Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #16
RoosMomKanga
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down

We ate here 5/19 for dinner and it was 80Euros for 5 of us, after the 20% Brit's Guide discount. We would not recommend it. None of us are picky eaters and no one liked their meal (I had the LA Lasagna and it was terrible- dry and tastless). The service was very slow, and the place was dirty and noisy. We loved DLRP, just not this place.
RoosMomKanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #17
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

We ate here 15/5 and I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it either. The tables (upstairs) are so close together you can't actually get out of the middle ones without asking people to move if the seats are occupied. Your children will be glued to the TVs on every wall rather than listening to you. Food was only average or below average and was too expensive to be average.
Newport Bay Hotel 2004......Davy Crockett's Ranch Feb 2008......Les Etangs Fleuris May 2008......Disneyland Hotel Oct 2008......Holiday Inn December 2008......Disneyland Hotel March 2009......Adagio Apartments May 2009......Adagio Apartments Oct 2009......Cheyenne Hotel Jan 2010......Disneyland Hotel March 2010

No ticker!!! Sob sob.
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #18
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

It's a shame that I feel compelled to agree with the last couple of reviews... We just found the reciept for our meal here and can't believe how overpriced it is for the poor quality food...

Bob xoxox
Old 06-03-2008, 05:45 AM   #19
liberty
DIS Veteran

I was very disappointed with this, and is very over priced. I was also not happy with the planet hollywood in london aswell.

*Disney land paris shareholder*

~DLP- HOTEL NEWYORK 2000~
~DLP- HOTEL SEQOUIA LODGE 2000~
~DLP- HOTEL CHEYENNE 2004~
~DLP- HOTEL NEWPORT BAY 2007~
~DLP- HOTEL SANTA FE 2009~
~DLP- HOTEL DISNEYLAND 2009~
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #20
Demonica
Mouseketeer

Glad we weren't alone!

We're all normally happy with burger and chips type stuff but the food was rubbish quality, small portions, we were crammed in and no atmosphere. The service was slow despite the place not being full.

We'll def avoid it next time.
DLRP - 2008 October Cheyenne
DLRP - 2008 November Sequoia Lodge
DLRP - 2009 August Santa Fe
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #21
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

We ate here on 5th August and I have to say it was DELICIOUS!
We had:

Cheeseburger and Chips

I had the LA Lasagna and it was the best I've tasted!

Rack of Ribs

and Pomodoro

We couldn't decide on a dessert so in the end plumped for a sampler for 10 euros 40 - well worth it and very enjoyable, so enjoyable I completely forgot to take a picture (the cheesecake was to die for!)

We'd forgotten to take our guide book for the 20% off but had been given a 15% voucher in the village earlier in our stay, we used that and along with 7 drinks the total was 91 euros 12. The service was excellent too.
Dianetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:56 AM   #22
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

That lasagne looks yummy

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #23
k-herm
Mouseketeer

We ate here early August and it was really very good. Our server was very helpful with regard to DD's food allergies and the overall service was speedy enough [7/8pm seated downstairs].

Considering there was five of us, a few desserts, a few beers and one Scorpion King cocktail we thought the bill [Ä120 incl. Brit's Guide discount was fair enough].

Certainly it was better value and better food than we got at Plaza Gardens the day before...THAT place was a disappointment!
k-herm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #24
*lilouw
Offre-moi cet horizon...

I went there two times but the last time was on Saturday, the 20th.
It was for lunch, our waiter was a bit strange but very friendly! Food was good but we had to wait for our appetizers and then, entrees came so quickly! Here's my review:

Decoration: 7/10 (I like Planet Hollywood decoration -even if it's not so special- with objects or costumes from films and big screens with musci videos.)
Service: 6/10 (wait and then too quick...and waiter strange -seemed to have drunk-)
Food: 7.5/10 (lots of choices, tasty food and huge portion!)
General Appreciation: 7/10 (It is still a good restaurant with good food and not too expensive!)

Bar

Decoration

Menu (if u want the whole menu, ask me by PM!)

Appetizers
Sliders (huge, huge, huge! You can take them for entree...it's so huge! I only ate 2 and chips are escellent, homemade!)

Texas Tostadas (My mum said it was excellent, I try and it was!)

Entree
L.A. Lasagna (very good but came quickly: I was still eating sliders so I was not hungry anymore, I ate 2 , my mum the others 2!)

(meal + a Bud + a bottle of water) - 20% because PA Dream = 35,30euros

PS/ Sorry but my photos don't want to appear! Do you have an idea why? Please, click the links

Last edited by *lilouw; 09-26-2008 at 07:51 AM.
*lilouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #25
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

We've eaten here previously (on serveral different occasions over the years) and to be honest, haven't really had a problem. We've found the food to be fairly nice and also not too badly priced.

The one thing I did think was a shame though, was that last time we ate here, they felt the need to have photographers walking around hassling you to take photographs and sell them to you. I don't mind this in the parks, but personally, I don't like it in the restaurants when you're trying to have a sit down meal and your suddenly interrupted by somebody trying to take your photo and sell it to you in various different formats.

Facebook | Flickr | 500px

ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #26
davewasbaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
I had the turkey club without mayo but they didn't seem to want to give me dry bread so they buttered it. Yuck.
welcome to Europe. In the UK, if's it's bread, they put butter on it - yuk. I hate butter in sandwiches.

davewasbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #27
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Monday 22nd October 2007

We decided to go to Planet Hollywood to eat ~ we got there just after 6pm ~ a big mistake as I think everyone else had the same idea. We had to wait nearly an hour for a table but we only had ourselves to blame ~ we knew we should have left the park earlier but couldnít drag ourselves away!!

Well, all the waiting was well worth it. I have read some dire reviews of Planet Hollywood but the food was absolutely delicious and our server was a great laugh!!

Francesca had the chicken tenders and fries,

Danielle had the classic cheeseburger and fries (forgot to photograph),
Samantha had LA Lasagne,

and both Bryan and I had the pineapple orange chicken served with jasmine rice.

For dessert, Bryan had the white chocolate bread pudding,

Danielle had lemon sorbet (again no photo ), Francesca had profiteroles,

and Samantha and I shared the dessert sampler.

The strawberry shortcake was to die for ~ but unfortunately we couldnít do it justice, I think there was enough there for all five of us to share!!

We really enjoyed it here (donít forget your Brits Guide to get 20% off) and will definitely come again.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #28
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Updated menu kindly sent by Steve_Rob...

Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #29
Roon
DIS Veteran

We love Planet Hollywood and ate there all four nights we were there last week. No smoking at all. Food is great. No problems changing things if you aren't satisfied.
We usually go for a tea time rather than late and you can get a table no problem. You get 20 percent discount on your food bill the next visit if you go before 5.00. This is fine as the park is open later and you can head back to the park for a couple more rides and the candlebration.
Super Duper.
Roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #30
Booknut
I couldn't figure out why people would choose to put that down

We ate here end of November for dinner, no ressies but we didn't have to wait as it was quite early and although busy they were still able to seat us. We sat downstairs in the Zebra room.

We'd never eaten at a Planet Hollywood before and we really loved it. Our server was so friendly and funny, it was great watching him interact with Matilda in French and English, she certainly liked him

The menu was varied and had lots of great stuff on it. Here are some photos:

Entrance

I had a shrimp carbonara pasta dish and Phil had a chicken sandwich plus they gave us some plain pasta for us to give to Matilda. Oh and we had some delicious garlic breadsticks with this divine dip.

We didn't have dessert but we saw a few that others were having and they looked sooooooooo good We got 20% off with Simon's book which was also a great deal.

I highly recommend this place, next time we'll eat there twice!

2005 WDW Offsite, 2006 WDW AKL/POFQ, 2008 DLP Santa Fe, 2009 DLP Hotel New York, 2012 DLP Hotel L'Elysee

Booknut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: