Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #1561
Makayna
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny........ A horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltTeddy View Post
Many go unnoticed....but that's life....I posted mine a while back and think I got a comment, maybe two, but it's not the end of the world. I don't see the big deal if people post more than once, or if others quote when they compliment on it and it shows up again in the quote. Guess I don't understand the big deal.
Well, if someone quotes it, that's fine, of course. But posting the finished product again and again, it's like "HEY! LOOK AT MY FISH EXTENDER! AGAIN!!!"
Old 08-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #1562
Mickeygolf
DIS Veteran

I still don't understand why you care if other people can benefit from it. Also, I went back and it looks like they posted it once a little over a week ago and then again right after yours. That's not really posting it over and over again. It just seems like you're upset it came right after yours. I just don't understand why it's that important to you.

By the way, I thought yours was pretty nice too!
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #1563
4flmoores
Earning My Ears

Is this made using the no sew instructions?
Thanks!
4flmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #1564
CrystalS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeygolf View Post
Whether you meant it to be mean or not it was IMO. And I'm glad they posted again if that is more than once because it's the first time I've seen it. This thread is so long so I only come in here every once in awhile and go straight to the last page of the thread. This is the first time I've seen this FE and it's really great and gave my daughter and I another idea.

If you don't like the post just go by it, don't have to be rude!!! Are you just upset because a really cool FE was posted right after yours??? It's just out of curiosity and not meant to be mean, but I don't understand why your asking the question.
I don't feel that she was being mean at all. Just pointing out something that bothered her. It's not like she put down the FE.
I can see both sides, posting once is enough, no need to flood the thread. But I don't think twice is a big deal either, and I probably wouldn't say anything about it unless maybe it got really out of hand.
Perhaps what makes it stand out more is that it is also re-posted in the quotes (no problem with that at all), so it probably just brings it to the posters mind more often and she was bothered by it.

No biggy, we each have things that bother us. Let's just put it behind us, no need to argue about it.
CrystalS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #1565
Minnie Monellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalS View Post
I don't feel that she was being mean at all. Just pointing out something that bothered her. It's not like she put down the FE.
I can see both sides, posting once is enough, no need to flood the thread. But I don't think twice is a big deal either, and I probably wouldn't say anything about it unless maybe it got really out of hand.
Perhaps what makes it stand out more is that it is also re-posted in the quotes (no problem with that at all), so it probably just brings it to the posters mind more often and she was bothered by it.

No biggy, we each have things that bother us. Let's just put it behind us, no need to argue about it.
I agree. Makayna, best wishes for a beautiful wedding and wonderful Disney honeymoon cruise!
Minnie Monellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #1566
nikicares
Creating Memories of a Lifetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makayna View Post
Just out of curiosity, and not meant to be mean, but I just don't understand... why do you keep posting the same Fish Extender over and over again?!
WOW didnt mean to offend anyone. I HAVE posted the picture of my FE on 3 different threads about FE's.... not everyone reads ALL the threads so I thought I would post where people was asking about them?

Not like I went to all 3 threads and posted it at one time... I posted on an older thread about 2 months ago, then posted it again on a different thread about a week ago, then on this tread yesterday.

I NEVER meant for it to be a "look at mine" type thing. I just wanted people to realize they dont have to get on ebay or have someone make it for them, there are many other ways to create a FE.

Sorry you wont have to see my FE again! Didnt mean to 'hog' the thread with my picture!

2000- Grand Floridian
2001- Polynesian
2002- Grand Floridian
2004 - Disney Wonder
2005 - Disney Wonder
2008 - Disney Magic
1/2011 - Disney Dream Maiden Voyage
9/2011 - Disney Dream
4/2012 - Disney Fantasy
8/2012 - Grand Floridian
9/2012 - Disney Dream
9/2013 - Disney Dream
nikicares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #1567
Makayna
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny........ A horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikicares View Post
WOW didnt mean to offend anyone. I HAVE posted the picture of my FE on 3 different threads about FE's.... not everyone reads ALL the threads so I thought I would post where people was asking about them?

Not like I went to all 3 threads and posted it at one time... I posted on an older thread about 2 months ago, then posted it again on a different thread about a week ago, then on this tread yesterday.

I NEVER meant for it to be a "look at mine" type thing. I just wanted people to realize they dont have to get on ebay or have someone make it for them, there are many other ways to create a FE.

Sorry you wont have to see my FE again! Didnt mean to 'hog' the thread with my picture!
I'm sorry if I came off a bit b*tchy. I'm in the height of wedding planning, so stress level is maxed out, and I knew I'd seen the same FE at least 3 times, and it just caught me wrong. Sorry for taking it out on you.

It IS a very nice FE, and it does look really great! You did a good job.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #1568
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry too, I held up a few posts this past weekend asking for help on mine --- it was frustrating.

Congrats on your wedding!!!

Have a good day all

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

ge0rgette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #1569
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Oh my goodness! You ALL have done great..especially all of you who are like us, and can't sew a stitch !!!! After our FE, my dd who made the bulk of it, really got motivated and bought herself a machine to learn how to sew!!!
So how cool is that? She was motivated to get sewing!!! This thread is totally about encouraging one anothers craftiness, getting ideas, sharing ideas, giving helps, and using old ones too! Because of this thread, we tried our own FE instead of buying. But it also gives folks a place to find out WHERE to buy and where someone can go if they don't want to make one! Thanks everyone for showing your talent...hopefully, it'll encourage someone else who thinks they can't do it...to go ahead and try!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #1570
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Here is mine from our PC cruise. I just searched the thread and realized that I had not posted it on this thread before:

It was very lovingly sewed by hand, lol. The lettering is done with cardstock on my Cricut. The ends of the dowel rod are the ends a of party favor Slinky Dog. I wrapped a wire around the rod to make the slinky. The monkeys and fishing line form the holder for the rod.
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt E w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt WBPC; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt E w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt W w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt W w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #1571
Makayna

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Here is mine from our PC cruise. I just searched the thread and realized that I had not posted it on this thread before:
I LOVE THIS!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #1572
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

NICE!!!!

I'm still trying to put initials on my mickey heads! LOL
Bought glittered blue, they didn't have red, initials and letters, but they look icky!
LMAO!

I'm in the process of cutting out initials with a scissor and some glitter foam!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #1573
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post

It was very lovingly sewed by hand, lol. The lettering is done with cardstock on my Cricut. The ends of the dowel rod are the ends a of party favor Slinky Dog. I wrapped a wire around the rod to make the slinky. The monkeys and fishing line form the holder for the rod.
Toooo cute! Your creativity is great! Loved the slinky dog, monkeys, and well, just everything! Way to think 'outside of the box'!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #1574
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

hehehehe I've looked at this 3x already and LOVE IT !!!!
I can't stop looking - so many great ideas on this board..

Too bad mine isn't done yet! hehe

Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #1575
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0rgette2 View Post
NICE!!!!

I'm still trying to put initials on my mickey heads! LOL
Bought glittered blue, they didn't have red, initials and letters, but they look icky!
LMAO!

I'm in the process of cutting out initials with a scissor and some glitter foam!
Do I remember that you have a Cricut? Why not cut the names out in vinyl? I get mine free from a local sign shop that gives me their scraps. Their scraps are huge pieces to me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: