Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #1771
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByKnight View Post

I have finished my Fish Extender. I got a fleece blanket from Walmart and cut out the princesses. I then put some plastic cross stitch material on the back of each princess and after sewing on a backing I then stuffed and sewed each princess so that it was 3D. Then I attached each Character onto the runner with pockets behind each one. Total Cost $14 plus many hours of fun teaching myself how to sew again.
Very creative idea
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #1772
Disney Hot Mama
DIS Veteran
Onion haters unite!

found instruction for the FE but still have a question....

I found the instructions for making a FE. I see I am supposed to buy 1/4 yard of material. Then I attach iron-on fuseable webbing to the back. When I finish the FE, after sewing the pockets on etc, the back of the FE is the iron-on material correct? I don't see any instructions that you are supposed to put a backing on the FE. Initially I was thinking I ironed on the web and then put right sides together and sewed the sided and bottom and then turned in right side out. I looks like all the instructions skip this step. I know I could do it this way but if I can save a step may do so. My main question is if you turned your FE around would it be the web you see?
THX

Disneyland at least monthly BUT WDW July 16 - 22, 2011, June 21 - 29, 2009 - AKL and VWL here we come! OKW 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2002 , 1999 - FW & numerous trips as a kid!
Disney Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #1773
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hot Mama View Post
I found the instructions for making a FE. I see I am supposed to buy 1/4 yard of material. Then I attach iron-on fuseable webbing to the back. When I finish the FE, after sewing the pockets on etc, the back of the FE is the iron-on material correct? I don't see any instructions that you are supposed to put a backing on the FE. Initially I was thinking I ironed on the web and then put right sides together and sewed the sided and bottom and then turned in right side out. I looks like all the instructions skip this step. I know I could do it this way but if I can save a step may do so. My main question is if you turned your FE around would it be the web you see?
THX
Yes, if you did add the fusible webbing, if you turned it around, you would see it. If you use material that is stiff enough (I used some heavy denim as my backing) then you could skip the fusible webbing step.....however, it does help keep the FE "stiff and straight" because if you use something thinner for the backing, the FE would "sag" without the webbing...

Hope that makes sense and answers your questions...
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #1774
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Yes, if you did add the fusible webbing, if you turned it around, you would see it. If you use material that is stiff enough (I used some heavy denim as my backing) then you could skip the fusible webbing step.....however, it does help keep the FE "stiff and straight" because if you use something thinner for the backing, the FE would "sag" without the webbing...

Can you attach the link for the directions?
Thanks!
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #1775
Disney Hot Mama
DIS Veteran
Onion haters unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post

Thank you. I decided to add the webbing but then sewed two same size pieces together and sewed right sided together and then turned it right side out. I am almost done with it but don't have an embroidery machine so I don't know what I am going to put on the pockets. I am looking for Mickey's to iron on the pockets but I can do that after it is done. Will try to post a photo when done.

Disneyland at least monthly BUT WDW July 16 - 22, 2011, June 21 - 29, 2009 - AKL and VWL here we come! OKW 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2002 , 1999 - FW & numerous trips as a kid!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #1776
Disney Hot Mama
DIS Veteran
Onion haters unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
Can you attach the link for the directions?
Thanks!
I found them here on these boards but don't remember where. I will try to post later today after school..... I know I did a search but it did come up with lots of stuff and I had to weed through them.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #1777
disneynme
Mouseketeer

These are the directions I used for a No-sew FE. It was pretty simple and I found all the items I didn't have at WalMart. I already had material (which our Walmart also sells) and some felt that I used to make Mickey heads. I have to finish up a few things with it and then I'll post a picture.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=609

The FEs look bigger in the pictures. I was surprised at how small the pockets actually are. I'm a little worried about that.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #1778
doombuggygrl74
Earning My Ears

Here is the extender I made for our trip. It is just a hanging organizer I found at Walmart that had pockets on the front. I used the iron on backing with fabric that I liked for the Mickey head & then bought the .98 bandanas from Hobby Lobby & cut them into strips for the tie-ons. The rhinestones were originally made for customizing flip flop straps, I just cut them to fit & the feathers were hair clips I found. Since both my daughter & I have names that start with "M", I just bought two "M" pins & stuck them on. Hope this helps!

Here is a link to my album where you can see a couple of pis of my FE...
http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/...Cruise%202011/
Many Childhood VisitsOJune 1992-WDW-OffsiteODecember 2000-WDW & MVMCP Daughter's first trip-OffsiteODecember 2005-WDW & MVMCP at Wilderness LodgeODecember 2007-WDW & MVMCP at Wilderness LodgeOOctober 2008-WDW & MNSSHP-Caribbean Beach ResortODecember 2011-DCL, Mother/Daughter Christmas Cruise on the Dream & MVMCPO
doombuggygrl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #1779
wmharley
DIS Veteran

Location: Central-ish Florida. Roughly under an hour to Disney

here are some from our cruise.

the lack of using a smilie in any post of mine does NOT automatically mean the post was mean or in any way meant to offend you. Please do not be offended by anything I say and by the lack of a smilie.
wmharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #1780
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmharley View Post

WOW! These are really cute. I love them all. Are these ones that you have used on previous cruises or did you use all of them on the same cruise for different rooms? You did a great job
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #1781
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuggygrl74 View Post
Here is the extender I made for our trip. It is just a hanging organizer I found at Walmart that had pockets on the front. I used the iron on backing with fabric that I liked for the Mickey head & then bought the .98 bandanas from Hobby Lobby & cut them into strips for the tie-ons. The rhinestones were originally made for customizing flip flop straps, I just cut them to fit & the feathers were hair clips I found. Since both my daughter & I have names that start with "M", I just bought two "M" pins & stuck them on. Hope this helps!

Here is a link to my album where you can see a couple of pis of my FE...
http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/...Cruise%202011/
Gorgeous! My daughter would love this one! I may have to steal the idea!!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #1782
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmharley View Post

Wow! I love them all and it's giving me inspiration to get started on mine!
Thanks for taking photos of everyone's FEs...I will do that and post when I return. I think it's great for those of us who have never seen nor made an FE to get ideas!
Thanks also to everyone who has posted directions so I have a place to start. Well, after I visited Wal-Mart for supplies! My local Joann's didn't have any Disney ribbon and not really a good selection of Disney fabric!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #1783
Dream_2011
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
Wow! I love them all and it's giving me inspiration to get started on mine!
Thanks for taking photos of everyone's FEs...I will do that and post when I return. I think it's great for those of us who have never seen nor made an FE to get ideas!
Thanks also to everyone who has posted directions so I have a place to start. Well, after I visited Wal-Mart for supplies! My local Joann's didn't have any Disney ribbon and not really a good selection of Disney fabric!
check out this page at facebook, picture and idea for FE
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/***************/

3/12 Disney Fantasy
3/11 Disney Dream
12/09 Disney Wonder
4/07 Disney Magic
2/06 Disney Magic
2/05 Disney Wonder

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...4s2kngmz36.png
Dream_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #1784
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_2011 View Post
check out this page at facebook, picture and idea for FE
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/***************/
Thanks for the link!! I didn't know about this when I was searching for Disney sites!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #1785
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

I printed iron-on transfers of mickey heads and personalized them in PowerPoint before printing them. Just iron them onto your pockets and there's no need to embroider.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: