Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #301
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,191

Read the whole thing today. Great report. My DS was the same way with the characters as your DS. I am hoping that this year will be a little different.
Can;t wait to hear more
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 04-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #302
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

Thanks Nab and Jcc -
Nab - Yeah, I think I'd take the early mornings over teenageritis!!!!

Jcc - ME TOO!! I keep "testing" him with local characters to see if he is past it yet. I'm sad to report that he still didn't want to get near the Easter Bunny. He will be 3 in June. I remember that three was the magic number for my daughter. I knew that when she was willing to hug the rat at Chuck E. Cheese that we were good for the Mouse!
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #303
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,191

Ds is 3.5 and loved Santa this year, but want NO PART of the Easter Bunny, unles he was on the other side of the room. Last year we thought we were going to be okay becasue we took him to Sesame Place and he ran right up to Elmo and gave him a big hug. No such luck at WDW We notice that he does better with characters who can get down to his level - Hence the Stitch pic in my avatar
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #304
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor
 
kpk89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Running around in circles
Posts: 2,339

Good to see you back, Amy! Birthday borg ... lots of pixie dust headed toward your little NoFear!
__________________
Kim
kpk89 is offline  
Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #305
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran
 
nicolemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 800

OK Amy, I'm taking good notes on this birthday thing.

It sounds JUST LIKE the day I have planned for my little man on his birthday in May. Two character meals, full on spoiling...you know the drill.

I love the idea of the T-shirt - I hadn't thought of that!!

Still enjoying your report!!

NM
__________________

NicoleMarie
____________________________________

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

nicolemarie is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #306
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money
 
MommyPoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In a state of constant chaos
Posts: 4,695

I just got started reading this!

It's great!

Your little ones are so sweet and your niece is adorable!

What time did you finish up at Crystal Palace? We used to be able to get a 8am ADR and be done by the time they were letting people in...I just don't think we can do that anymore.
__________________
MommyPoppins is offline  
Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 PM   #307
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Bump!!!!




We want more!!!

Really enjoying this report!!!
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #308
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

Just a few quick notes. I think I have thought of where my notes are. At work.

NM and Meanest Mama ~ her birthday was very special, and she felt special. Lots more magic to come! And the birthday shirt was great, although she also ended up with TWO birthday buttons! Lots of "Happy Birthday Princess" comments were had!

MP ~ we had an 8:05 ADR and we would have been fine, but somehow MISSED Piglet the first time through (we were supposed to be the first table, but missed it somehow), and then there was the delay leaving with the CM, not that I'm complaining, but that ate up an extra 10 minutes at least. So we didn't make it to Dumbo until @ 9:30. We were then behind schedule for the rest of the day. Oh well. It didn't matter!

Trentmom ~ Thanks for the bump. Like I said, I think I know where my notes were, and enough happened this day that I would sort of like to have them. Or, I may jot down another episode this weekend if I find time. THANKS FOR READING!!!! (oooh, I just noticed that you're going to be in WDW for my birthday! Have a Mickey bar for me, 'kay???)
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #309
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat View Post
Just a few quick notes. I think I have thought of where my notes are. At work.


Trentmom ~ Thanks for the bump. Like I said, I think I know where my notes were, and enough happened this day that I would sort of like to have them. Or, I may jot down another episode this weekend if I find time. THANKS FOR READING!!!! (oooh, I just noticed that you're going to be in WDW for my birthday! Have a Mickey bar for me, 'kay???)
Hey Georgia: No problem!!

I always like to pick one trip report at a time to follow, and I have selected yorus....

Hope you find your notes as I will be waiting to read what happened next.

I will definitely have a Mickey Bar or maybe even, two for you...

Which days is your bday? Maybe I should tell them I am celebration Georgia Aristocrat's Bday, so I can get a bday cupcake, wherever we are dining that day.......You think they would think I was a little nutty?
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #310
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

the 15th. AND. Does it matter if they think you are nutty if you get a cupcake out of it????

Yeah. I wouldn't tell 'em either!

Enjoy your trip! I will confirm the presence of my notes tomorrow, I hope. If all goes as planned . . .
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 04-23-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: ohhhhh. Who are the gutter chicks? They sound like my kind of people!!!!
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #311
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat View Post
the 15th. AND. Does it matter if they think you are nutty if you get a cupcake out of it????

Yeah. I wouldn't tell 'em either!

Enjoy your trip! I will confirm the presence of my notes tomorrow, I hope. If all goes as planned . . .
Hey There......

No, it doesn't matter who thiks I a nutty, as long as I get a cupcake out of it....

I hope you find the notes.....

The Gutter chics are me, WDWHEATHER, GOOFYLUVR, WEIRDTIGGER, PARLA....

I am sure there are more, but I forget...

We belong to this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1421902


Don;t be intimidated by the size of the thread....just read like the first page and than the last 5 or 6 pages and jump in.

We have a blast...one night, we got a warning from the moderators for being a little too risque...

It was late and we were joking around.....almost all girsl...you know how we can be.....

the more the merrier....

If you have questions, ask me....


Hope to see ya there!!!
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 AM   #312
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

BUMP!!!

Georgia,,,,,you have to had found the notes by now...

Please don't keep us waiting....

We need more please.......

Pretty please with sugar on top........
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #313
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!
 
GeorgiaAristocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: dreaming of planning. Planning to Dream!
Posts: 2,194

The Inner Commando was at war with the Vacationer.

Weeeelllllll, since you ask so nicely!
and. Hallelujah! I found my notes!!!


When I said before that the rest of the day was off, timewise, I wasn't kidding. I would officially qualify as a TourGuideMike failure. I had read everything, I knew to zig when others were zagging, and yet, I found myself zagging more than zipping. But again I say, when I started to feel frustrated, I looked at the face of my sweet daughter and decided that no one else cared, so I should just let it go. The Inner Commando was at war with the Vacationer. The Vactioner (mostly) won.

After leaving Bonnie, we really were headed to Dumbo. Late. (Ooops, failed that lesson.) On the way the castle was blocked, because we headed there via Main Street. (Dang, failed that lesson, too.) So, it took a teensy bit of time to get around the castle (I think that's F number 3). We finally, after what seemed an eternity, reached the juncture between Dumbo and Ariel. Surprisingly, Ariel was ALREADY in the grotto. Early. But, I KNEW I was supposed to ride Dumbo first. So we SKIPPED Ariel in the grotto with NO LINE. Does that count as number 4? In retrospect, I believe that it does. Because we then waited in line at Dumbo, rode, and THEN tried to see Ariel. With a line. And THEN, two families away, Ariel had to go stretch her fins for a few minutes (read 10 or 15). Yup. Definitely failed that one. But it did provide some opportunity to rest (there was a bench in the SHADE) and take some pics with a lush background. That's the silver lining and the cup half full view. Oh, and the fact that NoFear managed to get to ride in a PINK Dumbo. Which is important. On her birthday. But it was a close call. And I hope that other little girl didn't have to get stitches. (Kidding!!! No pushing, shoving or running was involved, and no children were harmed in the making of this trip report. Or were they?)




Anyway, the failing grades. I stopped counting at that point. At least mentally. And let it go. The informed-but-completely-ignoring-her-hardearned-knowledge vacationer won. If that makes sense. I know, it didn't make sense to me, either.

We headed to Toontown and did the usual things. Shrimp was too short for the Barnstormer, so Grammy stayed behind. We went through the houses and got pictures. We did NOT wait in line for characters.







I just love all the touches and theming at Disney. It is what sets this company apart from the others. Well, that and customer service (although, frankly, that gap is narrowing, but that is a subject for another day.) There are hidden delights in every park. It is what makes ALL of us want to go back, no?



Are the pumpkins there year-round? Our trips have been at the same time of the year (late September, early October). When we go at Christmas, will the pumpkin have been replaced with a tree?





And, finally, the kids were happy because they got to play on the playground while waiting for the train. And the train ride was a big hit. The Shrimp likes the train a lot. It's open. It moves. It's a train. What's not to like? Doesn't he just looked thrilled?



Okay. At this point, we were headed for the two mountains that NoFear could ride. The big ones. The ones she had seen in the planning video over and over and over again. And a few times more. Each day. Indoctrination is wonderful. She wanted to ride Splash Mountain. Badly. Desperately.

So, we took the train around and got off in Frontierland. But Splash was down, so we grabbed some fastpasses. We thought briefly about heading to BTMRR, but EVERYONE was headed there since Splash was down, so, instead, we zigged (I finally passed one!) and headed to Pirates instead.

Let me here add to the chorus of cries for fastpass at Pirates. Not because we needed it at that moment, only because it SHOULD be a fastpass attraction. I mean really, Maelstrom is a fastpass and Pirates isn't? There's something wrong with that.

But, we only had a ten minute wait, which I deemed acceptable. Plus. It was cool, bordering on cold, and the Shrimp was asleep. It was, therefore, the perfect time to ride. Not at all surprisingly, NoFear was not afraid. She liked it. She thought it was Neat. So did NeatKid. Ah, teen infatuation. And mine, too. Cap'n Jack is yummy.





The Shrimp awoke as we were leaving the dump shop. That we hurried through. We hurried through all of them. Because NoFear is a perfect candidate for retail therapy. At almost any moment. Anywho - she really wanted to ride Splash. And we could hear screams coming from that general direction, so we wandered back, and behold! Splash was back up. Grammy decided to wait with the Shrimp, and we happily handed over our Fastpasses and skipped through the line. There was no line until we neared that last curve in the queue, and then we were stopped briefly. The wait was only about 5 minutes. Until.

Dum dum dum DUUUUUM . . .

It broke down again. And they made us leave. Without a fastpass to return. We were literally two boats away from the ride. And were told too bad, so sad, skedaddle outta here folks!

Now, that just doesn't seem right. They TOOK my fastpasses. And they weren't going to replace them????



Don't you KNOW who you're dealing with? (Page 22, Post 316)
__________________
GeorgiaAristocat
"Get reconnected" adults only trip! Sept 2005 POFQ
Kids meet Mickey! Sept. 29 through Oct. 7, 2006 OKW
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 04-27-2007 at 01:00 PM.
GeorgiaAristocat is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #314
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat View Post
Weeeelllllll, since you ask so nicely!
and. Hallelujah! I found my notes!!!


When I said before that the rest of the day was off, timewise, I wasn't kidding. I would officially qualify as a TourGuideMike failure. I had read everything, I knew to zig when others were zagging, and yet, I found myself zagging more than zipping. But again I say, when I started to feel frustrated, I looked at the face of my sweet daughter and decided that no one else cared, so I should just let it go. The Inner Commando was at war with the Vacationer. The Vactioner (mostly) won.

After leaving Bonnie, we really were headed to Dumbo. Late. (Ooops, failed that lesson.) On the way the castle was blocked, because we headed there via Main Street. (Dang, failed that lesson, too.) So, it took a teensy bit of time to get around the castle (I think that's F number 3). We finally, after what seemed an eternity, reached the juncture between Dumbo and Ariel. Surprisingly, Ariel was ALREADY in the grotto. Early. But, I KNEW I was supposed to ride Dumbo first. So we SKIPPED Ariel in the grotto with NO LINE. Does that count as number 4? In retrospect, I believe that it does. Because we then waited in line at Dumbo, rode, and THEN tried to see Ariel. With a line. And THEN, two families away, Ariel had to go stretch her fins for a few minutes (read 10 or 15). Yup. Definitely failed that one. But it did provide some opportunity to rest (there was a bench in the SHADE) and take some pics with a lush background. That's the silver lining and the cup half full view. Oh, and the fact that NoFear managed to get to ride in a PINK Dumbo. Which is important. On her birthday. But it was a close call. And I hope that other little girl didn't have to get stitches. (Kidding!!! No pushing, shoving or running was involved, and no children were harmed in the making of this trip report. Or were they?)




Anyway, the failing grades. I stopped counting at that point. At least mentally. And let it go. The informed-but-completely-ignoring-her-hardearned-knowledge vacationer won. If that makes sense. I know, it didn't make sense to me, either.

We headed to Toontown and did the usual things. Shrimp was too short for the Barnstormer, so Grammy stayed behind. We went through the houses and got pictures. We did NOT wait in line for characters.







I just love all the touches and theming at Disney. It is what sets this company apart from the others. Well, that and customer service (although, frankly, that gap is narrowing, but that is a subject for another day.) There are hidden delights in every park. It is what makes ALL of us want to go back, no?



Are the pumpkins there year-round? Our trips have been at the same time of the year (late September, early October). When we go at Christmas, will the pumpkin have been replaced with a tree?





And, finally, the kids were happy because they got to play on the playground while waiting for the train. And the train ride was a big hit. The Shrimp likes the train a lot. It's open. It moves. It's a train. What's not to like? Doesn't he just looked thrilled?



Okay. At this point, we were headed for the two mountains that NoFear could ride. The big ones. The ones she had seen in the planning video over and over and over again. And a few times more. Each day. Indoctrination is wonderful. She wanted to ride Splash Mountain. Badly. Desperately.

So, we took the train around and got off in Frontierland. But Splash was down, so we grabbed some fastpasses. We thought briefly about heading to BTMRR, but EVERYONE was headed there since Splash was down, so, instead, we zigged (I finally passed one!) and headed to Pirates instead.

Let me here add to the chorus of cries for fastpass at Pirates. Not because we needed it at that moment, only because it SHOULD be a fastpass attraction. I mean really, Maelstrom is a fastpass and Pirates isn't? There's something wrong with that.

But, we only had a ten minute wait, which I deemed acceptable. Plus. It was cool, bordering on cold, and the Shrimp was asleep. It was, therefore, the perfect time to ride. Not at all surprisingly, NoFear was not afraid. She liked it. She thought it was Neat. So did NeatKid. Ah, teen infatuation. And mine, too. Cap'n Jack is yummy.





The Shrimp awoke as we were leaving the dump shop. That we hurried through. We hurried through all of them. Because NoFear is a perfect candidate for retail therapy. At almost any moment. Anywho - she really wanted to ride Splash. And we could hear screams coming from that general direction, so we wandered back, and behold! Splash was back up. Grammy decided to wait with the Shrimp, and we happily handed over our Fastpasses and skipped through the line. There was no line until we neared that last curve in the queue, and then we were stopped briefly. The wait was only about 5 minutes. Until.

Dum dum dum DUUUUUM . . .

It broke down again. And they made us leave. Without a fastpass to return. We were literally two boats away from the ride. And were told too bad, so sad, skedaddle outta here folks!

Now, that just doesn't seem right. They TOOK my fastpasses. And they weren't going to replace them????

Yeah!!!!!!!

You found your notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great your little princess got to ride in her pink dumbo and one her bday, to boot...woohoo!!!

Sometimes, you have to let go of the vacation commando and just wing it....it makes thing so less stressful and more fun for the whole family...

That is great your figured it woud and you all were enjoing your self..

As far as splash breaking down for the 2nd time and you not getting another fast pass to replace it, that would sit well with this Jersey Girl!!!

I would have annoyed them til they gave me one or marched myself over to guest relations...as that is so not fair!!

Your shrimp is sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

I can not wait to hear more!!!!!!!

Where did you eat that day? any good?
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 04-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #315
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money
 
MommyPoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In a state of constant chaos
Posts: 4,695

Oh no they didn't!

They took your FP's and sent you packing?

I hope you didn't stand for that!

Did you ask yourself, "WWMD"?
__________________

Last edited by MommyPoppins; 04-27-2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: What would Mike(TGM) do?
MommyPoppins is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.