Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
StrollPatrolMom
I'm happy to amuse myself, carry on

Crazy mama and family stormin into Disney

Well, actually I hope there IS no stormin into Disney on our vacation seeing as its Hurricane season, but we just couldn't pass up free dining, so hurricane season it is! Meet the cast

Me: 27 year old full-time caregiver and part-time small business owner mama of 2. I own my own company teaching "mommy and me" fitness classes with my business partner 6 days a week. Slightly insane, love life, overworked and underpaid!

DD- crazy 3 year old Princess loving dynamo. Typical conversations as of late go something like it

Is Jasmine gonna be at Disney World?

me: Yes

Is Cinderella gonna be there? what about Snow White? Is Snow White gonna be there?

me: yes, all the princesses are gonna be there

Even Belles? Is Belles gonna be there? (note: I know its Belle, but I'm not gonna argue with her!)

me: yes, all the princesses. ALL of them.

Conversation repeats 5 minutes later with a different cast of characters.

Meet the crazy Princess herself

DS Just turned 1, Happiest Lil' Guy on Earth. Up for wherever mama takes him and adores his older sister

DH-Overworked, undersexed "average" guy. Memories of Disney forever tarnished by the fact that his parents divorce meant their Disney trip was called off only 3 weeks before they were supposed to leave. I'm DETERMINED to give him a better impression of all things Disney!

Here we are

Now I should say, I probably did not help myself with DH's impression of Disney being as I *may* have booked our vacation without actually discussing it with him first

We went down to Disney on a whim in 2005 just for the weekend, and I've been dreaming of going back since.

It was a whirlwind last minute airfare is cheap so lets just do it trip. For those here on the Dis, I should just hang my head in shame...there were no ADR's, no Excel spreadsheets...just my overwhelming desire to go to Disney and some cheap flights. We booked the trip and left 2 days later...

Finances have really precluded us from going back since. Our friends go down pretty much every year. We happened to be having a play date with our girls back in April, and were checking out prices...and on a whim...HOLY CRAP...FREE dining and a reasonable vacation package price!! Well before I could say "Visa!" she was on the phone with reservations booking our vacation to Pop and our little gathering was born!

And of course, it didn't hurt that I made sure my 3 year old understood that WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD...and my devoted daddy of a husband would never have crushed her little dreams...so Sept 20th to 27th Pop Century here we come!

Next Installment- our "little" gathering grows, and DH's "reaction" to my hasty vacation plans!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Anyone who books a trip without telling their DH like I did is okay in my book! Fun report and darling kiddos!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

What cute kids!!! I plan all my trips and just tell DH when he needs to take off from work. We are going in 19 days but he is not ocming. We are going again in Nov he still does not know...but will tell him soon.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 07-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Hi!

What a great start! I'm sure your DH will love it this time. How could he not??? I love the picture with the castle. I wish I could have been there then - the pictures look like it was so pretty.

BTW - super adorable kids!! I have had similar conversations with my DD5!

Look forward to reading more!

Michelle
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
StrollPatrolMom
I'm happy to amuse myself, carry on

So where were we with the planning? oh thats right one pissed off husband and one over excited hyper active 3 year old....

so DH was less than thrilled with the Disney news...I'm sure partially it was his grandstanding over my impulsive purchase without his "consent" (what is it 1950?)

Luckily our mutual friends were going too, so thats helped "soften" the blow a bit...plus what a great deal with the free dining? how could he NOT be excited???

My friend has been down several times and fast and furiously made ADR's when we booked the trip...LaCellier was already booked! bummer!

We did manage to get Teppanyaki, Chef Mickey's (dinner) Ohana (breakfast) Spoodles (dinner) Hollywood and Vine (breakfast) Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast) Spoodles (dinner) King Arthur's Court (dinner) and just added a breakfast at Crystal Palace....so....

we started asking around if anyone might be interested in joining in on our little Mickey party...at first we had no takers, which was fine..our friends and I get along really well (she's actually my business partner) and we have same-aged kids...so we thought it would be a great vacation!!

About a month after we booked, my mom called and started asking questions about the costs, etc, etc....well, after looking into it since my son is only 1 and doesn't "count" my mom could actually come and stay with us and it was hardly any more expensive, PLUS free dining! so we figured having an extra set of hands (and an eager yiayia wanting to spend money on her grandkids!!) would be great, so my friend asked her mom to come along as well....and our grand gathering was born!

so now our girls spend their afternoons swimming around my friends little pool talking about all the stuff they are going to do at Disney

Actually, 2 weeks ago we took them to a local beach that has a little amusement park/zoo thats called "Wild Animal Kingdom" so when we told the girls we were going to "Wild Animal Kingdon" they thought we were going to THE Animal Kingdon aka Disney World...and the went NUTS...they thought we were going then and there to Disney World...took a little explaining on our part to clear up that mess...so now my 3 year old always prefaces conversations about Disney with "Disney in September"

Every day I seem to be obsessing about some aspect of our vacation or another...so future installments will contain my neurotic ramblings about all the small details...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
DaPanMan
Mouseketeer

I definately know what you mean about the ramblings. Can't wait to go, kids are already excited telling me what rides they want to do first and we have 128 days to GO!!!

If you haven't been to Crystal Palace with the kids.....look out. SO much to see and so little time to EAT. My then 3 year old could eat, had to see Pooh, Tigger, and Eyeore. Somehow he managed to get something down and was happy until lunch.
Disney World 2006 ~ SSR
Diseny World 2007 - SSR
Disney World 2009 - AKL
Disney World 2010 - BWV
Disney Cruise 2010 - 1st Cruise
Old 07-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #7
PoohGal05
DIS Veteran

Lovin' your story and can't wait to read more!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #8
Cotta
Mouseketeer

I just had to join in... I usually just lurk through peoples' TR, but we have so much in common I just had to comment. I have a three year old too and she is Disney obsessed! My husband says I have created a monster... I have to agree but she's a really cute monster! Every morning she wakes up and asks if we are going to Disney World today... we really have 26 days so I'm hoping I can make it! I'm also taking my 9 year old stepdaughter (who thankfully understands the concept of time), and my mom (she understands it too ). My DH is staying home to work and take care of our soon-to-be two year old son. This is a girls only trip! I just don't think DS is quite ready yet... Hope I don't regret that decision... I think I just use it as an excuse for another trip. See last September we took my DD3 by herself (right before her 3rd bday so she was free ), it was a last minute thing but it's hard to resist free dining right? DSD's mom wouldn't let us take her out of school so that was that. I felt really guilty, hence our trip this August. I figure the guilt about not taking DS ought to catch up with me right before he turns three next July : ! Ok enough about me... I figure I will be able to live vicariously through your trip when I come home all mopey and sad because my trip is over. Oh and we hit a lot of the same restaurants last year that you have ADRs for, so if you have any ??? let me know!
Many trips as a child (ok it seemed like it anyway... it was probably more like 5) / Dixie Landings summer of 1995 (Just Mom and I) / Off-site Spring Break '00 (Me and three friends) / Boardwalk 3/04 (The Fam plus Nana minus newest addition) / Contemporary 9/06 (Nana, DD2, and I) / 8/07 Trip with Nana and the girls (DSD9 and DD3) / 4/08 Boardwalk Grand Gathering! My whole family!! DS2 First Trip!!!/ 11/08 Marley's Surprise B-day Trip 10/09 Mom & Me Trip 1/10 01/10 Dad & I B-day Trip 7/10 Ryne's 5th B-day Trip 6/12 Brittney's a Disney Intern! 12/12 Xmas @ Nick Suites 7/13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 12/13 Christmas at Bonnet Creek

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: