Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
indydisneymama
Earning My Ears

Character greetings

We will be first time Disney cruisers on the Dream Oct.19-23. Does anyone know if Anna&Elsa have been on the ships? Also, how long is a "normal" wait time at the character greetings? Trying to prepare my 3 yr.old and myself mentally...HAHAHA. Thanks for the help.
indydisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
Ladybugx87
Earning My Ears

When we did the Magic, our average wait was less than 10 minutes. My DD was 3 at the time and she liked to try to arrive 5 minutes before the start time and watch the character arrive. We usually were first 5 people in line.

The princess gathering had a much longer line. We probably waited 30 minutes but all the girls were playing and chatting so daughter did ok. Just make sure to have a bathroom break before .

I can't answer Anna and Elsa.
Ladybugx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
RRBB
I think I'm in the mood for Tonga Toast
You're really corrupting our little dragon!
I could use a relaxing dip in a chocolate hot tub

We're just off the Fantasy and got to meet the VP that's in charge of programming, including characters, on the ship. (I wish I could remember his name but it slips me.) Anyway, he said at this time Anna & Elsa are NOT scheduled to be on the Dream. They're still trying to work out the logistics since the Dream cruises are only 3 & 4 days in length.

On the other ships the meet & greet for A&E occurs on sea days. But in order to meet them you have to get a ticket on boarding day for an assigned return time on another day. (The chaos if they didn't do it this way would be incredible.) It really ran smoothly and didn't feel rushed. Plus there was no long line to wait in, just show up at the time printed on your ticket.

Honestly, meeting A&E was the most enjoyable character meeting on the Fantasy because for all others the lines were incredibly long. And don't get me started about the Princess Gathering line - it was crazy long and lasted over an hour and a half. Thankfully we were near the beginning, but we still waited over 30 minutes before the princesses even came out.

The VP said they're actually trying to figure out ways to make all character meeting lines shorter. That would be nice!

<--- CLICK HERE!

Robin

Sep-08 VAKL: 2 nights (DVC) ~Aug-08 Magic 15-day EB Repo Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-07 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-06 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-06 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-05 SSR: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-04 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ May-04 VWL: 9 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-03 GC: 4 nights ~ May-03 BCV: 8 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-03 Wonder 4-day S.S. Member Cruise (DVC) ~ Jan-03 BCV: 3 nights (DVC) ~ Oct-02 Polynesian: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Royal Pacific Resort: 3 nights ~ Apr-02 BWV: 7 nights (DVC) ~ Hard Rock Hotel: 1 night ~ Oct-01 Magic 7-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Oct-00 OKW: 5 nights (DVC) ~ Feb-00 Wonder 3-day Cruise (DVC) ~ Apr-99 Contempory: 4 nights ~ Feb-99 OKW: 2 nights ~ Aug-98 GF: 3 nights
RRBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The announcement from DCL about Anna and Elsa was that they would be on the Magic, Fantasy, & Wonder, not the Dream. Their M&G is being handled with tickets picked up at GS with assigned times in a closed off location, unlike the other M&Gs. Get to the line 5 minutes prior and it won't take you long at all. If you can stand in line for the princess one and have someone else walk DD3 around that will work. They can bring DD to you before you get to the front of the line. Call the PALS line onboard after the show to get the next day's schedule.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #5
SlickWilly
Earning My Ears

On our June 2014 cruise on the Dream, most lines were 10-15 minutes, though some were shorter. Didn't wait for formal night M&G or Princesses, so not sure how long those were.
SlickWilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: