Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #16
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat
I make all decisions. ALL DECISIONS. Boost just says "whatever you want."

Which proves that even though he won't clean out the dishwasher, I trained him properly in SOMETHING.
SweetKitty, that is just hubbyspeak for "shut up and quit bugging me".

It is not the result of any training since the vast majority of males are untrainable (if he was trainable your dishwasher would be emptied within 2 mins of completing the wash)

All of our actions are predicated on the anticipated reward for completing said action (food, beer, sex [not necessarily in that order]) or the avoidance of pain and suffering (nag, nag, nag, ad nauseum). Pretty much just conditioned responses to ensure our survival with respect to the fairer sex.

Last edited by jw50; 09-01-2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: And obviously Boost is no dummy, he married you didn't he? :)
Old 09-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #17
em'smom
Maelstromer

Hi GaCat. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I wish I could be there when you all have the Maelstrom Meet.

Erin
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
TwinkieMama
Ummmm.... can I phone a friend? ask the audience?
There have been know to be subliminal messages on these riddle threads
pre-twinkies I was a genetic mutator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat
I write this with full knowledge that it will not approach the level of exquisite writing that I have sometimes seen here on the TR board, each in their own way: Delswife, Vettechick, ZZUB, MelHappyhaunt, horsegirl, LaLa, kpk89, Jamal and many many others. (And please, if your name is not on that list, it is not because I have not read and loved your TR - you know who you are - it is just that I have a terrible memory. I am quite certain I have left out someone important, like TwinkieMom. It is, truly, inadvertent.)

OMGyroscopes! She thinks I am important! Well, I am famous in very small circles.

I am really looking forward to this trip report. Because
1. I like to read. Polysyllables do not create trepidation in my psyche. (Big words don't scare me).
2. I love gushing over kidcakes. Every kid should be gushed over.
3. It will be like a fun house with all sorts of trip reporters reporting on the same events from different points of view.

Lead on Georgia!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #19
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

And I am looking forward to more because I share a fondness, nay, a love of words such as Cat possesses. We are ilk. . .i.e. . .Borg lite. . .carry on, carry on, and do so let the words come trippingly off thy tongue. . .

Last edited by sleepydog25; 09-01-2006 at 04:09 PM. Reason: I edit, therefore, I am. . .
Old 09-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #20
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

SweetKitty!

Great, great start. I love your writing, big words and all. And I love your kids. They are just tooooooo cute! And your photographic skills are almost as impressive as your sewing skills.

I also can't wait to "meet", through your stories, Grammy and NeatKid. Then, of course, eventually, to meet ALL of you in person! Boost and my DH share a little bit of terror at the impending invasion of cyber buddies. If necessary, we can let them go off by themselves to avoid overload, k?

So........let the pre-trip anticipation begin (yeah, like it didn't begin about six months ago, maybe more)! Look forward to more........................

Last edited by AshClan; 09-01-2006 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Even tho it's a no flag zone, I can't kick the habit!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:15 PM   #21
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Excellent. Well begun is half done

I am sure Chappie can help us with the big words.

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]

Last edited by HaleyB; 09-01-2006 at 09:16 PM. Reason: I am... therefore I edit...
Old 09-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #22
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

GA - Although I am away a little bird filled my ear with news of you

Upon my return from this land of sweet tea and pie, I will devote endless hours gazing upon your sweet dribble

TFI (whatever that means) I will be back, without Arnold

Last edited by Grammyof2; 09-01-2006 at 10:22 PM. Reason: I skimmed very very quickly. Do you call your Mom Grammy?
Old 09-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #23
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

I ain't skeered of no big words, neither, SesquipedalianKitty!!! Bring 'em on!

ses·qui·pe·da·lian
Pronunciation: "ses-kw&-p&-'dAl-y&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin sesquipedalis, literally, a foot and a half long, from sesqui- + ped-, pes foot -- more at FOOT
1 : having many syllables : LONG <sesquipedalian terms>
2 : given to or characterized by the use of long words <a sesquipedalian television commentator>

Give some of the male Maelstromers a little competition in the big and obscure word department! Should be entertaining . . .

I am so looking forward to your reporting and hearing about your little ones' adventures. Hope your hubby comes around after meeting some of your fellow Vikings.

Last edited by Minnie_Moo; 09-01-2006 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Also see longwords dot com
Old 09-02-2006, 01:11 AM   #24
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Moo
I ain't skeered of no big words, neither, SesquipedalianKitty!!! Bring 'em on!

ses·qui·pe·da·lian
Pronunciation: "ses-kw&-p&-'dAl-y&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin sesquipedalis, literally, a foot and a half long, from sesqui- + ped-, pes foot -- more at FOOT
1 : having many syllables : LONG <sesquipedalian terms>
2 : given to or characterized by the use of long words <a sesquipedalian television commentator>

Give some of the male Maelstromers a little competition in the big and obscure word department! Should be entertaining . . .

I am so looking forward to your reporting and hearing about your little ones' adventures. Hope your hubby comes around after meeting some of your fellow Vikings.

NOW that's funny right there!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #25
GeorgiaAristocat
Côôl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Thanks to everyone for reading this, and everything. I will (hopefully) be adding some backstories so that you might become further acquainted with the characters before we leave.
Sher ~ who is first, of course! I can't wait to experience this crazy ride with you!
JamisweetJami~ dear friend, questioned answered, yes?
UM ~ I surely hope that I will be reading your TR before I leave!
PPG ~ newlymarriedwonderfullyhappygirl! I wish you could be there . . . (my bottom lip is stuck out, frowny face)
lookingforward ~ I'm looking forward to it to. While I have many special things planned, I hope for some pixie dust moments. It's all good . . .
horseysweetponybaby~I can't wait to share my family with you as you have shared with us. What a special person you are!
offwego ~ let's not talk about those big numbers, 'kay? (burying head in sand)
Kimmie ~ shhhhhh. I'm a mean mommy too, really!
Marita ~ local girl! can't wait to meet you!
NM ~ thank you!
NAB ~ enjoying your report as well!
Steph ~ pictures shall be forthcoming of the t-shirts!
JW ~ I don't care what you call it. I only care that I get my way. That's what's important!
Erinella ~ we all wish you could be there too! Hope you don't float away this weekend!
Twinkie ~ glad to have you along for the ride!
Dog ~ good man. I need you along as a walking wine dictionary. I don't know how to pick and don't always trust the waiter to really get it right. For some reason . . .
Ash ~ many pictures to follow (I hope)!
Haley ~ can't wait to hear about YOUR commando trip!
Grammy ~ yes, we really do call her Grammy. Always. Just like Horsey's grammy! Mine is also a Grammy J!
Minnie Moo ~ a new word! I can't believe I didn't know that one. Going into the hard drive of my brain!
And UM ~ I agree. That's funny, I don't care who you are!

To everyone who mentioned my bee-yoo-tee-ful chill'uns. I agree. But I am understandably biased, and proud. So, you will probably be inflicted with many many pictures of them. And their costumes. And smiles. And laughter.

Because, really, that's what this trip is all about!
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 09-02-2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: I am overwhelmed by the kind attention. I truly look forward to sharing our adventures with you!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #26
brandt79
Mostly a lurker, sometimes a poster!
We "show-me-staters" tend to take things personally

GA - love the start! I can't wait to read the rest - hurry up and get there already!

Walt Disney World
Dec 1988-Hilton at Downtown Disney ~ May 1996-off-site ~ June 2000-Wilderness Lodge ~ May 2001-Marriott at Downtown Disney ~ Nov/Dec 2005-Grand Floridian SLC & DCL (honeymoon) ~ May 2006-Polynesian ~ Nov 2006-Beach Club ~ Sept/Oct 2007-Polynesian/Grand Floridian

Last edited by brandt79; 09-02-2006 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Because I "must"
Old 09-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #27
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...

GA- Most excellent start!

Quote:
And then there are the Vikings. Which I can't wait to meet. A couple of whom I have already met. All of whom Boost is a-feared.
Right back at you girlfriend!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better. Sharing "pulled pork" at Sonny's was a great start, but meeting again at Disney will be the "cat's meow".....so to speak!

Last edited by Yzma and Kronk; 09-02-2006 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Oh the Dic-dic-dictionary is very necessary!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #28
Shelby5514
John Taylor is my guilty pleasure!
If I didn't know any better, I would think my DH is pregnant!
Thinner Thighs Cometh

Location: Close enough to go for the day, but far enough to not have to deal with the tourists! ;)

Kitty~ Looking forward to reading all about your trip. Just wish I could have made it to the meet too... I have a feeling that this series of "Viking" trip reports is going to bigger than the finale of Seinfeld.

Last edited by Shelby5514; 09-02-2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: The walls have eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:15 AM   #29
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Kitty - Wonderful start! How I so WISH that I could go to the meet too but allas it is not to happen. So take lots of pics and write lots of big words for me please!!!!!!

BTW - That pic was just adorable. My DS (13) now was tiny for his age too as he was a preemie. Finally this year he fits into regular instead of slim jeans
Old 09-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #30
GADISNEYGIRL
Maelstromer!
aka Marky Mark's Wife

Finally caught up!! More, more, more!!

Pre-DS : Many short (offsite) trips prior to 98; Contemporary, Concierge-Honeymoon 06/98; Contemporary 08/00; Off-site 12/00; Trips with DS : All Star Movies 09/03; All Star Movies 04/04; All Star Movies 05/04; Pop Century 09/04; All Star Movies/Pop Century 12/04; All Star Movies/Boardwalk Inn 02/05; Villas at the Wilderness Lodge 07/05; Pop Century Girls' Shopping/Eating Weekend 09/05; Coronado Springs impromptu for-our-sanity trip 11/05; Grand Floridian/MVMCP One Nighter 12/05; 1 night All Star Movies, 10 nights Wilderness Lodge 01/06; PO~Riverside 02/06 With Friends!; Farewell to Jen Weekend~CSR 02/06; Girls' (and Wesley!) Weekend~ASSp 05/06; Anniversary Trip~Contemporary 05/06; Broken Arm Trip~Yacht Club 07/06; Farewell to Cindybration~09/06; Prince Wesley Returns to the World~Riverside 09-10/06; Farewell AP Trip~AKL 01/07; Reunion with a friend~ASSp 02/07; PPP No More Stress Trip~08/07 CSR

Last edited by GADISNEYGIRL; 09-12-2006 at 01:22 PM. Reason: I'm sort of partial to her kidlets, too...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: