Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #676
pgsahm2
I was thinking maybe I was just weird..
Dry lips keep me awake
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,803

I finally have a picture of my FE to share! Yay!

My mom and I made it. I think altogether it cost around $20. The characters you see on each pocket are actually pins that I made from embossed stickers. The picture at the top is in a plastic sleeve with a pin back on it. This way we can change the picture for each trip. I'm actually really proud of this thing!




Here's a picture of our door and FE.

pgsahm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #677
bevtoy
bevs_toy
 
bevtoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vandalia, Illinois
Posts: 3,705

You should be proud that looks really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsahm2 View Post
I finally have a picture of my FE to share! Yay!

My mom and I made it. I think altogether it cost around $20. The characters you see on each pocket are actually pins that I made from embossed stickers. The picture at the top is in a plastic sleeve with a pin back on it. This way we can change the picture for each trip. I'm actually really proud of this thing!




Here's a picture of our door and FE.

__________________
Your link to Graphics for cruise magnets:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post41581715
Oct. 1996 Land/Sea Premiere Bahama Oceanic PCL
October 1998 Disney World
7 Night Eastern Magic, October 13-20, 2007
7 Night Western Magic December 12-19, 2009
bevtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #678
bevtoy
bevs_toy
 
bevtoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vandalia, Illinois
Posts: 3,705

I think I will get a stocking for our Christmas cruise and use it as an extender, maybe dress it with a applique and our last name.
__________________
Your link to Graphics for cruise magnets:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post41581715
Oct. 1996 Land/Sea Premiere Bahama Oceanic PCL
October 1998 Disney World
7 Night Eastern Magic, October 13-20, 2007
7 Night Western Magic December 12-19, 2009
bevtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #679
shasess
My Disney Princess!!!
 
shasess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 1,263

Wow! What lovely treasures! The children in your FE group are very lucky.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTails57 View Post
Some of my FE gifts.................
__________________
shasess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #680
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake
 
TiggerTails57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
Where did you shop for those??? I have to start going to Target to start collecting our things for the FE. I am so looking forward to that. This year Stephanie and I will be better planned. We were putting the things together on the ship. I want to have them already packed and ready to go.

BTW are you going to try to come to the Magic Meet???
Hey Terry, Yes we hope to go to MagicMeets, we signed up!

I got most of my loot at Target, and on sale at Micheal's (40% off). This is for our March-April Cruise. I have to start collecting again for the Dec sailing......don't worry you are not late buying stuff ha ha
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #681
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake
 
TiggerTails57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasess View Post
Wow! What lovely treasures! The children in your FE group are very lucky.
Thanks! we have 13 girls and 3 boys.
I made bookmarks for the adults.......
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #682
kmab00
DIS Veteran
 
kmab00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,432

LOVE the bookmarks!! SO cute! Good job!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #683
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake
 
TiggerTails57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmab00 View Post
LOVE the bookmarks!! SO cute! Good job!
Thanks! I was hoping they would turn out OK.....this was my first time making them.
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #684
MMitchell29
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 675

Tiggertails those bookmarks are super cute. You did a great job. Are those for the adults?
MMitchell29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #685
Trena
DIS Veteran
 
Trena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTails57 View Post
I made bookmarks for the adults.......
I LOVE the bookmarks. Where did you find that ribbon?
Trena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #686
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake
 
TiggerTails57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trena View Post
I LOVE the bookmarks. Where did you find that ribbon?
Thank you! My local Micheal's craft store.
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #687
smatterchu
Magical Mouse-arazzi
 
smatterchu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 221

Okay - so this will be my first time doing a Fish Exchange, so I have a few questions that I don't think have been answered (I promise I have read this whoooooole thread...and several others)

#1: Whether you guys agree to do one-per-day or one-per-cruise, do the exchangers always label their gifts so you'll know who it's from? If so, how did you label/package your items?

#2: Do other people ever put things in your Fish Exchanger? I'm talking about from people outside of your pre-determined FE group?

#3: What was the best/most special thing you have ever gotten in your FE?

#4: What's the most unique thing you have received?

Thanks in advance!! I'm looking forward to learning more about this process...
__________________
Peas 'n Hominy....Smatterchu
Tara Laine - Proud Mommy of Twin Boys, Max & Zach


Living the Dream - I get to see the Fab Five almost every day!!

March 2009 - Disney Wonder Cruise!! - Can't wait to go again!!!
* DCL - Wonder - January 2008 - Our First Disney Cruise!

smatterchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #688
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake
 
TiggerTails57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMitchell29 View Post
Tiggertails those bookmarks are super cute. You did a great job. Are those for the adults?
Thanks so much! Yes, they are intended for the adult ladies, and teens in our group. I'm trying to think up some more manly ones for the men.
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #689
TiggerTails57
FIL is still waiting for his My Little Pony cake
 
TiggerTails57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by smatterchu View Post
Okay - so this will be my first time doing a Fish Exchange, so I have a few questions that I don't think have been answered (I promise I have read this whoooooole thread...and several others)

#1: Whether you guys agree to do one-per-day or one-per-cruise, do the exchangers always label their gifts so you'll know who it's from? If so, how did you label/package your items?

#2: Do other people ever put things in your Fish Exchanger? I'm talking about from people outside of your pre-determined FE group?

#3: What was the best/most special thing you have ever gotten in your FE?

#4: What's the most unique thing you have received?

Thanks in advance!! I'm looking forward to learning more about this process...
#1 Last MouseFest cruise we agreed to 'gift' each stateroom on our list, at least once during the cruise (more if people wanted). (I found a good time to gift for me, was after mid-night).

#2 Yes, I've stuck magnets on random doors, and added to FE's I don't know.....like to spread a little

#3 EVERY item I get is special! Some things I remember are Maple syrup, (used it to make my pecan pie extra special at xmas) A rum cake!

#4 A survival kit in a large zip-loc bag with things like sun block, Q-tips, floss, first aid kit, chap stick, wrinkle spray, ties for FE.....it came with a poem.

Hope this helps, and Happy Gifting!!
TiggerTails57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #690
smatterchu
Magical Mouse-arazzi
 
smatterchu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTails57 View Post
#1 Last MouseFest cruise we agreed to 'gift' each stateroom on our list, at least once during the cruise (more if people wanted). (I found a good time to gift for me, was after mid-night).

#2 Yes, I've stuck magnets on random doors, and added to FE's I don't know.....like to spread a little

#3 EVERY item I get is special! Some things I remember are Maple syrup, (used it to make my pecan pie extra special at xmas) A rum cake!

#4 A survival kit in a large zip-loc bag with things like sun block, Q-tips, floss, first aid kit, chap stick, wrinkle spray, ties for FE.....it came with a poem.

Hope this helps, and Happy Gifting!!
Thanks for your reply!! So there could be FE's out there that aren't DIS, necessarily... I forget that not everyone is DIS.

I love the survival kit! If I hadn't already done my shopping, I'd consider something like that! I mostly went for Disney treats this time! It helps to live so close to The Mouse...
__________________
Peas 'n Hominy....Smatterchu
Tara Laine - Proud Mommy of Twin Boys, Max & Zach


Living the Dream - I get to see the Fab Five almost every day!!

March 2009 - Disney Wonder Cruise!! - Can't wait to go again!!!
* DCL - Wonder - January 2008 - Our First Disney Cruise!

smatterchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: