Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
sjv919
Mouseketeer

We've had some stuff come up and can no longer go on our 4 night Bahama cruise. The semester for my SO's college starts earlier than we thought and we have a two week window between semesters. We can't afford to move it to another 4 night during that time or even during winter break, due to work black out dates and such. We could afford a 3 night in those two weeks but I have serious reservations about spending that much money for 2 days on a ship. It's only 2 of us going, two adults.

I'm looking for advice and/or other people's experience with the value of a 3 night cruise and whether or not it's worth then money and time?
Old 01-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London UK : Q: Why can't Elsa watch her movie on TV? A: Because her picture was Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
We've had some stuff come up and can no longer go on our 4 night Bahama cruise. The semester for my SO's college starts earlier than we thought and we have a two week window between semesters. We can't afford to move it to another 4 night during that time or even during winter break, due to work black out dates and such. We could afford a 3 night in those two weeks but I have serious reservations about spending that much money for 2 days on a ship. It's only 2 of us going, two adults.

I'm looking for advice and/or other people's experience with the value of a 3 night cruise and whether or not it's worth then money and time?
Your time is up to you and your priorities, I say three days on a ship is good.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
aprincessatlast
Mouseketeer

Is this your first DCL cruise?

Personally yes I think a 3 day is great as long as your are not on a whirlwind trip. We loved ours and it was what got us hooked. Take advantage of the first day and get there first thing and get on the ship asap. Also the key I think is adding a day or two in Orlando or surrounding beach area. Also book a 4 or 7 day while on board so you don't feel too bummed when getting off. lol
aprincessatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #4
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

There is nothing wrong with a 3 night sailing! Take advantage of it and enjoy it. I've done two "girls only" 3 night sailings and then also we went on the Magic after she was re-imagined for a 3 night sailing and I have no regrets at all. Sure the longer sailings are nice, but sometimes the budget and calendar says otherwise

As a matter of fact, next Spring Break, it was a HUGE difference in the 4 night Dream/Magic and the 3 night Magic so we booked the 3 night Magic - no brainer. We'll add the parks before and put that extra $1000 savings to good use.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013. Next: 10/2015 WDW/MNSSHP/F&W
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

Three days are better than no days in my book. But you say you have serious reservations about it. That alerts me that maybe you are better off not going. However, I agree with the previous poster. Dont try to make a whirlwind out of it. If you go, go with relaxing in mind. Pick a few activities and dont try to do everything. You will have a much better time if you go into it with that type of attitude. Good luck on your decision

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:18 PM   #6
sjv919
Mouseketeer

I meant to say thanks a while ago but forgot, so thank you for your opinions!

I ended up deciding to go back to college as well and canceling tonight instead of going with the 3 night cruise, since for the amount of money we would have spent I can pay for a semester of classes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: