss! I don't think he's going to follow the route of becoming a plastic surgeon anymore - he's showing some emotion for that baby! OB/GYN here comes Alex... (Ohhhh, remember how much he hated Addison for making him be her intern!)

McVet gets my vote for winning Mer's heart. He knows about all the BS and still put his "hat in the ring" despite it all, that's true devotion! I do want to see her string Derek along though in the same way that he has done to her. (She should be a little vindictive for awhile!)

Adele Webber gets my vote for the night though! She is one tough cookie and she's letting Richard have it - hooray for her, though if she only knew that he left Ellis, not the other way around...

Good things are left to come this season, and I for one just can't wait! (Sorry this was so long, btw...)
Old 09-23-2006, 11:31 AM   #141
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplshMtn99
Hey, I stumbled across a Grey's Anatomy / Disney connection this morning.

Sara Ramirez, the actress that plays Callie, also sings. Something I found interesting in of itself.

She's also the singer on The Stephen Schwartz Album. He's the composer(?) of "Colors of the Wind" from Disney's Pocohontas. (Sara was not the singer of the song in the movie though, that was Judy Kuhn. Sara is the singer on the composers greatest hits album.)

http://www.sararamirez.com/TheSite/MULTIMEDIA.htm
scroll down to song on the LEFT side & listen.

Nicely done!! I think I might actually like her now.
Wow, go Callie go!!! She has a very good voice. The more I read about why others like her, the more I see her in a different light! I'm a Callie fan now!!!

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:07 PM   #142
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

GA beat CSI in the ratings!!!

NEW YORK - The new TV season's biggest faceoff so far went to the randy doctors. ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" beat CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," for years TV's most popular drama and leader of its own franchise, in their first competition.

"Grey's Anatomy" had 25.4 million viewers for its season premiere, compared to 22.6 million for "CSI" in the same 9 p.m. time slot, according to Nielsen Media Research. That's a sharp drop from last year, when more than 29 million people tuned in to the "CSI" season premiere.

ABC, owned by the Walt Disney Co., has heavily promoted the move of "Grey's Anatomy" from Sundays. It's always risky to move a show, but the potential payoff is big: Thursday is considered the most lucrative night in the television business, primarily because movie companies are looking to advertise right before the weekend.

It was ABC's best Thursday night with entertainment programming since May 2000, the network said.

There were mixed results for all the networks throughout the night. NBC's venerable "ER" came back to win its 10 p.m. time slot with 15.6 million viewers, no small feat considering both CBS (owned by CBS Corp.) and ABC premiered new dramas with powerful lead-ins then.

CBS' lawyer drama "Shark" was second with 14.7 million while the ABC drama "Six Degrees" had 12.6 million. In both cases, particularly "Six Degrees," there was a large drop in viewers during the second half-hour, an indication of people who didn't like what they saw.

CBS, meanwhile, was pleasantly surprised that "Survivor: Cook Island," with 17.4 million, held up against strong competition. ABC ran a clip show of "Grey's Anatomy" in that time slot that drew 13.7 million viewers.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #143
disneydiva06
Drives by a scented topsoil store everyday
Does that mean it lets off ghost poots?

Yay for GA!!!!

Just two more days til the next epi!

disneydiva06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #144
chris1gill

But you know I'm thinking (scary enough)

ONE MORE DAY TO GO!!! I'm on the edge of my chair waiting for tomorrow night!
chris1gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #145
poohbear919

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1gill
I'm on the edge of my chair waiting for tomorrow night!
Me too! Any guesses on what will happen? I've watched the Fray's video a few thousand times looking for clues about the next episode! I can't wait to see the scene where McDreamy and Mer are in the elevator!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #146
chris1gill

But you know I'm thinking (scary enough)

I haven't seen the clip, what are they doing in the elevator??

She HAS to pick McDreamy!
chris1gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #147
poohbear919

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1gill
I haven't seen the clip, what are they doing in the elevator??

She HAS to pick McDreamy!
My TA (from school) and I think McDreamy is smelling Mer's hair in the clip - but she's also saying something to him as she leaves the elevator... Who know's what is said - we'll just have to hang on the edge of our seats waiting to see!

The clip is one of the ones from GA in the "How to Save a Life" video by The Fray! If you haven't seen it and have high-speed internet service check it out at http://abc.go.com/fsp/index.html?cha...my&clip=112857

I'm intrigued by the fact that I want to know so badly what happens in this scene because I'm totally wanting her to choose McVet! (McDreamy needs to suffer a little for 1-Choosing Addison and 2-Stringing Mer along for so long!)
Old 09-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #148
Kimmielee

I can't wait either... The clip makes it appear that he is smelling her hair... and the way he LOOKS at her... like he wants to ... oh, to be so lucky to have someone look at you that way!

Old 09-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #149
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

can't wait until tomorrow night!!!!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #150
PaulDavid's mom
Believes in Happy Ever Afters

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR TONIGHT!!!!!
PaulDavid's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: