Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2006, 07:26 PM   #181
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Awww Amy what great ending to the first day.

Love those matching shirts you have on. I need to do that next time we go. It's such a neat thing, if Sheri can do a shirt I think I could handle it.

Hope the magic continues now.....
Old 10-25-2006, 11:26 PM   #182
Loubon
Tutor Magnet (Talk to me)
Knows someone with real Mod super powers
Thinks he's stalked by the lady

Amy, I've told you before and I'll tell you again, you have beautiful children.

There's Clowns To The Left Of Me ....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #183
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Oh my goodness! A Lou sighting in the Trip Reports?

Thanks for stopping by Lou! And for the comments on my scrumptious babies.

And again, my thanks to everyone reading this. I hope you are enjoying it. I hope if you're not you either keep lying to me or don't tell me.

New chapter up today, hopefully.

Amy
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE
Old 10-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #184
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran

A Princess among Princesses!

My plan when we got back to the Villa was to spend a teensy bit of time hemming the Aurora dress that NoFear had received in the mail from her Aunt. But I was just too tired. And the kids were sacked out and so was Boost, so I would have had to hem while sitting on the potty in order to have enough light.

And that really didn't appeal to me. So I went to bed, too, and decided to get up early and work on it.

Which I did. Unfortunately for me, I did not estimate the proper amount of time it would take to hem that dress. Which has A LOT of fabric at the hem, btw. I worked on putting just a basting hem in for 45 minutes, and was still not 3/4 done. (Unfortunately for me, NoFear has decided to wear the dress for Halloween, so I must now spend the weekend putting in a REAL hem. Which will take four times as long.)

But we needed to get ready and GO. Because we were meeting some princesses that morning! As badly as NoFear wanted to wear the Aurora dress, she decided that she would wear Snow White instead. Since Snow White is her FAVORITE. And it fit. And I told her that she was wearing it.

And I will point out that while I was feverishly trying to finish, Boost was the one hurrying me up. Which is a real switch on what usually happens. And should be noted for posterity.

I also insisted that we carry both the still camera and the video that day. Which made Boost unhappy, because the video is HEAVY, and can't be left with the stroller when we ride stuff. As it turns out, there was no reason for him to worry, since I ended up carrying it most of the time.

So, we finally got all of us dressed, bags packed, tickets in hand, ADR # in hand, and my phone, so that Grammy could call when they landed. And we were off. (And being late became a trend. All week. Sadly.)

To Epcot!

To NorVay!

To meet some Princesses!

As an extra special bonus, I knew that the Whirlwind Trippers were scheduled to be at breakfast also. We had ADRs within 5 minutes of each other. But we were a teensy bit late by the time we got back to Norway.

We had been fast walking with another family since the front gate. I don't remember there being any angst about getting through, once we located the correct entrance. Except that Boost tried to go RIGHT around Spaceship Earth instead of LEFT. It is important to go LEFT, so that you can take the secret pathway. Which we did not. And which the other family did. First thing in the morning, without any crowds, it is actually faster to walk the main path. Later in the afternoon, the secret path is the way to go. Just so you know.

Anyway, we arrived in Norvay excited about our first character opportunity. And took some pics of the kids in front of scenery (see above.) And Mark came out while we were waiting in line to say that they were already seated, and that their "special" Aurora was there and that he had mentioned that my kids were going to be there, too. Thanks M&R&W - you are the best! (And I still want to tag along sometime. REALLY). I HAD bought an Autograph book the night before (after the voyage, in the store at the Beach club) and had a pen. Which I then couldn't find as we got close to the front of the line. (Yeah, okay, so it was in my bag the whole time. What can I say? I panicked.)

Apparently this happens a lot. Since a CM was there handing out cheap Bic pens to those idiots (me) that couldn't find their own. Thanks Disney!

But, marketing idea . . . Have someone standing there selling good ones for $5. I would have paid it. In a heartbeat. Oops. Disney really doesn't need any help on figuring out how to get us to spend money do they? And that would probably tick some people off, like Boost, if they were profiting from the stupidity of stressed out mothers. Huh. Scratch that idea.

I remember the greeter there that morning. Todd. He was really nice. And made a fuss about NoFear and her dress. And we winked and nodded at Aurora when we met her and she knew we were friends of Prince Wesley. (See HERE and HERE for the Whirlwind Trippers account of that morning!)

We got some really cute pictures with NoFear and Aurora. The Shrimpster would have nothing to do with Aurora this morning.

In planning this trip, I suspected that the Shrimp would not interact very much with characters. Especially those in the big suits. And my intuition proved correct. I knew that this was first thing in the morning and the first day, though, so I had hopes that it might improve throughout the day/trip. He very much wanted to wave and point, but from a distance. Which is why most of the pictures are just of NoFear. Who was all about hugging everyone. Repeatedly.

After taking up more than our fair share of time, and because the line behind us was lengthy, we went and sat down.

And found some cinnamon rolls on the table. Shrimpster was already clamoring for some chocolate milk, and the server came quickly to get our drink orders. The food was quite good. Especially the potatoes. But I agree with many others that character meals are kind of stressful, since as soon as you get settled in to eat, a character shows up. And it is uncouth to speak to a princess with a mouth full of eggs. Just sayin'. PLUS I wanted both video and stills, so needed Boost to help.

And really, not many things get in the way of Boost when there is hot food in front of him. It is why almost every meal I have had with the kids around has been cold. Because he, bless him, will ignore whatever they are screaming about and keep eating. I, the mother, stop and take care of the problem. I do not believe that this is a particularly unusual scenario. And it is the reason I will frequently turn down his offer to take us out to supper. I mean, regular meals are just too stressful and not enjoyable for me. Character meals were likely to give me post-traumatic stress disorder.

In any case, Jasmine came over. And then, SNOW WHITE. Which caused NoFear to beam from ear to ear. Even the Shrimp was excited. And she gave some extra special attention to NoFear because of the dress. She also gave both NoFear and the Shrimp kisses on their cheeks, which they then wore proudly for the rest of the day.

Yeah, nothing much gets between NoFear and food either. She's a bit like her daddy.

We also met Mulan and Mary Poppins (Shrimpster's favorite). And got the appropriate photographs. At some point in the meal the young lady brought around the pictures from the front (with Aurora). Boost glanced at the first (large) picture and said without hesitation, "We'll take it!" (I confess, I was going to be satisfied with our snapshots. But, in retrospect, we got really lucky. Like Mark and Rhonda, we got pixie dust in the package - we got two different poses for the 4x6 photos, which I guess is unusual. Boost hadn't even looked at the smaller pics before buying. And, our snapshots were out of focus for some reason.)

I was in shock. I had no words. Okay, I might have had a few, but we'll keep that between Boost and myself. I would think that this is totally out of character for Boost, but, I guess I should have known. This was the photographic memorialization of the meeting between HIS princess and a REAL DISNEY princess. (Is that an oxymoron?)

I had really hoped to finish breakfast and get out to Soarin' early, so that we could make the first Turtle Talk show. But, with the delay in getting there that morning, along with other things that happened, that was not to be. Especially since I insisted that NoFear change after breakfast. And since we decided to have the photos shipped back to the resort rather than haul them around all day.

But before we left Norway, I made sure that my children really were vikings. I just knew it! See?

To Magic Kingdom or Epcot? (Page 14, Post 203)

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 11-02-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #185
sheridac
DIS Veteran

First!!!!

BB with content.

Ok back!!

Amy. I just can't get enough of those sweet pictures you post!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #186
thmar
DIS Veteran

Your children are adorable! I still can't believe you made that dress! I'm anxious to read more.....

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
Old 10-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #187
All Morganic
I'll have some cheese with that whine

I just found and read your Trip Report. You have a very lovely family and I hope my girls have some Princess pixie dust sprinkled on them too! Oh, and my hubby. He's grumbling a bit about the amount of money I have spent (so far) for our upcoming trip (january), but I hope that his, um, cheapness wanes as he sees how happy our Princesses are there.

Keep up the great TR - it's making me feel all sunny inside (and more than a little excited!)

me

DH

DD5

DD3.5

Old 10-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #188
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Love the lip stick on the cheeks.

Can't wait to here more of their first Disney trip.

My DD at 2 1/2 would wave at the characters but wouldn't go near. The very last day she hugged Pooh Bear. So we got that pic blown up.

Love your commentary about what your thinking or should I say what your saying under your breath. Does that make sense...
Old 10-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #189
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran

Sher ~ of COURSE you're first, is there ever any question?

thmar ~ I know I've seen you 'round these parts before. Thanks so much for reading (and complimenting my bee-yoo-tee-mous children!)

All Morganic ~ love the name, even though I'm not completely certain what it means (or, maybe, I have no freakin' clue) - I'm glad I'm helping to get you excited! And, as you have probably found out, there are lots of really great trip reports out there. They either a) get me excited for an upcoming trip, or b) get me depressed because I HAVE no upcoming trip. AND. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

NAB ~ my dear Debbie - you can ALWAYS be relied upon to turn the page. Thank you! (Are these the comments you are talking about? I did include a pair of parentheses in my title, since I use them so much. So useful. Sets the thought apart and all . . .)

Old 10-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #190
All Morganic
I'll have some cheese with that whine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat

All Morganic ~ love the name, even though I'm not completely certain what it means (or, maybe, I have no freakin' clue) - I'm glad I'm helping to get you excited! And, as you have probably found out, there are lots of really great trip reports out there. They either a) get me excited for an upcoming trip, or b) get me depressed because I HAVE no upcoming trip. AND. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
It's actually my DH's highschool nickname (a spin on our real last name) when he was in his, um, "experimental" phase. Funny tho, they called his sister the same thing, but because she was (is) a vegetarian

I will PM you, I'd like some more info on that Illuminations cruise you took. Shelling out more $ to Disney - that's what it's all about. Sssshhhh, just don't tell DH. We're still batteling over the Disney Crocs I want to buy DDs. Guess what, I'll win

And, oh yes - I know about the other great TR out there. I think I'm reading about 12 of them. I promised (swore on my Betty Crocker cook book) to my DH and poor neglected DDs that I would not get hook on more. But, here I am. (and counting down the minute until they go to bed so I can read on!)

me

DH

DD5

DD3.5

Last edited by All Morganic; 10-26-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #191
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Ohhhhh GaKitty! Loving your report so much I had to tyoe a one-handed huooray for you!!

Last edited by SoNotAPrincess; 10-26-2006 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Thanks for the links!!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #192
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Great report as always, Amy. Beautiful babies!!!!!!!!!!!!

And remind me not to do any costumes for future grandchildren that might require hemming, please.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #193
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

The kids' photos are just precious, Amy. Especially the baby Vikings!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #194
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

Amy - great as always

Does that little Princess wear anything but her gowns???? during this vacation
Old 10-26-2006, 09:49 PM   #195
GADISNEYGIRL
Maelstromer!
aka Marky Mark's Wife

Amy, you were sooo much a part of our morning, I'm glad you guys had magic, too! At the breakfast part. Not the hemming part!

I LOVE those babies!! I need a NoFear/Shrimpster fix!! AND a PHO-TOE shoot with the prince and princess. Ahem.

Have fun in the mountains!!

Pre-DS : Many short (offsite) trips prior to 98; Contemporary, Concierge-Honeymoon 06/98; Contemporary 08/00; Off-site 12/00; Trips with DS : All Star Movies 09/03; All Star Movies 04/04; All Star Movies 05/04; Pop Century 09/04; All Star Movies/Pop Century 12/04; All Star Movies/Boardwalk Inn 02/05; Villas at the Wilderness Lodge 07/05; Pop Century Girls' Shopping/Eating Weekend 09/05; Coronado Springs impromptu for-our-sanity trip 11/05; Grand Floridian/MVMCP One Nighter 12/05; 1 night All Star Movies, 10 nights Wilderness Lodge 01/06; PO~Riverside 02/06 With Friends!; Farewell to Jen Weekend~CSR 02/06; Girls' (and Wesley!) Weekend~ASSp 05/06; Anniversary Trip~Contemporary 05/06; Broken Arm Trip~Yacht Club 07/06; Farewell to Cindybration~09/06; Prince Wesley Returns to the World~Riverside 09-10/06; Farewell AP Trip~AKL 01/07; Reunion with a friend~ASSp 02/07; PPP No More Stress Trip~08/07 CSR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: