Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
Terk-1
Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,302.5 miles from the Magic Kingdom!

Question Sony DSC-H1 Help, Please (and Thank you)

I have a Sony DSC-H1 camera and have been playing around with it, but could really use some help in taking better pictures with it.

Is the Steady Shot just for video on this camera?
How can I get live action pictures to come out clear and not blurry?
Is there any special settings that I can get the best photos from?
Does this camera do black & white photos?
80,82,85,88,90,93,94, 96 - ASMu, 97-98 - DxL, 99 - POFQ & BC, 00 - WL & POFQ, 01 - ASMo, 02 - Poly, 03 - CBR & WL, 04 -Pop, 05 - GC @ DL, 06 - POFQ, 07 - San Diego, 08 - San Diego (twice), 09 - Sports, 11 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 12 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
October 2013 - First Disney Cruise!!!! Western Caribbean on the Wonder
November-December 2013 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

November-December 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!!

Pictures & Video from November 2011 Trip! More to upload.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wdwfan6
Terk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
pirate girl
Earning My Ears

sony dsc h1

i have the same camera.i'll be glad to hear any answers to your questions. i have been serching for some tips on taking photos as well.we are going to mnsshp in a few weeks and i'm having trouble figuring out how to get some good night time photos. i do love my camera but i'd like to be able to shoot on modes other than auto.
1978 April CR N.Wing -Honeymoon: .. 1993 June CR Tower- F.T.F. Our Boys.. 1995 Aug. CR N. Wing .. 1996 Nov, CR N.Wing ..1998 Aug. Hilton DTD/Poly .: . 2000 April Hilton DTD : ..2003 April Hilton DTD 25th Anniv : ..2004 August Hilton DTD 50 and son Graduation family trip
..2005 Oct. POFQ MNSSHP ..2006 May Hilton DTD Mothers Day Flower Festival ..2006 Sept. CR Tower MNSSHP .. 2007 Sept. WL./Swan Celebrating Our 30th Wedding Anniv.. 2008 Nov. WL MVMCP .....2009 Nov. Hilton DTD MVMCP ....2010 May Hilton DTD Mothers Day,Flower Festival:....2010 Sept.WL.MNSSHP ....2011 March BC... 2011 OCT.Hilton/Holiday Inn DTD MNSSHP :2012 Mar.Hilton DTD ..Nov.2012 WL MVMCP
pirate girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
JR6ooo4

The Dr. Seuss of Poo
Using kerosene lanterns for light? Kerosene, who are you kidding? When did they invent kerosene?

Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois (26 miles Northwest of Walt's Birthplace)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terk-1
I have a Sony DSC-H1 camera and have been playing around with it, but could really use some help in taking better pictures with it.

Is the Steady Shot just for video on this camera?
How can I get live action pictures to come out clear and not blurry?
Is there any special settings that I can get the best photos from?
Does this camera do black & white photos?
Hi Terk-1,

as far as the steady shot, sony knows best so read the manual or go to the sony site and see if they have an online tutorial. I don't know many details of cameras other than the one I own.

for live action you just need a fast shutter speed. But if there is not enough light, like indoors in a gym or a living room, though it seems bright enough, to a camera it is not much. So you must make sure the aperture is the lowest number which makes the biggest hole in the lens and then, if needed, raise the ISO for a faster shutter speed. check out the reviews for your specific camera. My Rebel Xt can go to ISO 1600 but my wife's canon S2 is only realy good up to ISO 400.

Usualy the black and white conversion is down in post proccessing. why discard all the color info permanently?

Mikeeee
Feeel free to ask anything else. Also check out www.dpreview.com for great info and help
JR6ooo4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: