Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #631
Trena
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie410 View Post
What a nice idea, particularly for the kiddos! Now I have one more thing to add to the list of things to do before we leave!
Fun for kids and adults!!! Just be sure you sign up with a group to exchange gifts with. Some people just hang a FE and wonder why they don't get any treats!!
Trena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #632
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trena View Post
Just be sure you sign up with a group to exchange gifts with. Some people just hang a FE and wonder why they don't get any treats!!
Are these on the cruise meet threads?

TIA
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #633
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

depends on what cruise you are going on - for our cruise there is a different thread all together.

what cruise are you going on?
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #634
carmie3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
depends on what cruise you are going on - for our cruise there is a different thread all together.

what cruise are you going on?
Eastern Carribean w/St Croix Dec 5-12
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #635
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

check the main meet thread for that cruise and ask if they are doing the FE's - it could be that no one has started the thread yet which makes it easy for you to start one.

if there is one someone will direct you to it.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #636
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

post picture?

How can I post pictures on here? I can't seem to figure it out. I have them in my pictures on my computer. Thanks so much for anyones help!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #637
Kurby

you have to upload it to a photo site like photobucket then you can add the image here
Old 02-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #638
Kurby

if you don't have a photo bucket site - it's free and easy.

once you get the site ready you follow the directions to upload to the site then copy the image address and post it here
Old 02-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #639
carmie3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
check the main meet thread for that cruise and ask if they are doing the FE's - it could be that no one has started the thread yet which makes it easy for you to start one.

if there is one someone will direct you to it.
Thanks, I'll go check it out!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #640
Kurby

i've got instrustions if you want me to post them
Old 02-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #641
Sccrmnky2005

here we go I'm trying to post lets see if this works. This is my first FE that me and my Boyfriend are using on our cruise on March 8th, 09. enjoy!

TRIP REPORT

Wedding PJ & TR
Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #642
Sccrmnky2005

thanks for the help!!! your great!
TRIP REPORT

Wedding PJ & TR
Old 02-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #643
Kurby

Here ya go.

Step 1 (after creating your account)

Upload your image - Click the Choose file button

Step 2

choose your file

Step 3

Select the actual picture or pictures you want to upload (hold the ctr button if you are uploading more then 1 at a time.

Step 4

Once uploaded - copy the Image text but right clicking on the text

Step 5

Old 02-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #644
scottie
BWV's= Our Second Home

Need some help please

Is there a picture on this wonderful thread that shows how one secures their FE with the plastic zipties to the metal Fish?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #645
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Is there a picture on this wonderful thread that shows how one secures their FE with the plastic zipties to the metal Fish?
Somewhere there is a pic...I thought it was around page 35, but I guess I was wrong, as I didn't see it.... But here are some written answers. It is my understanding that the zip tie helps secure a loop over the fish. Kinda like a bolo tie.

HTH.
todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Yes.

Funny story though, I had only brought one tie with me, but we ended up having to move our FE b/c our room got moved. But I got another zip tie as a FE gift so I then had another one to re-secure it when I moved it from one room to the other.

One other little tip...don't pull the tie too tight against the fish, it will make it *really* hard to get it cut off. We left ours with about 1" clearance and it worked just fine. Saved our FE from walking away!!!

Oh and one more tip, if you make your own FE, make sure to use hot glue or superglue to secure the sring you hand it with to the bar the FE hangs from, if the string is just tied to the bar someone could easily untie it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmountainpals View Post
I think you're looking for a "zip tie" not a "zip line." A zip tie is a little piece of plastic that you circle around or through something and then put it through a hole on the end of itself and it locks. They're also called cable ties.

I posted the same question a few weeks back and someone was nice enough to let me know.

I got some at Walmart before our cruise on the 16th (which by the way was WONDERFUL!) They're very inexpensive. I think there were 18 or 20 in the pack for less than $2. They were in the automotive section.

I ended up not using one on our fish extender. No one bothered it, except that we did "lose" the letter R on it! Go figure. It was no where to be found on it, in the pockets of the FE or on the floor. Luckily I brought some extra letters with me just in case and it was easily fixed.

I did, however, find that the zip ties were perfect for locking our luggage!

Here's a pic of one....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
They are made by a DIS-er friend of mine who I have had the pleasure of cruising with twice. She is a doll, and extremely talented to boot.
Her name is Tiffany, she is Luvtheears on the Dis and Gradysmommy on eBay.

Yes, that is probably Tiffany's great work you have seen!

With the zip tie, we threaded the it through the string that hangs the FE and then around the base of the fish, securing it there. Be sure not to pull the tie too tight when securing it , or else you will have a lot of trouble cutting it off in the end. We left about 2" slack. Also, if the FE you buy doesn't have it, make sure you use a little bit of hot glue or super glue where the string it hangs from or connects to the dowel, as if it is unglued, a good yank by someone walking by will detach the string at the dowel, making the zip tie useless.

Hope that helps!!
Have a wonderful cruise!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
I never would've thought of that! Thanks for the great tip. We leave in just under 12 months for our cruise, so I need to start doing something every week so I'll be ready on time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: