Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #271
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

GaKitty, love the reports!!!!

But I do have one question - after all the searches for Crocs in September, WHY WERE THE KIDS NOT WEARING THEM??????????
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #272
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Thank you my faithful (and patient) readers!

Marita - the boy wore his crocs every day. The princess, some days, but you really can't argue fashion with a four year old. She wore them most of the time. Personally, I switched off between my tennies and my crocs. The crocs actually rubbed me in a certain place with the straps to the back, which I know is unusual.

Moo - so sorry you got sick on vacation. It really is the pits. I think NeatKid's was compounded by teenageritis. Just a guess.

Java ~ I have a closer picture of her shoes. Shhhhhhhh!

UMa ~ I have missed you too sweetie! Love the new banner in your siggie, btw! And. I always get the angel food cake and berries for dessert. It is one of my most favorite desserts ever. From anywhere. Right after Tiramisu.

NAB ~ I remember that about your daughter - I'm sure it didn't help that she looked so very beautiful in her dress, too, or that her daddy bought it for her! The princess dresses up here at home all the time. There are days that she goes through ALL of her princess dresses. (Let's see, the latest request is Ariel's wedding dress. Apparently having Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and a Tinkerbell costume arent' enough for the spoiled little thing!)

I'll try to put up some more chapters this week!
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #273
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I had probably combat loaded a cup the night before.
If this means got it ready and had it waiting in the fridge, that's a good call. And I love the term "combat loaded".

I just spent 30 minutes trying to quote a pic in LaLa's installment. It worked, but I'm not sure how. So I'm not trying it again until I get instructions. ANYWAY - the hairdo in the Belle dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Quote:
Let me tell you, saving that tapeside seat was totally worth it.

This is where the magic happened for us this day.

Because the princess was STILL in her dress.

And it was duly noted. By almost EVERYONE that passed.

And I have the WHOLE THING on video.

I have Snow White calling out that she loved her dress.

I have Stitch pointed directly at her and then giving her a thumb's up.

I have Burt (and Poppins) waving directly at her.

I could go on and on.
That's awesome!! How many times have you watched the video since you came home? Shame on you if you say "none".

Quote:
Is there anything better than fried cheese?
No. There isn't. And I'm sorry you didn't get any.

Quote:
She decided to go outside to get some air. A few minutes later she came back to report that she had, well, zzubed in the flower bed outside.
I've had that same reaction in the flower beds at MGM. Except I was pregnant. I like to think it was that and not the food I had eaten.

Quote:
(Unfortunately, NeatKid was sick ALL NIGHT, and threw up two more times.)
Yuck! I hope she's feeling better in the morning!

Love the three-peat installments! And your pics are awesome - especially the ones with you in them!!

Looking forward to a new installment!!

NM

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Old 01-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #274
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

wow, Amy, you ARE on a roll! I am borg with your commando tendencies. As well as with the inability to carry through on them when vacationing with the family.

Sorry about NeatKid ... poor bunny.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #275
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

JUst turning the page....

Hope you will be back soon.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #276
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Come Back Come Back!!

I am all caught up with your trip report now

Love the pictures! The dresses are great. I made the same Snow White dress for my DD but I haven't managed to finish the cape part the white collar is difficult! She is 6 now and has decided that she doesn't like wearing princess dresses anymore.

Poor Neatkid (love the nickname) public vomiting is so embarassing I hope she gets better so she can enjoy her trip.

Can't wait for more!

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #277
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran

Thank you Dreamer and Wisher (yeah, the collar was a little difficult!), after another long absence I am back.

NAB - you sweetie! Thanks for turning the pages. You are too good to me!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #278
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran

Will the Shirt make all the difference?

So, after a pretty rough night for NeatKid, the rest of us woke up fairly early. Grammy and I again made use of the patio in the early morning hours. Grammy never sleeps much, or at least doesn't sleep much in a single stretch of time. Grammy has suffered from back problems most of her adult life. She claims that it stems from an incident when she was around twelve, but that's a story for another time.

Anywho. Grammy prefers to sleep in a recliner rather than a bed. I don't know how many years it's been since she slept in a bed, actually. But, we had no recliner at the OKW villa, and I couldn't figure out a way to fit one into my already overstuffed van. So she jerry-rigged something on the loveseat that roughly resembled a recliner. All I know is that it involved a lot of pillows and blankets. Which I gladly provided.

Sadly, we had much angst the next morning when Grammy was deciding where her loyalty lay. Should she stay behind with my niece who was obviously not feeling at all well? Should she join us in Epcot to lend moral support to me (and distraction for B) since I was supposed to be meeting a whole bunch of kooky internet friends? NeatKid had decided that she would NOT be joining us that day, and needed to rest, but would probably want to eat that evening. I explained to both NeatKid and Grammy how easy the bus system was (even for a 13 year old) and that ALL of us had cell phones which NeatKid could contact us on, and I would rush right back to pick her up if she really didn't want to deal with the bus. Grammy finally decided that NK was old enough to lay in bed by herself. Which was all that she was going to do that day anyway.

We made it to Epcot in time for the opening ceremony. It was, in fact, the ONLY opening ceremony we made all week. Sadly.

But there we were, at the right side of the fountain watching the opening ceremony, and perfectly positioned for a Soarin' dash. And we did. Dash to Soarin' that is. I knew that Grammy would love this one. And would cackle. So we retrieved a baby swap pass and I sent her ahead with B and NoFear. The Shrimp and I first obtained fastpasses for a later flight, then I hopped onto Living with the Land, since I knew that I would have JUST enough time before they ended their flight, and since it was literally a walk-on.

In fact, they were holding a boat when I walked up, and we were the only ones IN the boat. That fact might have reduced my stress level about my child crying the whole way through, if my stress wasn't so high because I FORGOT about the thunder and rain in this ride, which made my child cry the whole way through. Yeah. Big Surprise. The Shrimp was terrified.

I miss having the CM ride in the boat with us, too. So that I could ask inane questions. Like whether any of the shrimp appetizers are cultivated from the Shrimp tanks that we see on the ride.

Anyway, the Shrimp finally poked his head up when we got to the greenhouses. He ducked again when we went back inside, but was distracted by the pictures at the end. He fairly leaped out of the boat when it was over. Poor little guy. He wanted his Grammy, who would NEVER subject him to such terrifying sights.

Then we went back to the Soarin' exit. And waited. And waited. And wondered if I had missed the rest of our party and whether they were wandering around looking for us. So I waited some more, and they finally emerged.

B and NoFear and I took a turn on Soarin'. We avoided the golf ball and landed safely, without even falling into the ocean. It was a close one, since we were on the bottom row. Afterwards, my timing, which to this point was going along nicely, got shot to Hades when both Grammy and B insisted on eating breakfast.

And Grammy, who STILL had not a clue about Disney dining, insisted on paying cash for everything. Well, at least the Sunshine Seasons has a good selection.

And.

It is the meeting place for all and sundry. Especially wayward Norwegian vikings. Wearing matching shirts!

I had mine on. Because this was the day for meeting all of my imaginary friends. My shirt was spotted. First by Javamom and Crashdad, then by Jamal and her friends. I was thrilled to see everyone. B was hiding and ducking. Grammy was Grammy - she can make friends with anyone. I was thrilled to meet these friends for the first time face to face. And hope/wish that I might get to do so again sometime.

The rest of the morning passed without incident. We saw Turtle Talk, the fishes, etc, then headed to Norway to meet a WHOLE BUNCH of wayward Vikings.

Vikings! Maelstrom! (Page 19, Post 279)

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 02-16-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #279
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran

Vikings! Maelstrom!

Hmm, after reviewing my photos, I realized that only ONE extraordinary thing happened between breakfast and heading to Norway. My Mom found a smoking area. Yes, indeed, she finally smoked by the rules in Disney. Here's a picture (it's outside the Living Seas.) Trust Disney to make even the smoking areas lovely!

So, after a rather uneventful morning, around 10:40 I had us head to Norway. I could tell that B remained very uneasy about meeting my "freaky internet friends." We were stopped on the way by wdwr(Shelley) who said hello because she recognized my shirt. B's blood pressure went up 20 points. He did NOT think that Maelstrom was a fastpass.

I thought we had enough time to stop in Mexico and ride River of Time, but once we got inside we realized that we didn't, so abandoned that and headed to Norway. Now, prior to this meeting I had met a couple of would-be Vikings (Mark, Rhonda, Wesley and Patti), in addition to the introductions earlier in the day, and I FELT like I knew a whole bunch more. I was excited.

As we approached Norway, I could see a bunch of "us" gathered on a shaded path. Most of the people I recognized from seeing pictures. One of the highlights was Grammyof2 showing up in Sher's "belt" and dancing around. It was hilarious. Also, Jami brought some of the Cookmaster's cookies (YUM!!!) which made everyone, especially the kids, happy. As I stood around and socialized, B separated himself from the crowd and observed. My Mom can get along with anyone, and got into a deep discussion with Grampy about smoking at WDW. I think several others got to speak to her briefly, too.

I can't go through all the conversations I had with everyone (even if I could remember!) but it was wonderful to meet so many people face to face at last! Anyone who has been reading the "Maelstrom" trip reports has seen the picture before, but it always bears repeating!

(By the way, I blatantly stole that photo from Ashclan.)

(Acknowledgements to the following Vikings - it was great to meet you! Marita, Haley, Mr. Silly (and kids), Frickles, Ashclan and hubby, Grammy and Grampy, Sher, Jami, Mark and Rhonda and Wesley, JavaMom and Crashdad, and Horsegirl and KPK89-Kimmie!!!! Who did I miss?)

The photo finally happened after a couple of us, including myself, said we had to go. I, of course, had pressure from B. So we took the photo - it was freakin' hot. Don't even argue Sher!

But we skipped the riding of Maelstrom for then, and backtracked to Mexico. There we found Donald Duck out with one of the Cabaneros. We had not seen Donald yet on this trip, so wanted to get an autograph (or at least NoFear did), but Donald needed to go get a drink (margarita?), so we headed inside to ride the River of Time, and then came back to get some time with the Big Duck. Eventually two of the Cabeneros joined him.

After that, the kids wanted a SNACK. And, well, since we hadn't had lunch yet, we all thought it would be a good idea to buy them ICE CREAM. I love being on vacation. Where rules are meaningless.

The Shrimp greatly enjoyed his:

So did NoFear, but somehow I don't have a picture. Huh.

Off to jolly old England! While we were walking past the pub, I noticed a CM handing out what appeared to be tickets. Knowing, as I did, about the FREE beer seminars, my nose started twitching. Not for myself, as I don't drink beer, but for B. Who had been such a trooper (sort of) that morning, and who I thought could REALLY use a drink. Especially a free one. I signed him up. After getting him settled in, Grammy, the kids, and I headed to the toy store. To find some more characters.

And we did. More pictures:

I think this is also where NoFear discovered the kidcot station. And started a "project." So did the Shrimp.

We knew when B was supposed to be finishing up his "seminar," so headed back outside to collect him. I think the beer made him happy:

Afterwards, he brought his table companions over to meet me since they wanted to know where to get his t-shirt design (I got it from one of the super-talented people on the Creative DISigns board!) So, I got their e-mail and promised to send it to them. After bidding them adieu, I didn't even make any snarky comments to B about "crazy stranger drinking friends." I do have SOME self-control!

We then started to head over the International Bridge - on our way to eat in Morocco. (Yes, ice cream AND beer before lunch!)

Halfway over, we noticed that Snow White and Dopey were greeting down by the International Gateway. As previously mentioned, Snow White was, at this time, NoFear's FAVORITE princess. And, being who I am, I had packed her Snow White dress this day, just in case we got the chance to meet her again. And because it was properly hemmed. So, when we spotted her, we headed back down the bridge, and I started digging for the dress, which was, by then, very wrinkled.

B, the doubting Thomas, had raised his eyebrows to his hairline and shook his head that morning when I packed the dress. He was big enough to admit he was wrong after NoFear's meeting with Snow White and Dopey. Comments were made about being a "twin" and we got a special note on the autograph page. So cute!

After that, we went to Morocco and ate. We were all very hungry. It was, as usual, very good. (Be quiet Mark!)

After eating, I thought I might be able to talk the Shrimp into a nap, so we started to head to America to see Voices of Liberty and watch the show. Before we got there, we ran into Jasmine and Genie.

Obligatory Picture, with the absent Shrimp - given the presence of Genie:

Then we made it to America - what a LONG trip! I videotaped the whole performance by the Voices of Liberty (I just love listening to them!), and Shrimp, predictably, fell asleep in Grammy's arms. When the performance was done, I packed away the camera and retrieved the Shrimp. He then slept through the entire show. NoFear fell asleep, too, but woke up as soon as it was over. Then she went to work at the Kidcot station. Marta, the worker there, gave her FOUR rocking horses, because she was to turn four the next day. NoFear was in love.

Why Bring a Niece if you can't Embarrass Her? (Page 20, Post 290)

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 03-30-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #280
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GACat
So she jerry-rigged something on the loveseat that roughly resembled a recliner.
Is that the same thing as a jimmy-rig? And did it involve duct tape?

Quote:
In fact, they were holding a boat when I walked up, and we were the only ones IN the boat. That fact might have reduced my stress level about my child crying the whole way through, if my stress wasn't so high because I FORGOT about the thunder and rain in this ride, which made my child cry the whole way through. Yeah. Big Surprise. The Shrimp was terrified.
Poor little guy.

Great two installments, Ga Kitty! Your pictures are awesome. I always love seeing that meet pic. Looks like it was a blast.

And that Mickey Dawg shirt rocks!! I need a couple of those!!

We missed ya! Glad you are back with some more of your tale!

NM

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Last edited by nicolemarie; 02-16-2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: no reason...
Old 02-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #281
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Hey Amy is back...

Love all the pictures.

How special of the CM to put four rocking horses on for her birthday. And to have Snow White to write something nice in her book.

Hubby looked pretty happy too.

He is very protective of his family and that is a good thing, but I know how you feel about the meet too. Glad you got to meet up with everyone.

Hope this means your are going to finish, can't wait to here more.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:49 AM   #282
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

Amy - you are a good wife.

Beer is always good for the hubby on a hot day. Cause it was stinking hot!

And you know what parts crack me up

Old 02-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #283
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Amy, great to see you back! I can;t believe I missed this, I just found this installment today.

Always fun to relive the meet, it was great meeting you too!
Great installment.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #284
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie

..i'm back!..actually if truth be known, i been here
several times...re-reading at least 5x. ..i know how many
dosen't matter...it always makes me happy!

so i feel obligatory to report my observations...a few.

that's the primary feeling i get every time!

we were right behind you guys, doing the 11dayer wonder.
wow! g. kity ..our next is the aug. repo...in 08. thank you
for posting that wonderful viking group pic! you guys looked
great! [well, the lady vikes did ]. & beloved shari
dac..giving them the whats & ifs..so cute and funny. where's
pluto pants hanging these days?

i still seeing how tight your lil' holding onto her
towel animal. why do i feel we're getting to see a glimpse into
your kitten's ways? and the trip your mother gave you? * my
idea is that a/any wdw trip is a parent's gift...that usually not
opened until adulthood...but then i am not one of conventional
thinking.

ha! ..i can't help it....seeing your lil'boy giving maryp. "his"
look! well ,she deserved that..dress in bows and ruffles! that told
me right there and then, he knows who his mommie is!

doing nothing! an insight before the wheels came off..we were in
the middle of worldshow case...the wine people were moving in..jordan
announced..enough! we ended our day and went "home"-contemp.,
undressed..and watched the water parade. pffft...is a feeling!

light speeder...wish i was there to take..several! so cute... some
of you..i swear..i can see the lil' girl coming out to play !

what i like most is how you let your kids be themselves..and yet, i
see you all ready to pounce on any danger.

so you are a lady georgia-dwag! [ when i think of georgia, there used
to be a family that vacation up near us...so us kids played together,
trading baseball cards..and braves vs reds fans...sports are supposed
to be fun..not life and death. greed is ruining alot of bowls games...
for everyone..so boring when there used to be excitment]

hey...your alice was there when we went..by herself and bored..so
i got to do a character interacting....he,he, she was so "traditional".

between me and you ...i don't think you gave your husband enough
credit.. ..after all , he let you and participated... .
Old 02-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #285
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie

amy...you see that pic of your lil girl with her mask [last one].
i thought what the hech does she has planted on top of her
head...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: