Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
Off to Neverland 7
Mouseketeer

Disney Dream Couple Anniversary Trip Q's and Tips

Alrighty Disney friends,

DBF and I are 52 days away from our first sailing on the Dream and I'm already feeling like 4 nights won't nearly be enough to experience everything. I've done so much research on what to do, what not to do, what to pack, fish extenders, and everything in between and I'm already on the search for another cruise lol! I do have a few questions for you all and would love any additional suggestions I may have missed to make this the BEST first experience possible for us as this is an anniversary trip and Christmas present to ourselves.

- Is the Rainforest day pass worth getting? Is it co-ed? We're concerned about time and would probably try it out on our Nassau day (no excursions booked on Nassau this trip)

- We've got Palo Brunch and Palo Dinner booked. Is that overkill? I've read all debates on which is better, sounds like brunch is better.

- The fish extender group we're in is working out a private Mixology class. We're considering this but I'm allergic to certain types of alcohol (Tequila & Vodka). Would it be worth trying the experience if I can't try some drinks?

- Any other suggestions for an adults only trip?

The excitement is REAL! I've been trying my best to not count down each day but I can't help it! I feel like a kid all over again Gosh, I love Disney. Thank you DISers for creating a place where I can cultivate my craziness and love for the mouse without driving my family crazy

Off To Neverland

Disneyland Resort 1993-2000 & Passholder 2004-2014
Caribbean Beach Resort July 2001
Paradise Pier Resort 2009, November 2014
Grand Californian April 2010
Pop Century Sept 2012 & Sept 2013
Disneyland Hong Kong July 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas & Universal's Cabana Bay Sept 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream Feb 2015!!

Off to Neverland 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
RHSTigerMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off to Neverland 7 View Post
Alrighty Disney friends,

DBF and I are 52 days away from our first sailing on the Dream and I'm already feeling like 4 nights won't nearly be enough to experience everything. I've done so much research on what to do, what not to do, what to pack, fish extenders, and everything in between and I'm already on the search for another cruise lol! I do have a few questions for you all and would love any additional suggestions I may have missed to make this the BEST first experience possible for us as this is an anniversary trip and Christmas present to ourselves.

- Is the Rainforest day pass worth getting? Is it co-ed? We're concerned about time and would probably try it out on our Nassau day (no excursions booked on Nassau this trip)

I bought a Rainforest day pass on our last cruise and never used it. I was always doing other things. You could get two passes and go at the same time.

- We've got Palo Brunch and Palo Dinner booked. Is that overkill? I've read all debates on which is better, sounds like brunch is better.

I prefer Palo brunch myself. If you can get a dinner at Remy, I would go with that option for dinner. I would also see if you could get Remy dinner on your Animator's Palate MDR night. IMHO, AP is loud and obnoxious.

- The fish extender group we're in is working out a private Mixology class. We're considering this but I'm allergic to certain types of alcohol (Tequila & Vodka). Would it be worth trying the experience if I can't try some drinks?

We did a private Mixology on our Wonder cruise and it was sooo much fun! We didn't have any tequila drinks (that's a separate tasting) but I would definitely let the organizer know about the vodka allergy so maybe the bartender can do a different drink for you.

Have fun and relax! We're doing an adult-only on the Dream in May and I can't wait!

The excitement is REAL! I've been trying my best to not count down each day but I can't help it! I feel like a kid all over again Gosh, I love Disney. Thank you DISers for creating a place where I can cultivate my craziness and love for the mouse without driving my family crazy

Off To Neverland

Disneyland Resort 1993-2000 & Passholder 2004-2014
Caribbean Beach Resort July 2001
Paradise Pier Resort 2009, November 2014
Grand Californian April 2010
Pop Century Sept 2012 & Sept 2013
Disneyland Hong Kong July 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas & Universal's Cabana Bay Sept 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream Feb 2015!!

See my comments above!
RHSTigerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Alrighty Disney friends,

It's a great relaxing spa visit for a few hours. It is co-ed, they may want you to get the unlimited pass, but I'd just get the day pass.

Pretty much every cruise we've taken since the first one we've done both brunch and dinner, love them both. I'm not a huge french food fan, so Remy doesn't appeal.

Like the PP said, just mention the allergy to the bartender and see what they can whip up. Or, don't worry about doing the Mixology. We're not big drinkers, so haven't ever worried about it.

We loved doing the adult cabaret shows (may not really have any on the Dream), and hanging out in the adult area after the stage shows. It's also nice to hang out in Quiet Cove, just relaxing and reading for a bit.

We just did an adults only cruise on the Magic, it was awesome!
Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
MouseFan88
Earning My Ears

Congratulations on your anniversary cruise! My husband and I just finished a 4-night Dream cruise celebrating his 30th birthday and we loved it. We didn't get Rainforest Passes. For the price, we didn't feel like we would use them enough. And we didn't feel like we were missing out, so I'm happy with that decision.

For Palo, dinner and brunch is definitely NOT overkill Your crazy amounts of research and preparation sound incredibly similar to what I did, and I went into the cruise thinking Palo dinner would be nice, but brunch would be killer. I was shocked that both my husband and I enjoyed dinner much more than brunch. He even said it was the best meal of his life! Certainly don't cancel either one of them - they are both worth the upcharge and the time spent.

My only other suggestion for an adults-only cruise is to take advantage of the times that most of the kids on board are still in bed. Most kids aren't used to staying up late at night, and as a result the mornings onboard are like ghost towns as everyone is recovering in bed. Especially on Castaway Cay, get off the boat as soon as the all-clear announcement is made (around 8:30). If you get room service breakfast, you can wake up at 8, eat, and get off by 8:30 pretty easily. Do whatever activities on the family beaches you want to do (we snorkeled), and then as the crowds start to emerge between 10 and 11, make your way to Serenity Bay which will still feel like your own little slice of beach heaven.
MouseFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Yes, the rainforest room is co-ed. And it is NOT private. Just in case that's what you were getting at...
Old 12-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
Lauren1027
Earning My Ears

Are you going on the January 30th Dream cruise? My boyfriend and I are also celebrating our anniversary AND our first cruise and this is the sailing we are going on
Old 12-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
Off to Neverland 7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1027 View Post
Are you going on the January 30th Dream cruise? My boyfriend and I are also celebrating our anniversary AND our first cruise and this is the sailing we are going on
We're sailing on the February 2 Dream Cruise and will be staying at WDW for the first few days before Have a BLAST on your cruise!
Off to Neverland 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1027 View Post
Quote:
We're sailing on the February 2 Dream Cruise and will be staying at WDW for the first few days before Have a BLAST on your cruise!
We are doing a back-to-back and will be on both cruises. We are DCL vets and celebrating DH 70th birthday. Have fun both of you.

shoes99 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adults only, disney dream, first cruise, tips and tricks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: