Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #1261
tiggerb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubDis View Post
Here's mine so far. We ran out of embroidery bobbin thread so I have to make the rest as patches. Captain Mickey goes on the blue pocket and Sailor Minnie on the red. Then at the bottom I'm going to embroider our voyages. The top says "Setting sail on a Wonderful Magical Fantastic Dream"

I like how your pockets look a bit deeper... can you tell me the size you made them? Then things may not fall or tip out if it is something w/ a bit of weight to it. Thanks!
tiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #1262
Maryh8156
First Timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubDis View Post
Here's mine so far. We ran out of embroidery bobbin thread so I have to make the rest as patches. Captain Mickey goes on the blue pocket and Sailor Minnie on the red. Then at the bottom I'm going to embroider our voyages. The top says "Setting sail on a Wonderful Magical Fantastic Dream"

There are some crafty folks out there and i am NOT one of them. I plan on having someone make ours! LOVE looking at the pics for ideas though! )

Maryh8156 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #1263
Mickeygolf
DIS Veteran

I wish someone would do an instructional Youtube video especially of the no sew type. I'm doing this with my daugter as a fun dad/daughter project and I have no idea what double fold bias tape, iron on interlacing, or what heat and bond no sew hem is

But she's bound and determine we make this baby ourselves so I'm willing to give it the old college try. It may cost me $100 to make it, but we'll get it done eventually. I have to admit you guys have given me plenty of inspiration with your wonderful designs. Thanks for that!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #1264
tiggerb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeygolf View Post
I wish someone would do an instructional Youtube video especially of the no sew type. I'm doing this with my daugter as a fun dad/daughter project and I have no idea what double fold bias tape, iron on interlacing, or what heat and bond no sew hem is

But she's bound and determine we make this baby ourselves so I'm willing to give it the old college try. It may cost me $100 to make it, but we'll get it done eventually. I have to admit you guys have given me plenty of inspiration with your wonderful designs. Thanks for that!!!
I give you credit... I have not a clue either! I emailed gradysmom on ebay last week or so and haven't a word back yet ...
tiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #1265
OlivesMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerb View Post
I give you credit... I have not a clue either! I emailed gradysmom on ebay last week or so and haven't a word back yet ...
There are some great designs on etsy.com as well. I liked those better than the eBay options.
OlivesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #1266
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She will get to you....she was so easy to work with and got my extender to me in plenty of time. Just a doll....

I even had someone here make my magnets for me and I was soooooo happy with them too!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #1267
ClubDis
Former CM , Current TA & Long-time Disney Addict

Quote:
I like how your pockets look a bit deeper... can you tell me the size you made them? Then things may not fall or tip out if it is something w/ a bit of weight to it. Thanks!
They are 8" instead of the usual 5.5-6".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryh8156 View Post
There are some crafty folks out there and i am NOT one of them. I plan on having someone make ours! LOVE looking at the pics for ideas though! )
It was really easy to do. Other than the embroidery, it took a whole 30 minutes to make.
ClubDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #1268
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivesMom View Post
There are some great designs on etsy.com as well. I liked those better than the eBay options.
I just paid $40.00 for a super-cute one on etsy.com. I just don't have the time or the skills to make one...plus, if I did the no-sew one I am sure the pockets would all fall off! This is best left to the professionals!!!!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #1269
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Love the ideas. Has anyone ever used a tote bag as FE extender?
Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #1270
Maryh8156
First Timers

Quote:
I've emailed gradysmom on ebay twice and haven't heard a thing back either! Maybe she doesn't respond until you actually pay for the item?!?

I have some questions before handing over the $ though!

Maryh8156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #1271
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
I've emailed gradysmom on ebay twice and haven't heard a thing back either! Maybe she doesn't respond until you actually pay for the item?!?

Is she on the inaugural sailing of the Dream?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #1272
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
Love the ideas. Has anyone ever used a tote bag as FE extender?
I used several tote bags sewn end to end...but i also saw people with one tote bag as a fe...you can really use whatever you like, it's fun seeing different things...

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #1273
LuvtheEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm sorry! I just returned from a cruise on the Magic - Jan 15 - 22, and have not gotten caught up with all the emails yet! Please try again! I will get up with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Is she on the inaugural sailing of the Dream?
I wish!!! I saw the Dream when we drove into Cape Canaveral for our Magic cruise. I wanted to get some close up pictures, but she left while we were at dinner. I did book a cruise on her for Aug. but might move it to Sept.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #1274
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheEars View Post
I'm sorry! I just returned from a cruise on the Magic - Jan 15 - 22, and have not gotten caught up with all the emails yet! Please try again! I will get up with you.

I wish!!! I saw the Dream when we drove into Cape Canaveral for our Magic cruise. I wanted to get some close up pictures, but she left while we were at dinner. I did book a cruise on her for Aug. but might move it to Sept.
Which Aug cruise? I'm on the Aug.16 one...come join our thread, if you are on it! You would recognize my FE!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #1275
LuvtheEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
Which Aug cruise? I'm on the Aug.16 one...come join our thread, if you are on it! You would recognize my FE!!!!
I'm currently booked on the Aug. 28 cruise. I looked at the meets thread, but didn't want to join until I know I'll be on that cruise.

I bet your FE is pretty nice !!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: