Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #1621
HigginsFamily3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassslipper2004 View Post
Me too.

I loved having the FE and all the anticipation, but now we're home and I've got this cute FE and nothing to do with it.
We haven't cruised yet but will be next month. I just made my FE and was thinking the same thing. I decided to go a little more generic on my FE (just embroidered our Last name at the top and our names on each pocket) so that I can use it in my kitchen to put mail, notes, etc in. It already really looks great but I can't wait to see it hanging on the little fish outside our stateroom. Just 40 days left before we leave for Florida! 1 week at WDW then a wonderful week on the Magic!

Hope this helps.

HigginsFamily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #1622
Mythicalbee
Swiss Family Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigginsFamily3 View Post
We haven't cruised yet but will be next month. I just made my FE and was thinking the same thing. I decided to go a little more generic on my FE (just embroidered our Last name at the top and our names on each pocket) so that I can use it in my kitchen to put mail, notes, etc in. It already really looks great but I can't wait to see it hanging on the little fish outside our stateroom. Just 40 days left before we leave for Florida! 1 week at WDW then a wonderful week on the Magic!

Hope this helps.
That's a great idea to use it for sorting everyone's post, knick-knacks, etc. We aren't putting our names on the FE - it will be blank - which looks a bit 'boring' but we're trying to create a little sense of privacy / security. I may just put first initials on everyone's pocket so at least there's an idea of whose is which!
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #1623
mimmi
DIS Veteran

I've just finished one of the two FEs I'm making. I hd some very frustrating moments as I'm not crafty at all, but I hve to say I'm proud of it

Old 09-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #1624
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post
I've just finished one of the two FEs I'm making. I hd some very frustrating moments as I'm not crafty at all, but I hve to say I'm proud of it

Too cute! Great job!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #1625
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

ADORABLE!!!!!!

I LOVE IT - Great job!

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

ge0rgette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #1626
Minnie Monellen
DIS Veteran

Love it!
Minnie Monellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #1627
kalikat420
Mouseketeer

Great job, Jessica!

kalikat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #1628
FairyGrandmother
Mouseketeer

I have just been reading this thread and wanted to say that we will soon be enbarking on our 6th DCL cruise and we have had different FEs for each. This has been necessary for 2 reasons. 1. We personalised them with the name of the ship and the date and 2. because each cruise has had a different complement of participernts. I have made some and bought others. This year as we have 2 cabins and needed 2 FEs I have again ordered them form gradysmommy on ebay. Last years were great and I am sure that I will not be disapointed this year.
At some point I intend to make one that is made up of sepearte parts so that all I will need to do is take it apart and rearange the parts to make a new whole. I love seeing the all the creative Ideas that everyone has, I wish I had a little more of that ability. My creative juises just don't flow. Maybe I will weave some pouches and hang them together to make one.
Anyway keep posting you all are great.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #1629
PRCMickey
Earning My Ears

I love all the FE I see on here. I thought I would share mine we used on our cruise to Alaska in August. I got a lot of my inspiration on here so I wanted to share with others. The only change I would make is our pockets are really deep because I made the back part first and didn't want to change it once I finshed it. So I just made bigger pockets with the fabric I had left over. http://
AS Music 1998, WDW (marching band) 2000, WDW (Choir-Magic Music Days) 2001, AS Sports (engagement trip) June 2006, POFQ/Disney Cruise (Honeymoon) June 2008 (Became DVC members at sea), Saratoga Oct. 2008, Disneyland (Paradise Pier)Aug. 2009, AK Villas Oct. 2009, Villas at Wilderness Lodge Oct. 2010, D23 Expo/ Disneyland Aug. 2011, Disney Wonder to Alaska Aug. 2011
PRCMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #1630
MykeTV
Earning My Ears

Just discovered this whole Fish Extenders thing after posting on the Disney Dream cruise meet thread for the 11/3/11 sailing. I literally have chills of excitement from how cool this all sounds! I always knew there were other fun people out there, just like me - and I think I've found them!
MykeTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #1631
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRCMickey View Post
I love all the FE I see on here. I thought I would share mine we used on our cruise to Alaska in August. I got a lot of my inspiration on here so I wanted to share with others. The only change I would make is our pockets are really deep because I made the back part first and didn't want to change it once I finshed it. So I just made bigger pockets with the fabric I had left over. http://

Very cute
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #1632
scorp111
DVC at AKL Owner

Our first ever FE... I like the job my wife did with it
scorp111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #1633
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp111 View Post

Our first ever FE... I like the job my wife did with it
Great job! She used the same background I did on mine.

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:32 AM   #1634
Mythicalbee
Swiss Family Robinson

Love your FE!!!! So bright and festive! Used the argyle as a backing for my FE... how do you post a picture of it? Finished mine and can't wait to show it off!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #1635
CambridgeClan
Earning My Ears

Help with Fe

I am sailing on the Fantasy April 4/14/2012 . This will be our family's 4 Disney cruise. We always see the fish Extenders and our children really want to be a part of it. We have 2 rooms I have found some great ones on ebay. However I don't no how are where to start talking to people on my cruise I am a newbee to DIS.

Hoping some on can help.
Thanks
Cambridge Clan
CambridgeClan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: