Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
kirstiebird
Mouseketeer

VIP/Golden FastPass Rumor???

Anyone hearing any rumors about a "VIP" fastpass that would allow concierge-level guests to avoid even the fastpass lines? Disney Paris apparently has such a thing and I've seen mention of this on other sites (i.e., that this is a possibility stateside in conjunction with the new year of a million dreams promotion). Would love to know more -- 103 days until our next trip and I would upgrade to a concierge level room if it meant no lines with three toddlers! Thanks for any info ...
kirstiebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

A VIP fastpass on a large scale is a rumor that's been around for a long time. The problem of course is that more FPs for any group of guest's means less available for other guests, which could cause problems.

Haven't heard anything about a pass you could buy to bypass even FP lines at WDW.

I thought I did remember hearing/reading that something like a VIP FP might be available as part of the million dreams promotion, but my understanding was those would be things guests would be randomly selected for, not things they could buy.

I could be wrong though. Certainly there has been very little detail given about exactly what the promotion will be about and how it will work.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I think I heard people will win "golden FastPasses" during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration as part of the festivities. I believe it was mentioned when the YMD was first announced.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:30 AM   #4
Beca
Apparently, we all have more money than brains!!!

WDW did apply for, and receive patents which would allow them to alter their fastpass program about a year ago. One of the "designs" of this new program would be that guests get a certain number of fastpasses per day, based upon the level of resort they are staying at. They also got patents to "schedule" the times of their fastpasses from their hotel room the night before.

If you do a search on "fastpass patents", you will find lots of discussion on the topic.

Beca
Beca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:33 AM   #5
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak
I think I heard people will win "golden FastPasses" during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration as part of the festivities. I believe it was mentioned when the YMD was first announced.
According to MiceAge (or maybe Jim Hill), the plan is to introduce the "golden fastpass" during YMD, then afterwards make it available (I think for an upcharge, tho I could be wrong) to conceirge level guests at deluxe resorts.

I believe you would use the same FP line, you could just enter any FP line at any time (basically like hotel guests at Universal).
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Could be they initiate something like this in the Premium and Platinum plans.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
klj27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidermatt
A VIP fastpass on a large scale is a rumor that's been around for a long time. The problem of course is that more FPs for any group of guest's means less available for other guests, which could cause problems.

Haven't heard anything about a pass you could buy to bypass even FP lines at WDW.

I thought I did remember hearing/reading that something like a VIP FP might be available as part of the million dreams promotion, but my understanding was those would be things guests would be randomly selected for, not things they could buy.

I could be wrong though. Certainly there has been very little detail given about exactly what the promotion will be about and how it will work.
We have friends who were randomly given a "golden fastpass" in the MK in June. They could use it on any attraction at any time and as much as they wanted for that day.
klj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #8
Dsnyfam
Earning My Ears

A Golden fastpass? Wow, never heard of it. The best thing we ever used was the front of the line access (using our room key) over at U-Studios. It's the best reason for staying at one of those hotels. You just show your key, and go past the lines--in a separate line. I guess Disney has too many hotels to offer something similar. Although I know a lot of people stay off property too--and only visit one day. Maybe they should offer it for people who have annual passes, or get lenght of stay passes, etc. (?).
Dsnyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
DOPEY44
Earning My Ears

A Golden Pastpass!! Where is Willy Wonka when you want him?
DOPEY44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #10
HTF
Yearning My Bears

Is there any truth in this rumor? Can somebody just buy the fastpass instead of having to stay at the concierge level resort?
HTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
Dianewes
Think Tink!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klj27
We have friends who were randomly given a "golden fastpass" in the MK in June. They could use it on any attraction at any time and as much as they wanted for that day.

WOW That is so cool they must have felt like royalty !!

Dianewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:40 PM   #12
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTF
Is there any truth in this rumor? Can somebody just buy the fastpass instead of having to stay at the concierge level resort?
Today you can do something similar to what you are talking about at Universal Studios Florida. Not at Disney.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #13
Demosthenes

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klj27
I was given one of these in July. It was great. I was by myself, and went to City Hall to make an ADR. When I said it was for one, the CM asked me "Are you all alone?" When I said yes, she said, "Well, since you won't have anyone to talk to while you wait in line, you can have this." It was just a paper fastpass with a picture of Pinnochio on it that said "No strings attached Fastpass." It then said this fastpass was good at any attraction accepting fastpasses for anytime in the MK for July 21 (handwritten date). There was a check box for either one use, or repeated use. On a crowded July Saturday, I saw everything in the MK multiple times. It made solo touring pretty nice.
“It’s a pastime; something you do. It’s entertainment; something you watch. And it’s a shared experience; something you talk about and read about. But you can apply those three criteria to other things. What makes baseball special is that it’s the best game that’s ever been devised.”

Richard Creamer
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 AM   #14
ppiew
DIS Veteran

The VIP Fastpass in Europe (concierge guests) is just an unlimited fastpass - not a separate line. You don't have to get a FP to each attraction, just show your VIP FP at the attraction and hop unto the FP line.
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:56 AM   #15
K9Z9WZ
Earning My Ears

I hope this will become reality a'la Universal Orlando instead of guests of Concierge Resorts only.
K9Z9WZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: