Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Just back from CSR...8/5-8/12! (Updated with pics)

Bottom line up front: We were blown away. Everything was top-notch.

First, the facilities were beautiful and immaculate. Clean beyond clean and beautifully landscaped. DW loved looking at the flowers and plants as we walked around the resort. My morning ritual was up at 6:15 a.m. (somehow I don't mind getting up early when on vacation--how's that work? ) and out the door from Room 9505, Cabana 9b to the Dig Site pool, where I'd soak in the hot tub and swim before the day started. The sun would just be coming up and the sky was a beautiful blue set against the pastel colors of El Centro and the Casitas.

^View from the bridge at daybreak, on my way for my morning swim at Dig Site

^View from the bridge after my morning swim at Dig Site

Absolutely breathtaking, and many times I'd just stand on the bridge for a few minutes and admire the view. The hammocks along the white sand beach also painted a beautiful picture.

The CM's went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. We stopped at Publix and did some grocery shopping before we checked in, but our room wasn't ready yet. We went to the luggage room and they not only held our luggage for us but refrigerated our groceries. Our stuff was nice and cool when we returned for our items. DW walked over to the fitness center late in the week and met the manager, who encouraged us to stay the day we checked out and make full use of the pools and fitness facilities. The CM's in Panchitos always went out of their way to help us find whatever we needed. I was looking for a CSR pin (for some reason, I couldn't find one anywhere last week ), and a CM spent at least 10 minutes looking for one in storage. Mousekeeping was excellent, providing little towel animals and other ditties throughout our trip. (And they kept the room clean, too! :D )

Dig Site was awesome. The theming was very nice, and again, the plants and landscaping were very pretty. The kids had fun on the slide, and DW and I enjoyed the hot tub--I strained my back before the trip and DW hyperextended her left knee during the trip, and a morning soak helped us get the kinks out. Everything was clean and pretty, and the bar staff was very helpful. We didn't get to enjoy the pool as much as we would've liked due to our schedule, and we'll program in more swim time on our next trip.

With the Dig Site as nice as it was, I didn't expect much from the quiet pools, but they were nice, too, especially the one over by Casitas. Very large, with marked lanes for lap swimming (I think it was part of the fitness center).

Pepper Market: Staffing was abundant and the wait was minimal, even with a Mensa convention going on during the week. We never had to wait to be seated, and it was usually about 10 minutes to prepare your meal. Several days I used a snack credit to go to the bakery and get a roll for breakfast. They had the nicest older lady who worked there (brain cramp, I'm forgetting her name) and speaking with her was a pleasant way to start the day. We ate lunch there twice, and it was very good for CS food. I got the ribeye once and it was cooked perfectly. The 2nd time I got the market nachos, and they were plentiful and fresh. They made a change during our stay to how they administered their bakery items on the DDP. At the beginning of the week, everything in bakery was available as a snack credit and as dessert for CS. On 8/11 the nice lady in the bakery told us they were ordered to make a change: "Bakery I" items (cinnamon rolls, danishes, croissants, baguettes, cookies, muffins, etc.) were still available on the DDP, but "Bakery II" items (creme brulees, tiramisu, fruit tarts, cheesecake slices, slices of cake, etc.) no longer were available on DDP.

Laundry: We used the guest laundry by the Cabanas quiet pool, and I was pleasantly surprised with how many washers/dryers were available--about 8 washers and 16 dryers, IIRC. Laundry was $2 per load, which I thought was reasonable given the size of the machines.

Room: Room was a little bigger than I expected, and nicely themed. The beds were comfortable, and the pillows appeared to be new or near-new. Refrigerator was small, as we expected, but still held a few half-gallons of milk/juice as well as fruit, yogurt, etc. Lots of cable channels available on TV, but we only watched the Disney-related channels while we were there. In fact, DW didn't know until 5 days into our trip that other channels were available--somehow we'd fooled her into thinking there were only 3 channels.

Bus stops: The only disappointing part of our trip, but this was on Disney Transportation and not on CSR. We were right by Bus Stop 1

^(Sorry, lens was a little foggy as we came into the heat and humidity of the day)

which we came to call "The Ironically-Named Bus Stop 1" because the buses bringing us back from the parks usually stopped at Bus Stop 1 last--they'd go to BS 2 first, then 3, then 4, then ours. This was us when they occasionally dropped off at BS 1 first----->

I just couldn't imagine a nicer place to stay. We'd definitely recommend it.

I'll add some pics later in the week. Thanks again to Buzz for all of his wonderful info. As much as he sings CSR's praises, I'm not sure he can do it justice. You just have to see it to believe it.

Last edited by Praying Colonel; 08-15-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Praying Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #2
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome back!!

WOW! Great report, thanks for sharing!!

Park buses go in that order for some reason. Bus stop 2, 3, 4 and then 1. DtD and park exit buses go bus stop 1, 2, 3, 4.

Last edited by Buzz2001; 08-14-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
HACAM
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great report!

I am so excited now! We are going in 32 days ( September 16-20)...not that I am counting.

I am so glad to hear you had a great time, not that I would ever doubt you would...it is WDW afterall!!
HACAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
kmermaid
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great info! Especially about the snack credit change, didn't know that. We will be there is less than 2 weeks!
kmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
Iluvthemouse
DIS Veteran

Thanx for the thorough report.. I cant wait.
Check in September 15...

Just so I have this clear,
for CS dessert you can only get bakery items like muffins, rolls so no chocolate cake for dessert?
Iluvthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Correct, as of last Friday. But who knows, they may change it back by the time you arrive.
Praying Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #7
JennyMominRI
Live from Red Sox Nation
We may get lucky

I'll be there in 2 days. I can't wait!
JennyMominRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:58 PM   #8
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI
I'll be there in 2 days. I can't wait!
Have a great time!!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #9
Kbarne
DIS Veteran

I loved reading your trip report. We will be there to experience the beauty and peace of CSR in a little over one month, can't wait!!!

Me (39) DD(19) DS (17)

Kbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:09 PM   #10
disneypharm
DIS Veteran

We'll be there in 5 weeks. My kids are really excited to try BB. How far is CSR to BB? It looks really close in the map. Can you walk or you have to use the buses?
disneypharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #11
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypharm
We'll be there in 5 weeks. My kids are really excited to try BB. How far is CSR to BB? It looks really close in the map. Can you walk or you have to use the buses?
Its a 2 minute ride across the street. You can walk but why would you want to.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #12
disneypharm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********
Its a 2 minute ride across the street. You can walk but why would you want to.
Thanks ********
disneypharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #13
jwsteelman
WDW veteran

We'll be there Thursday!!!!

We're going back to CSR 8/17-8/24. DW and I by ourselves for first time in 17 years. Woohoo!!!!!
jwsteelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:07 AM   #14
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Unhappy

I don't see any pics
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:19 AM   #15
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Pics

[QUOTE=LindsayDunn228]I don't see any pics [/QUOTE

I do not see the pics either. Just the red X where one should be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: