Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #1876
Skipper Justin
Earning My Ears

Here is mine for my upcoming cruise! It is made up of a lot of glue haha!

Skipper Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #1877
LiseG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg4crzn View Post
Lol I totally get the name FE. I haven't been on a Disney cruise for a few years and could not figure out what a fish extender was or how it got that name. I understand the name but not sure of the "purpose". Looks really exciting. I decorate the door every cruise so this might be something new to try.
We were introduced to FEs our last cruise. First, you go find the Cruise Meet thread for the cruise you will be on. There you can meet lots of folks you will be cruising with. Someone will set up the FE. It's basically a gift exchange between those who want to play. The organizer makes a list of the participants with their cabin numbers, names, ages, etc. The everyone come up with something fun for all the rest. Some people make/buy a gift for the whole cabin, many make/buy gifts for each individual in the cabin. Usually the individual poctets on the FE have names on them, so you get the Princess gifts to the little girls and "Cars" to the boys.

Sometimes the giving is random... other organizers choose to assign specific delivery days so it spreads out evenly. Last time we were assigned the last night... so we did a heading home theme. We brought mini craft projects for each kiddo that could be done in the car/plane. For the grown-ups, we put a snack in their pockets. It's just like Christmas morning evey time you wake up and sometimes when you get back from dinner

Magic 4-Day Cozumel only - Sept 2004 (Booked as 7-Day Eastern - Thanks Hurricane Francis)
Magic 7-Day Semi-Western - Sept 2005 (Booked Eastern again - went West due to Hurricane Rita)
Magic 7-Day Eastern - Halloween 2006 (Finally made it to Eastern!)
Magic 7-Day Western - Sept 2009 (Ms. Mary's Wedding)
Wonder 7-Day Pacific Coast PIXAR - Sept 2012
LiseG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #1878
asmith1113
Mouseketeer

Quick and Super Cute!

For those saying they need it quick, I got mine super fast and great quality. It has bigger pockets than some of the other ones I've seen on the ships and our "treasures" all fit nicely, whereas I had some trouble delivering gifts to those with smaller, more shallow pockets. Search on ebay for Custom Fish Extender for Disney Cruises and you should find the one i mean. She has other styles available too, so just pm her if you need something custom. Happy FEing!
asmith1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #1879
binhpetit
Earning My Ears

Newbie - Hoping to get in on the FE and Gift Exchange FUN

Hello all,

I'm a newbie and trying to get the hang of the forum. We're cruising on the Disney Fantasy on 10/20. Can someone tell me if the FE / Gift Exchange group and schedules have already been assigned? I believe I signed up our family a while ago but didn't receive a PM : (. Hoping to get in on the fun...ready to get my craft on and make some cool gifts for the families.
binhpetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #1880
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by binhpetit
Hello all,

I'm a newbie and trying to get the hang of the forum. We're cruising on the Disney Fantasy on 10/20. Can someone tell me if the FE / Gift Exchange group and schedules have already been assigned? I believe I signed up our family a while ago but didn't receive a PM : (. Hoping to get in on the fun...ready to get my craft on and make some cool gifts for the families.
I would suggest going to your cruise meet thread and sending a PM to the person in charge of the FE gift exchange
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #1881
mcroadman
Mouseketeer

how wide can it be

I have a few ideas for a fish extender.. but I think it is too wide..
I see from photos it needs to be about 8 to 10 inches wide maybe .. otherwise it might be in the way...????
Got the gifts all done!

Magic out of Galveston! Oct. 6, 2012
WHAT AN EXCELLENT TRIP!
::
mcroadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #1882
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcroadman View Post
I have a few ideas for a fish extender.. but I think it is too wide..
I see from photos it needs to be about 8 to 10 inches wide maybe .. otherwise it might be in the way...????
Got the gifts all done!
I think it is 8 inches. Basically, there is a little wall space that is at maybe a 45 degree angle coming out from your stateroom door. It needs to fit there otherwise it will stick out into the hallway and people will bump it as they walk past. Don't want to poke anyone's eye out.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #1883
kristof65
Mouseketeer

I was researching width several hours last night to answer the same question. Best I could find was don't go wider than 8". There also may be a difference in the width available on the older ships and the newer ones. I saw some comments that the Fantasy and Dream are slightly narrower in that area, but I couldn't find a confirmation one way or the other, let alone a final width.

We're making ours 8" wide, and I'm going to hope for the best.
kristof65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #1884
DisneyFan907
Earning My Ears

Is it unusual for two adults to participate if they are sailing without children? I think this sounds like so much fun, but my boyfriend and I don't have kids.. we just are big kids!
DisneyFan907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #1885
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

On my upcoming cruise more than half the FE participants are traveling without children.

I am sure you will fit right in.
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #1886
heyshanny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan907
Is it unusual for two adults to participate if they are sailing without children? I think this sounds like so much fun, but my boyfriend and I don't have kids.. we just are big kids!
My husband and I participate every cruise and we don't have kids! Go for it! It's so fun!!

WDW- too many times to count! Last time 9/99
DCL- Wonder 11/08, Magic 1/12, Fantasy 2/13

Next up....Disney Magic 2/15!
heyshanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #1887
DisneyFan907
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
On my upcoming cruise more than half the FE participants are traveling without children.

I am sure you will fit right in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyshanny View Post
My husband and I participate every cruise and we don't have kids! Go for it! It's so fun!!
Alright, you guys have convinced me. This is our first cruise so I am just learning!
DisneyFan907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #1888
vleeth
I heart Disney

Anyone have pics of Christmas themed ones?
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #1889
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Not a holiday one, but....

I decided to make myself another, smaller FE for my solo cruise this December. It seemed silly to have a 4 pocket FE for just me and, since I am going alone, I could make this one a little more girly. I took inspiration from doombuggygrl74 (her post here) because I loved how girly the pink and leopard print was!

The Mickey head is from the DISigns board and after I printed it on iron-on transfer paper and put it on the FE, I went back with some adhesive backed rhinestones and went over the tiara part so it really sparkles.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #1890
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Not a holiday one, but....

I decided to make myself another, smaller FE for my solo cruise this December. It seemed silly to have a 4 pocket FE for just me and, since I am going alone, I could make this one a little more girly. I took inspiration from doombuggygrl74 (her post here) because I loved how girly the pink and leopard print was!

The Mickey head is from the DISigns board and after I printed it on iron-on transfer paper and put it on the FE, I went back with some adhesive backed rhinestones and went over the tiara part so it really sparkles.

Very cute!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: