Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #271
Soccermom-Cheri
one beachfront bungalow on Castaway Cay, please
oh, yes please, a big helping if Harrison Ford!
A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes!

I plan on taking the zip tie AND threading fish line behind the ribbon I use to hang it (I'm cutting a hole in the dowel and threading it thru) so someone can't just give it a yank - well, they'll have to yank pretty hard. If it goes missing, I'm sending my kids on a hunt!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:17 AM   #272
lesley.a.murray@talk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaneli View Post
I'm wondering if being in a busy corridor makes a difference.
I was wondering this too. I've just discovered the whole FE & magnets thing from the Board ( fabulous ideas) but we are on Deck 5 , only 4 doors along from the Oceaneers Club.
Do you think I'm setting myself up for trouble? I don't want my youngest DD to be upset if our stuff goes?

Taking them in at night would maybe help and the zip ties would be a good deterrent.

I wonder if I can change my stateroom?
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #273
gweeptrish
Mouseketeer

free fish extender

Or if you don't need a personalized one, I happen to have an extra. I made one to figure out the pattern and then I made a fancier one for my family. If you want it, PM me.

Probably wouldn't be hard at all to personalize it with some iron-on transfers.

-Trish
gweeptrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #274
ohanaMAMA
DIS Veteran

huh?

I am a first time cruiser.. what is a fish extender?
08' Mommy and Daddy ALONE on the WONDER!
'10 POR took our niece Patience with us!
'12 POFQ with the Reeses and the Stickles

ohanaMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #275
jcs wife
Earning My Ears

Fish extenders scoop

Hi Everyone,

I loved this idea of fish extenders. Next to your door is a fish that the crew and you communicate with and it is in the shape of a fish. What we did was make a material bag or like a letter divider made out of material, we hung these bags on the fish. Now the fun part is comming up. One person volunteers to head up the fish gift exchange (basically collect the names of the person interested in this exchange and write down their room number next to their names on a piece of paper). Pick a day that everyone get together on the ship, we met at the Promanade lounge, we were a small group of 14 so that was a perfect size room. During the meeting hand out a list of names and room numbers to everyone.
Lets say if 15 people sign up they get a list of names. Now the fun part. We bought little items like fancy post it notes and a lot of dollar store items of any type from your state. Once you have the list you go around and put little gift into everyone fish extender.
On the 1-19-08 cruise, it made it interesting because you didnt know who put what in your bag but it made it a surprise. if you have children you can put down on your list how many and ages if you want. Because the kids got excited to get toys in the fish extenders. or you can make it just adult its what ever your groups decides on.
In my gift bag I got the little celophane gift bags and put a lolipop in it that NC printed on it, and I put pencils and cute note pads in the bag and delivered it to everyones fish extenders.
If you look on the Dis boards report for that cruise some of the fish extenders are pictured on their reports.
This is not something you have to do but we had a blast shopping, delivering and receiving gifts. I hope this helps a bit. Have fun
jcs wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #276
cristit14
An older I am Dorky Wafflebrains
I really need to pay attention when I am walking
I named my goldfish Horsey and Donkey

You can see my fish extender on my door from our Dec07 cruise. One of the people on the cruise (thanks Stacie!!) made them for the group of about 6 families that was interested in the exchange. She did sew them, they are made out of felt. Really cute! We each brought things to put in the bags and I think all of us brought stuff for almost every day. It was a lot of fun!

cristit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #277
jcs wife
Earning My Ears

fish extender picture

The Thread with Tidefan has a picture of a fancy fish extender, they made a section for each person in their family. We made our with just one pocket and it work just fine.

The Thread with Chepic has a picture of all the participants for the fish extenders and the DIS board. After we got our list of room numbers and names we decided to take a group picture up the stairwell.

I do have one extra fish extender if anyone is interested in it just send me your name and address I will mail it to you.

When do you guys have your big day for fun and relaxation?

I know we just got done with our in Jan. but we are now planning our 3rd magic trip for Dec. 2008. Yippie
jcs wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #278
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

I wonder if you could glue antennae balls on the ends of the dowel to make the mickeys.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #279
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley.a.murray@talk View Post
I was wondering this too. I've just discovered the whole FE & magnets thing from the Board ( fabulous ideas) but we are on Deck 5 , only 4 doors along from the Oceaneers Club.
Do you think I'm setting myself up for trouble? I don't want my youngest DD to be upset if our stuff goes?

Taking them in at night would maybe help and the zip ties would be a good deterrent.

I wonder if I can change my stateroom?
We Loved deck 5!!! The only traffic outside your stateroom is from neighbors. I wish we could have gotten a stateroom there on our next trip.
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #280
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

While sharing ideas for making your own fish extenders is fine, for sale posts or anything advertising any item for sale violates the DIS board guidelines.

Thank you.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:55 AM   #281
lesley.a.murray@talk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
We Loved deck 5!!! The only traffic outside your stateroom is from neighbors. I wish we could have gotten a stateroom there on our next trip.
Oh thanks for the reassurance. I was getting a bit worried ('*** I picked the deck and room 5018 was the only Cat 8 left)

I'll just make sure I've got a ziptie and I think I'll print "The Murray Family" on everything and see if that makes them less attractive to others...unless their surname is Murray of course.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 AM   #282
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
I wonder if you could glue antennae balls on the ends of the dowel to make the mickeys.
I was wondering the same thing. I don't see why not. I have a stash of them that I picked up at the Disney Store for 50 cents each a while back. I couldn't pass them up at that price!
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #283
lesley.a.murray@talk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Smart thinking!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #284
mommy2777
Birthday Cruise!

where did you find the message in a bottle?
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #285
sarahsmom73

DIS Veteran

bump!

3/89 ~ Contemporary (1st trip ever)4/90 ~ Off site,4/04 ~Easter at the Dolphin,4/05~ POP DD and Mommy trip!11/05 ~ Thanksgiving at POP!!!11/07 Thanksgiving at the Dolphin!Our 1st cruise Double Dip at CC 8/08, 4/09 ~ BWI Surprise trip with all of us!!,3/10 Gi-gi's Redo at the Swan, 6/12 DCL 8nt NYC

sarahsmom73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: