Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
penguingirlie
Mouseketeer

The Good and Bad of Coronado Springs

We just got back last night and I thought I would post a quick review. I had requested Cabanas 9b several months ago and actually heard my travel agent call and have it noted on the reservation. We checked in and found that not only did they not have the request but we were but in the Casitas far away from everything. I had ordered a basket from Peggy and it had already been delivered to the room. We were told we couldn't move rooms because of that. When my pregnant self discovered how far I would have to walk to the buses I made my DH call and see about changing. We asked for 9B but were flexible. They told us that the Tom Joyner had all of those rooms booked for a year. We asked for several more areas close to a bus stop and waited about 30 minutes. She finally came back and told us that she put us in 9b. We were in 9557 which was a corner room. It was the closest to the bus stop and perfect. I was much happier. We had towel animals in the windows. We never got any new ones though. I think these were made and left in the windows. They had some dust on them. Bus service was great. We never waited more than 10 minutes and only had to stand up once. We loved the Pepper Market and shared quite a few breakfast meals there. My only other complaint wasn't the fault of Coronado Springs. It was the tour group that was there. I am sure that it wasn't all of them but we seemed to always run into the rude ones. They were everywhere and rude about things. They would cut in line, push you out of the way getting onto buses, and demand they get served before everyone else. The biggest problem was the Magical Express yesterday. They all showed up about 10 minutes before their bus was due to leave for the airport to check in for their flights. They all pitched huge fits when they couldn't get on. It took us an hour to check in and our flight didn't leave until last night. I don't blame the resort and overall we loved Coronado Springs and are planning to return. It was totally as good or better than the reviews I had read here. I think that without a huge tour group it would have been perfect!
September 2007 Pop Century for DD's first trip!!!
May 2009 First Trip as Family of 4!

[/url]Me(31) DH (36) DD (3) DS (2)
penguingirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguingirlie
I don't blame the resort and overall we loved Coronado Springs and are planning to return. It was totally as good or better than the reviews I had read here. I think that without a huge tour group it would have been perfect!
Welcome back and thanks for sharing!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Kathy C
Mouseketeer

We've stayed several times at Coronado and loved it. We've been DVC members since 2000 and wish we could stay there on points (we could but wouldn't make sense - too many points). After Boardwalk that's probably our favorite resort.
Kathy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Caren
Yo ho, yo ho...

Glad you had a good time. The Coronado experience does seem to vary a lot, depending on which tour group is there. I like to ask for a room near the main pool and the number 4 bus stop. That way, we're close to swimming and transportation and never have to deal with the main building.

I notice that you liked the Pepper Market and I've seen many good reviews of it, leading me to wonder what happened to the place when we were there with a convention the second week of August and the food was most definitely not good. A bad week? A different manager?
Caren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
mx55mom
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********
Welcome back and thanks for sharing!!
LOVE your site Buzz!!! What a wealth of information and beautiful pictures. Trying to find out the best time to go between the dates of 2/24/07 and 3/7/07, or is it pretty crowded all winter/spring? I remember early Feb being not as crowded as mid March.

Disney Honeymoon - 5/81, FW home 2/90, PO 2/92, FW campground 3/95, CBR 2/05, CBR 3/06, Off site 2/07, POR 10/08
mx55mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
angelmav
DIS Veteran

Is there a website to order those gift bags from? that sounds like a great idea to have one waiting in your room!
angelmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
PamNC
A burger is a burger, right
I'd rather go down to Florida, visit Mickey and get some sand in my shoes

thanks!

Thanks for the report - we'll be at CSR 11/18 - 11/26. Haven't stayed there since 1998. That Tom Joyner reunion sounds AWFUL. I wonder if they do that the same time each year? I think so because I've heard it on the radio before. If so, I shall avoid that like the plague.

We're going to request Ranchos. We've only stayed in Cabanas thus far. Our goal is the opposite of yours, but I'm not pregnant. LOL! We want to be as far away from the main area as possible because we like the walk.

PamNC
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #8
HACAM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamNC
We're going to request Ranchos. Our goal is the opposite of yours, but I'm not pregnant. LOL! We want to be as far away from the main area as possible because we like the walk.

PamNC
We are with you on that thought. It is just DH and I and another couple for our upcoming trip this month (only 9 days away), and we want to be farther away from the main entrance, and perhaps enjoy the walk around the resort.

HACAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 AM   #9
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeA
Wow! I'm shocked. We were just at CSR from 8/27-9/3 and absolutely loved it. We were in Cabanas 9B and it was quiet and peaceful. Midweek, the Tom Joyner family reunion guest moved in, but while we noticed more people there, we didn't ever have a noise problem, and everyone we encountered was more than nice and friendly.

The thing I liked best about CSR was that we never waited more than 7 minutes for a bus, and we only encountered a very full bus once - right after Illuminations one night, and that certainly is to be expected. Other than that, there was always a seat for the 4 of us on the busses.
Different strokes, I guess.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #10
abner1776
DIS Veteran

Thats the problem in choosing a convention resort when you are not part of a convention. Your group of 2 or 4 gets overwhelmed when 100 conventioneers show up at the same time wanting to get to MK or Epcot...and they all want to go on the same bus !!!!

I am sure CSR is a fine resort, but when I go to WDW, the last thing I want is to run into a bunch of conventioneers with little interest in Disney in general...sign me up for WL, Poly, BW or AKL instead.
abner1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #11
modernscarlett
Disney Is My New Obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner1776
Thats the problem in choosing a convention resort when you are not part of a convention. Your group of 2 or 4 gets overwhelmed when 100 conventioneers show up at the same time wanting to get to MK or Epcot...and they all want to go on the same bus !!!!

I am sure CSR is a fine resort, but when I go to WDW, the last thing I want is to run into a bunch of conventioneers with little interest in Disney in general...sign me up for WL, Poly, BW or AKL instead.
I went ahead with CSR because I'll be there Thanksgiving week, and I don't think any conventions are scheduled, so I can enjoy all it has to offer without any conventioneer episodes, hopefully! It just looks so beautiful! I can't wait to get there.
modernscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner1776

That never happens at CSR.Conventioneers are not like tour groups. Conventioneers rarely take a bus, that's why they are mostly empty along with the pool. They spend most of their time during the day doing convention stuff.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #13
sherreis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernscarlett
I went ahead with CSR because I'll be there Thanksgiving week, and I don't think any conventions are scheduled, so I can enjoy all it has to offer without any conventioneer episodes, hopefully! It just looks so beautiful! I can't wait to get there.
Same with us. I figured there wouldn't be any conventions Thanksgiving week and that there would be more kids around for mine to play with (the little bit of time we'll be hanging out at the resort).
Old 09-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #14
KickTheSky
Resident Coaster Enthusiast

Let me guess. Was the rude group you were referring to the Tom Joyner Family Reunion? We had several problems with them at Animal Kingdom on the day they were doing that park.

Next trip, Sept 2007, DD Graduation Present trip to WDW!!

KickTheSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #15
Hope73
DIS Veteran

Thanks

Thanks so much for your review I am calling the hotel directly for a room location.
Hope73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: