Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

Returned from CSR! 7/29 - 8/5

Coronado Springs is a GREAT resort! We've stayed in deluxes, moderates, and All Stars, and CSR ranks near the top of the list. Why...

CSR is a beautifully landscaped resort. The reflections of the buildings on the lake is really quite spectacular. All villages have a unique theme, but are all tied together with the southwestern/Mexican CSR theme.

The castmembers were quite friendly, and really went out of their way to help you. Checkin only took a matter of minutes. The CM was really nice. I'm sure she's the one responsible for the "Pixie Dust" balloons, and autographed Minnie Mouse card for DD8 that arrived on day 2. Also, one young man who worked the snack bar near the Dig Site made sure he had coffee brewed in the afternoon. By day 3 he knew I would be by stopping for iced coffee. At the Pepper Market everyone was helpful trying to explain their system (actually quite simple), and making sure everything was ok.

Housekeeping...Maria, bless her heart...we really aren't messy people at home. I don't know what happens when we're on vacation! Despite the tornado Maria walked into each day, our room was cleaned, and she came up with window designs (stuffed animals, balloons, MouseEars, etc) almost everyday!

The Pepper Market was GREAT! Normally,our WDW lunches consists of hot dogs/hamburgers/chicken fingers. We were on the Disney Dining Plan. The Pepper Market is considered 'counter serve'. So instead of burgers, we enjoyed calzones, chinese, fettucine alfredo, and a rib eye steak, along with smoothies, and all types of deserts. The German chocolate cake was delicous, but then again so was the Tiarmisu, and apple pie alamode, etc.... With the dining plan the Pepper Market is a bargain! Without the DDP though, I'm not sure. None the less is was a great place for a meal.

The rooms were the typical 'Moderate' size. Well themed, and comfortable.We were in Cabanas 8b. Overall, roomy enough for our family of three. Bigger than All Stars. Smaller than 'Deluxes'. BIG ADVANTAGE...central airconditioning! It was very quiet. Much quieter than the airconditioning units at other moderates. This made up for the single sink. The double sinks are nice, but we made do with the single sink. When DW, and DD8 were finished I took my turn.

Parking was very convenient...right down the steps from our second floor room. The only other WDW resort where parking is better is the Ft Wilderness Cabins (right outside your cabin door!). At the WL, AKL, & BC you seem to have to walk a mile just to get to your car!

Dig Site...great pool and playground area-well themed! The Jaguar slide was enjoyed by young and old alike, and was a LOT of FUN! Unfortunately, the hot tub doesn't turn on until 8 am. I'm an early riser, and like to relax in a hot tub while my family sleeps.

Morning Coffee...Although it really isn't far to the Pepper Market from Cabanas 8b, for some reason it seemed like a long morning walk just to get a cup of coffee. Coffee pots are available in the rooms, though.

Proximity to Parks/Water Parks...VERY close to everything! We seemed to be right in the middle of everything. Normally, we drove to the parks, however, when we took busses to MK, and DownTown Disney they were very good, with minimal waits. As much as I dislike busses, I have to admit our CSR bus trips were quite good!

There are my thoughts on CSR! Again, we really enjoyed it, and highly recommend this resort! Any questions?
Old 08-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
bab31
DIS Veteran

Is that section the smoking optional area where you stayed? And if so how were the rooms there? And how did you find the dining plan? I was thinking of doing that but I am concerned about having to plan where I will be when. Did you think it was finacially better than how you would have normally spent your dollars on food? Did you just get assigned that area or did you ask for a certain area when you arrived? Thanks so much

Babs
bab31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
JenniferC0025
Earning My Ears

thanks were stayinng next month and I'm glad to hear how nice it is. Except it sounds like we'll need the fan for some noise. How crowded was it? How was wait at the pepper market.
How can you tell if its counted as a service meal or sit down? Do you pick one entree dessert and drink for the quick service at one station or from different. Sorry this is our first time and it seems a little confusing
JenniferC0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
kimberh
DIS Veteran

We are staying there on Aug 23. It will be our first time at this resort.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome back!! Glad you enjoyed CSR!!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #6
plutospup
DIS Veteran

Our room at Cabanas 8b was a Non smoking room.

Pepper Market...This is a 'counter service' credit.

We normally budget $100 dollars/day for food (DW, DD8, & 'The Pup'), and eat off property, with a sit down lunch at Tony's Town Square, and Teppanyaki. For our 7 day vacation the Disney Dining Plan was less than $700, and we ate VERY well. So for less than our normal budget we had a sit down meal on property, plus character meals, plus GREAT counter service options at Pepper Market.

Initially, I was confused with the Pepper Market, too. After the first day, though, no problem

1. At podium hostess will seat your party.
2. At your table server will take your drink orders (DDP includes smoothies!), and give you a card with blank spaces.
3. Take card to the area where you want to order your meal. As you wait for your food to be prepared a CM will stamp your card. Take your food back to the table.
4. After you eat your entree, go to the dessert area. Same routine. Select dessert, and CM will stamp your card.
5. After you're finished, take your card to the register next to the Pepper Market exit. Pay/use DDP. If you're using DDP your receipt will show how many counter service credits you have remaining.

Pepper Market is THE BEST CS BARGAIN on property when using DDP.
Have a great time at CSR!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #7
tinkamom
BL II - Purple Team
Lost her Ding
Shares her computer with a VMK obsessed DD!
WINNER of Extreme WPASADI!

How were the busses going back to the resort at closing? Were the busses so crowded that people had to stand a lot?
tinkamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #8
Suzyq9241
DIS Veteran

Did you see

any fireworks on site?
Liki Tiki... Thanksgiving 2007
Silver Lake 6/13-6/22/08 11/23/08-11/28/08... Oak Plantation.. quiet.
8/14-8/23/09 Sheraton Vistana Resort
Had a nice time.. but big.. and would you believe my rent a car got hit and the driver drove off while we were in Walmart...Had to pay deductible...(500.00) for something I didnt do...
Leaving on 7/9/2010.... Driving... taking my time 7/14/10 -7/21/10 Orange Lake ... River Island... 3 bdrm... East Village
just my dh and I...was supposed to be 12 of us but now its just us

Suzyq9241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:45 AM   #9
TinkrBeth
Mouseketeer

We are leaving 9/23 for CSR and I am happy to hear you had a great trip! Can you tell me what deserts your family got at Pepper Market with the DDP? (I am curious about the fireworks also!)
September 2006 Coronado Springs
October 2007 POFQ
October 2008 Swan
May 2009 POFQ

TinkrBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #10
buffalogirl
Ohh do I get to be first?
I'm still feeling optimistic

Staying at CSR in 3 1/2 months ... awaiting more details from

plutospup.
buffalogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #11
jmcross
One way to get tagged is to have a "tag sale" ;)

According to latest reports, all restaurants are excluded from the DDP at Coronado Springs. We thought the Pepper Market and the DDP was a great value.

Check it out for yourself through this link:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm
Old 08-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #12
buffalogirl
Ohh do I get to be first?
I'm still feeling optimistic

Dining plan changes

Aren't the CSR restaurants included until 2007?
buffalogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #13
plutospup
DIS Veteran

Busses...We never found the busses to be overly crowded. At CSR we got on at bus stop #4 (Cabanas), and always found a seat. The last CSR bus stop before the MK however, was at Registration/Pepper Market. A lot of people got on there. Overall, though, it never was too crowded. Our return trips from MK were not bad either. On Friday (evening EMH) MK was PACKED! The return bus to CSR(following Wishes) was full, and people were standing in the aisle, but still not as bad as I've experienced at other resorts.

Fireworks...Yes, you can see some of the fireworks from MGM's Fantasmic. We were by the Dig Site pool one evening when we saw them. Not a great place to view fireworks, but you could see them over the treetops at the Dig Site.

Desserts...ahhhhh, now we're talking! German chocolate cake, chocolate cake, creme brulee, flan, apple pie alamode, tiarmisu, danish, cookies. Yep, they were all good!

Maya Grille...enjoyed a nice dinner with DD8. Not the typical childrens menu. She order chicken parmagian, with a nacho appetizer. I ordered filet mignon, with the crab cake appetizer. Service was good, and we enjoyed our food. Dessert was chocolate ice cream, and vanilla creme brulee.

Disney Dining Plan...Currently available at CSR through the end of the year. I also saw that several EPCOT, Downtown Disney, and CSR restaurants were dropping the plan. I would not be surprised if many restaurants come back on the DDP, but maybe under different terms. As of now the Pepper Market is the best value for counter serve meals on WDW property.

Any more questions? Happy to answer!
Old 08-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #14
kim
Mouseketeer

Csr

Hi Plutos Pup--

I've got CSR booked for the week before Christmas and we've never stayed there.

Can you tell me the approximate travel time (wdw bus) to each of the parks and DTD?

Thanks!!
kim
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #15
plutospup
DIS Veteran

Travel time to the MK was about 15 minutes. The other parks were less. Downtown Disney seemed to take forever, but in all honesty it was probably no more than 20 minutes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: