Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #766
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
Okay, here's my fish extender I made. We decided to do iron ons for the pockets and the top part. It worked out well that way. We each got to pick our fave character for our pocket

Very nice Jamie

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #767
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
Okay, here's my fish extender I made. We decided to do iron ons for the pockets and the top part. It worked out well that way. We each got to pick our fave character for our pocket

Love that mickey head fabric...I can't seem to find one I like that isn't too busy but that ones neat!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #768
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
Very nice Jamie
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
Love that mickey head fabric...I can't seem to find one I like that isn't too busy but that ones neat!
Thanks, my daughter picked everything out, I was pleased with her choices We found the fabric at Hancock Fabric.

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #769
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtheears View Post

i was kept awake the other night by barking dogs from 2:00am until after 5:00am, so i thought i would put my time to good use.

I decided to retire my first fe and leave it hanging in our sun room when we cruise in may.

Here is my new one! I think i used my time wisely.

tiffany
awesome! I love it!

Diane71969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #770
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Since I just made my first ever (very simple) fish extender and posted pics in the thread for my cruise date, I thought I would share the pics in this thread too No sewing, all hot glue gun, lime green fabric with winnie the pooh etc was chopped up from what I originally thought was a tablecloth, but turned out to be a children's small window curtain

DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #771
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
Since I just made my first ever (very simple) fish extender and posted pics in the thread for my cruise date, I thought I would share the pics in this thread too No sewing, all hot glue gun, lime green fabric with winnie the pooh etc was chopped up from what I originally thought was a tablecloth, but turned out to be a children's small window curtain

You did a great job. I love the bling.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #772
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

That is ADORABLE!!! Me too, the bling is just the perfect touch!!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #773
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake

Awesome!
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #774
Sagbrook
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheEars View Post

I was kept awake the other night by barking dogs from 2:00am until after 5:00am, so I thought I would put my time to good use.

I decided to retire my first FE and leave it hanging in our Sun Room when we cruise in May.

Here is my new one! I think I used my time wisely.

Tiffany
I love your FE. Just bought fabric for mine, not much of a selection here, but enough for my first attempt. Can you please give me the measurements of yours. I don't want to make mine too big.

Thanks,
Marilyn
Old 04-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #775
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Thanks GoofyTraci, Parrotheadlois, and TiggerTails! I have to admit, the fish extenders on this thread look so professional and coordinated it was a little intimidating to share my own homegrown effort, I appreciate your comments!
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #776
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Here's the FE I made for our recent cruise. The pockets are small canvas tote bags from Hobby Lobby (I cut off the handles), and I made Mickey heads with all our names and a corresponding character, then used transfers to iron them on. If I make another, I'll make the pockets bigger.

Erin
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #777
LD NURSE
Mouseketeer

Thanks DISGIRL83!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to DISGIRL83 for writing out the no sew instructions. I can't even sew on a button. I was going to buy a FE off of Ebay, but thought I might be able to make one once I read her instructions. I did and it turned out very sturdy. I was worried about that. SO here's a pic! And thanks again. I love the Disboards. People are so helpful

LD NURSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #778
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD NURSE View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to DISGIRL83 for writing out the no sew instructions. I can't even sew on a button. I was going to buy a FE off of Ebay, but thought I might be able to make one once I read her instructions. I did and it turned out very sturdy. I was worried about that. SO here's a pic! And thanks again. I love the Disboards. People are so helpful

Love the nurse hat. Did you use iron ons or applique? I'm a NICU nurse, and it looks great.
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #779
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Here's the FE I made for our recent cruise. The pockets are small canvas tote bags from Hobby Lobby (I cut off the handles), and I made Mickey heads with all our names and a corresponding character, then used transfers to iron them on. If I make another, I'll make the pockets bigger.

Erin
That is such a good idea to use the canvas bags. Which size did you use? Do they sell a next size up? Yours looks great!
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #780
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD NURSE View Post

It Looks Great!!!

Last edited by GoofyTraci; 04-14-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling
GoofyTraci is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: