Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #1351
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoyo View Post
What is the minimum number of rooms you need participating? It seems there are only a few interested in an FE on my cruise in October so I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing.
Hi! I will be on your cruise in October and would love to do it! Even if its just two of us.

I have found that the little extras, such as this, make trips more special.

Its our first DCL cruise, but with our trips to WDW, we did meet people from the boards and it was a ton of fun.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #1352
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoyo View Post
What is the minimum number of rooms you need participating? It seems there are only a few interested in an FE on my cruise in October so I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing.
For our cruise over Christmas, there were only 5 families total in our group, and I think it worked out great. Allowed us to give some nice things without breaking the budget. And it was a nice treat to come back to goodies each day.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #1353
chudson98
Mouseketeer

Can someone explain to me how the FE works if someone is cruising concierge? We have someone on our meet thread who was asking and I thought we would ask the experts. Thanks.
chudson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #1354
tomoyo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeWithMickey View Post
For our cruise over Christmas, there were only 5 families total in our group, and I think it worked out great. Allowed us to give some nice things without breaking the budget. And it was a nice treat to come back to goodies each day.
I'm not sure we will even have 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunasee View Post
Hi! I will be on your cruise in October and would love to do it! Even if its just two of us.

I have found that the little extras, such as this, make trips more special.

Its our first DCL cruise, but with our trips to WDW, we did meet people from the boards and it was a ton of fun.
Oh yay! That's how I feel about it, too, which is why I want to do an FE so much.
Disneyland Resort: 1993 + 2003-July + 2007-May & Nov + 2008-May & Nov + 2009-May & Nov + 2010-Oct + 2011-Jan & Nov + 2012-May & Nov + 2013-Nov + 2014-July
tomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #1355
Amanda132
Mouseketeer

We have two connecting cabins. If we did FE, would we just put up one, or would we do one for each room? What do people with two cabins usually do?
April 2008 Off-site at WDW and Disney Wonder ~ August 2009 All Star Music ~ August 2010 All Star Music ~ January 2011 All Star Music ~ August 2011 Disney Dream ~ June 2012 Moved to Orlando! ~ February 2014 Re-Imagined Disney Magic ~ June 2014 Disney Dream

My Disney Wedding Planning Journal!
Amanda132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #1356
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda132 View Post
We have two connecting cabins. If we did FE, would we just put up one, or would we do one for each room? What do people with two cabins usually do?
I have the same question so I am bumping.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #1357
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda132 View Post
We do two room, and we only do one FE. I didn't really want to advertise a second room, and that way people only have to package up one gift.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #1358
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????

We had this same question come up last cruise. We decided that, if you're one family, it's one FE, despite how many rooms you have. I gave a nice gift that cost about $8 and it wouldn't have been fair to have to do one for each room and get one gift in return that was something like Oriental Trading plastic stuff.

I really wanted to do this special FE gift, pretty much as I was running the meet and wanted to do something a little extra special, so it's not just me being snobby, but I also really didn't want to bankrupt myself. We had 25 in our group.

YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! NEXT CRUISE is DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas and then WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA!
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #1359
chudson98
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudson98 View Post
Can someone explain to me how the FE works if someone is cruising concierge? We have someone on our meet thread who was asking and I thought we would ask the experts. Thanks.
Bumping...Still wondering.....
chudson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #1360
Momma_of_4
Earning My Ears

I'm new to this! I want to know how FE even works or how to be involved in it when our cruise comes... Can someone please help me.. I have searched and searched and still have no idea.. Could someone send me a personal message?? I don't know how I even found this feed! Thank you!!
Momma_of_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #1361
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudson98 View Post
Bumping...Still wondering.....

my guess is on the new ships those in Con level won't be able to participate unless they make arrangements with someone in another level to hang their fe on their fish. apparently those new gates are shut all the time and the only way you get in is with your room key - so that leaves them out since most people participating won't get into put their gifts in their fe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_of_4 View Post
I'm new to this! I want to know how FE even works or how to be involved in it when our cruise comes... Can someone please help me.. I have searched and searched and still have no idea.. Could someone send me a personal message?? I don't know how I even found this feed! Thank you!!

FE's are hung up on the Fish decoration that is beside the door. you can either make them or buy them. there are tons of photos in this and other FE threads showing what everyone put up and what their gifts were or what they received from others.

You look for the FE thread for your cruise and tell them you'd like to sign up. most cruises have between a dozen and 2 dozen rooms participating and it usually takes a few hours to walk the ship and put all your gifts in the FE's.

the cruise i was on was the first podcast cruise and almost 3 dozen rooms signed up for the FE. it took me ages over the 4 days of the cruise. it was very fun but it was a lot of work making all my gifts and then taking them around the ship.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #1362
Momma_of_4
Earning My Ears

This sounds like SO much fun! Thank you! I really would like to participate in this! My girls would LOVE it! Would anyone mind giving me some ideas of things that they give out?
Momma_of_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #1363
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_of_4 View Post
This sounds like SO much fun! Thank you! I really would like to participate in this! My girls would LOVE it! Would anyone mind giving me some ideas of things that they give out?
August 16th Alaska Cruisers, DON'T LOOK! Nothing to see here....

I found a bunch of neat, Disney-themed card games, diaries (can also be used as autograph books for the little guys) toys, and other goodies at Michael's. For the adults, I bought Disney-themed lanyards at Party City and these ID holders at the Oriental Trading Company: http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/se...allpartial&N=0 I'm going to iron-on a DISigner's design.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #1364
abcangie87
Mouseketeer

FE fininshed

Thought i'd post this here... I just made my FE! I am not a very good seamstress at all, but did the best i could! Wanted to do it all on my own! Hubby didn't want names on it, so i put "mom" and "dad" on the buttons and "munchkins" on the minnie skirt. Don't have a dowel yet, but this gives you a peek!

fishextender by abcangie87, on Flickr

Counting down to our 4th Disney Cruise!
Dreaming about our cruise on the Fantasy in 2014!
[IMG][/IMG]
abcangie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #1365
tiggerb
Mouseketeer

Very cute FE! Love the skirt look to it!
tiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: