Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
ReadingMama
Mouseketeer

Back from CSR

Back from our 1st trip to WDW - a short one though, only three nights. We booked CSR before I knew about DIS or Buzz's website (which was very helpful btw) - we picked it b/c it is the only mod to have a gym and my dh wanted a gym.

Arrive 11am and NO lines or check-in. Room not ready yet, which we expected, but CM does tell me we will be in Casitas 5, as requested! Request two bed railings, in addition to pack-n-play had requested at reservation time. Quick stop in bathrooms - unfotunately both dirty and not nice at all - mens room must have been bad for dh to bring it up.

Drive around to Casistas 5, resort absolutely beautiful!! Jump right on a bus and off we go. Come home later than we expected and cranky as on bus ride home we realize that we lost cell phone at MGM. Find out room number, but my card key does not work, use dd's. Room is larger than I expected, but there is NO bedrailings or pack-n-play Called mousekeeping, it took awhile but the bedrails were finally delivered (decided against pack-n-play).

DH goes to El centro to meet nice MGM CM returning our phone , Brings my card key so it can get fixed. You would think the CM's would check it all out, but find out next day it doesn't work for dining plan (use dd's again) and find out last day it doesn't work to charge purchase (can't use dd's b/c its a childs) - not happy about that!! It did always work fine for letting me in parks though.

Loved the buses, we never waited more than 5 minutes and they were never crowded. We had a problem coming home one night when a driver took a looong time to get a wheelchair on the bus, but I think the drivers work for all the resorts (we had the same wheelchair girl three times, the other two the drivers were quick). The loong wait was worsened by the gate at CSR not opening and another long wait for the bus driver to try to fix that...

The pool was nice, smaller than I expected, but plenty big enough for us and not crowded. The temple was having work done, so there was a big cardboard wall around the bottom, but it was still pretty from afar. The walk from casistas 5 to the Dig Site is very short, and quite beautiful.

We did not end up eating at CSR so I can't comment on that. I was hoping to at least see Pepper Market, but it didn't work out.

We did get woken up our last night by drunken people, don't know if they were convention goers or vacationers. Sounded like teenagers, but I never saw them. In general though I don't mind the thought of convention goers because I do think it keeps the buses and pool relatively empty.

Overall, our stay was nice, but not great. We would go back though as the buses were great, it is beautiful and having a gym is important to dh.

8/06 - 1st trip - CSR - Free Dining and Magical Beginnings
8/08 - AKL - Free Dining
ReadingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome back!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
HACAM
Mouseketeer

I am completely amazed at how many different reports there are for this resort, I have read a number of reports from a number of different resorts and none of them are as varied as CSR....I just don't get it!

I hope we have a great stay while we are there, I have to admit, I am getting a little concerned, we stayed at POR in March and absolutely loved it, soooooo I am hoping we love CSR too.

Anywhooo...we leave in 9 days!!!
HACAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #4
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HACAM
I am completely amazed at how many different reports there are for this resort, I have read a number of reports from a number of different resorts and none of them are as varied as CSR....I just don't get it!

I hope we have a great stay while we are there, I have to admit, I am getting a little concerned, we stayed at POR in March and absolutely loved it, soooooo I am hoping we love CSR too.

Anywhooo...we leave in 9 days!!!
Last July we stayed at POR and absolutely loved it. This year we stayed at CSR and will not go back. The buses are definately much better at CSR than POR but other than that, I can't say much. I think a lot of the problem is the size of the resort. I think based on which building you are in you get different service. It would not surprise me (because of the very different reviews) if different buildings were managed by different people, almost run completely independantly. That is the only thing that really makes sense to me and I think it is more than it just being a matter of preference based on personality types. Some people rave about the service they receive and others complain about how bad it was. If I had it to do over again, I would go with a resort that has a more reliable customer satisfaction rating.

In the end you will have a great trip. Just enjoy.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:56 AM   #5
dolphin01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2
Last July we stayed at POR and absolutely loved it. This year we stayed at CSR and will not go back. The buses are definately much better at CSR than POR but other than that, I can't say much. I think a lot of the problem is the size of the resort. I think based on which building you are in you get different service. It would not surprise me (because of the very different reviews) if different buildings were managed by different people, almost run completely independantly. That is the only thing that really makes sense to me and I think it is more than it just being a matter of preference based on personality types. Some people rave about the service they receive and others complain about how bad it was. If I had it to do over again, I would go with a resort that has a more reliable customer satisfaction rating.

In the end you will have a great trip. Just enjoy.
I've stayed at both and there is no comparison. CSR wins hands down! Better pool, transportation, food and landscaping. POR looks run down and old in comparison.
dolphin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #6
huey578
Test Track Dummy

We will be staying at CSR next month!!

WDW Commando Member #201
huey578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #7
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

We loved CSR last week...loved, loved, loved it.

I didn't mind the size of the resort since I walk a minimum of 4 miles a day...the walk there didn't seem like much.

We had *no problems* with cleanliness, either...our room was always clean and tidy after housekeeping was there. She also left us lots of towels and tons of soap and little shampoos, but I'm chalking that up to leaving her a tip.

Pepper Market was very, very good; we didn't wait in any long lines be it for check in, busses, or anything else; and all of the CM's were very friendly.

I can totally understand how guests wouldn't return if they had a bad experience, but I would definitely put CSR on the top of my list to stay when we return.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
ReneeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeA
We loved CSR last week...loved, loved, loved it.

I didn't mind the size of the resort since I walk a minimum of 4 miles a day...the walk there didn't seem like much.

We had *no problems* with cleanliness, either...our room was always clean and tidy after housekeeping was there. She also left us lots of towels and tons of soap and little shampoos, but I'm chalking that up to leaving her a tip.

Pepper Market was very, very good; we didn't wait in any long lines be it for check in, busses, or anything else; and all of the CM's were very friendly.

I can totally understand how guests wouldn't return if they had a bad experience, but I would definitely put CSR on the top of my list to stay when we return.
Great review...welcome back!!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: