Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #1816
maganspikes
sylerbugs

Does anyone no where the thread is to show what type of gifts people are getting in there FE. I need some ideas. I have ten months to get it together before we sail.

maganspikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #1817
tinkeringbells
Earning My Ears

Fe

Does anyone have a pattern for fish extenders? Want to try making one
tinkeringbells is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #1818
UfFamily
UfFamily

We are headed on our first Disney cruise!

We are headed on the Nov 3rd trip on the Fantasy... what is your favorite restaurant and why?
UfFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #1819
UfFamily
UfFamily

FE's

I would be grateful for a fe pattern as well and/or any tips in making your own?

Many thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #1820
UfFamily
UfFamily

Nov 3rd cruise

What was your favorite shipboard thing you did on the Fantasy cruise and do you plan to do it again?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #1821
UfFamily
UfFamily

fe gifts

I understand that great fe ideas are trinkets from your hometown and/or country and since we are coming from Steeler Country I plan to bring some fun black and gold gear!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #1822
UfFamily
UfFamily

fe

I think yours is just goregous! I hope ours turns out as well....
Old 07-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #1823
UfFamily
UfFamily

fe ideas

Thansk for sharing all the pics! You gave me - as a newbie - a great concept to start from...
Old 07-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #1824
MrHappy
Earning My Ears

Fe

I just noticed I needed to use my DVC points so I just booked a cruise to Alaska on Sept 3rd. I just found out about this and figured out how to make one really easy, but didn't know how to find out who else will be on the cruise also. Is there a place to go to plan and see who else might have a FE on a certain cruise?

For making it, I was just going to take 4 pieces of fabric, 1 shorter than the next, all 10" wide and the longest 15" long. Stack the longest on the bottom and then the shortest on top of that, lining up at the bottom. Next the second and third shortest. Then I staple them with industrial stapler for large stacks of paper. I have one at work. You can sew it if you want, I just found this easier. Once all bound, just turn it right side out. The bottom one will the the back and the second/shortest one will be the front. Iron it flat and add iron on decals.
If you have stiffer fabric for the back one it will make it hang straighter.
I added a nice nylon rope through one of the holes between the staples, ran it up to a large dowel that I cut a couple notches in, and it was done.

Hope this helps and thanks for any info.
MrHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #1825
sandracox67
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
I just noticed I needed to use my DVC points so I just booked a cruise to Alaska on Sept 3rd. I just found out about this and figured out how to make one really easy, but didn't know how to find out who else will be on the cruise also. Is there a place to go to plan and see who else might have a FE on a certain cruise?
Go into the Disney Cruise Line Meets section of the forum, find your cruise and look through the posts. There's probably someone in charge of the FE already.
sandracox67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #1826
StephandDick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
I finished mine last night and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The best part is that I had absolutely everything I needed, right down to the iron on transfer paper, in my stash - except for the black and white polka dot material which was a fat quarter I got at Walmart for 97cents.

I chose not to personalize it now since my cast of characters will be changing cruise to cruise. When I do, I'll probably print out and laminate the CM cruise ID tags that the designers on the DISign board personalize for people and then attach a safety pin to the back and attach to a pocket.

This is very cute! Great job and a good idea to be able to change the names. We are considering not personalizing for that very reason.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #1827
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

I have made 4 now for myself and friends for our upcoming cruise.

You can just use as a guide line and make your own decals or decorations for it. I found some disney themed material in a remnant bin once so got a great buy on it. Mine only cost me about $12 to make, I have a photo of it but don't know how to post it.

Supplies:

2 yards of fabric, two colors Ė one yard each. (I used 1 yard for the back and a quilting square for each pocket.)

Double fold bias tape- 2 packs (1 for the top of the pockets and 1 for the outside of the FE)

Dowell Rod

Iron-On Patches or transfer sheets (I printed my own images on transfer paper)

1 Package of Iron-On Interfacing

1 Package of Heat-n-Bond No Sew Ultra Hold 7/8 in. hem

1 Package of Heat-n-Bond No Sew 1 Yard

Various Colors of Ribbon

1. Cut fabric to be used as the body of the FE to be 20 in. wide by 36 in. in length. When folded the FE will be 10 in wide and 36 in. in length.
2. Cut fabric for the pockets, cut each pocket 18 in. wide by 12 in. in length. When folded each pocked will be 6 in. in length.
3. On the inside of the FE body piece and each pocket iron on the interfacing. Once cooled completely I ironed on the sheet of Heat-n-Bond cut 8 in. by 29 in. to the inside of the body of the FE.
4. On each of the folded pockets I made pleats so that the pockets were 2 in.-pleat-4 in.-pleat 2 in. To secure the pleats I used the Heat-n-Bond Ultrahold hem. This was done on the un-cut side so that the bottom edge would be folded and clean.
5. Next I used the heat-n-bond hem to add 18 in. strips of the double fold bias tape to the top of each pocket.
6. Next I lined up the pockets on the body of the FE starting 8 in. from the top and then about 1 in. apart. I market the spots with a pencil and secured the bottom and sides of the pockets using the heat-n-bond hem.
7. Once all cooled. I used the double fold bias tape for the perimeter of the body of the FE which again was secured using the iron on hem.
8. Once cooled I ironed on the patches to each of the pockets.
9. I then folded down the top of the FE about 2 inches and secured to the back of the FE by the iron-on hem creating a little opening to insert the dowel rod.
10. Using the multicolored ribbon I made it long enough so that the FE would hang approximately 7-8 in. from a hanger.
11. For our names I bough iron-on computer paper and printed the names on the computer. Then I cut and surrounded the paper with double fold bias tape attached using the iron-on hem. Finally I ironed on the name piece.

I think thatís all. Iíve never tried to write directions for anything like this before. Everything I used I bought from either Wal-Mart, Michaels, or Joannís Fabrics.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #1828
sandracox67
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffieldhockeymom View Post
I have made 4 now for myself and friends for our upcoming cruise.

You can just use as a guide line and make your own decals or decorations for it. I found some disney themed material in a remnant bin once so got a great buy on it. Mine only cost me about $12 to make, I have a photo of it but don't know how to post it.

Supplies:

2 yards of fabric, two colors Ė one yard each. (I used 1 yard for the back and a quilting square for each pocket.)

Double fold bias tape- 2 packs (1 for the top of the pockets and 1 for the outside of the FE)

Dowell Rod

Iron-On Patches or transfer sheets (I printed my own images on transfer paper)

1 Package of Iron-On Interfacing

1 Package of Heat-n-Bond No Sew Ultra Hold 7/8 in. hem

1 Package of Heat-n-Bond No Sew 1 Yard

Various Colors of Ribbon

1. Cut fabric to be used as the body of the FE to be 20 in. wide by 36 in. in length. When folded the FE will be 10 in wide and 36 in. in length.
2. Cut fabric for the pockets, cut each pocket 18 in. wide by 12 in. in length. When folded each pocked will be 6 in. in length.
3. On the inside of the FE body piece and each pocket iron on the interfacing. Once cooled completely I ironed on the sheet of Heat-n-Bond cut 8 in. by 29 in. to the inside of the body of the FE.
4. On each of the folded pockets I made pleats so that the pockets were 2 in.-pleat-4 in.-pleat 2 in. To secure the pleats I used the Heat-n-Bond Ultrahold hem. This was done on the un-cut side so that the bottom edge would be folded and clean.
5. Next I used the heat-n-bond hem to add 18 in. strips of the double fold bias tape to the top of each pocket.
6. Next I lined up the pockets on the body of the FE starting 8 in. from the top and then about 1 in. apart. I market the spots with a pencil and secured the bottom and sides of the pockets using the heat-n-bond hem.
7. Once all cooled. I used the double fold bias tape for the perimeter of the body of the FE which again was secured using the iron on hem.
8. Once cooled I ironed on the patches to each of the pockets.
9. I then folded down the top of the FE about 2 inches and secured to the back of the FE by the iron-on hem creating a little opening to insert the dowel rod.
10. Using the multicolored ribbon I made it long enough so that the FE would hang approximately 7-8 in. from a hanger.
11. For our names I bough iron-on computer paper and printed the names on the computer. Then I cut and surrounded the paper with double fold bias tape attached using the iron-on hem. Finally I ironed on the name piece.

I think thatís all. Iíve never tried to write directions for anything like this before. Everything I used I bought from either Wal-Mart, Michaels, or Joannís Fabrics.
Thanks for the info! Now I just have to get off my butt and get started!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #1829
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

thanks for all the great photos! while I do have an embroidery machine, it's a much older style and I don't have the disney fonts.

I may do Iron on to get the font, but add in some other elements like patches, etc.

Still trying to think of ideas, but keep the great photos coming. Remember to take them while on your cruise and post back here!
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #1830
sandracox67
Earning My Ears

Facebook page

Someone posted this on another thread - it's a Facebook page for FEs!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: