Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #76
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP99
It was the best experience ever, and for me I think it is because I was a senior & over the partying thing...so I really took in and appreciated the fact that I got to work at the coolest place on earth!
same for me- I was a senior, one class (3 hours) short of graduation when I did the program. My roommates, fortunately were older too!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 09-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #77
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

DAY 5, Tuesday, August 22
Well our trip is nearing an end. How sad. But we are worn out and feeling ready to go home by tomorrow. DH has had his fill of Disney! We actually slept in today which was nice. We didn’t eat breakfast either and just arrived at Epcot at 10am. We had already done all the big attractions we had wanted to in the parks, so today was just for enjoying second rides or the world showcase. We decided to check out the Land boat ride- Living with the Land. I actually enjoy this ride. Who doesn’t love a mickey shaped pumpkin? I mean come on folks! Lo and behold, it was shut down. We knew it was down yesterday morning, when we were there eating breakfast and riding Soarin, but I figured it was a breakdown or something. So I asked and it turns out it was closed for refurbishment. Either I am losing my mind, or they did this as a surprise. I don’t remember reading on the board or in my AllEars newsletter that this attraction would be down. I knew all about tea cups going down and Millionaire etc. So we didn’t get to ride it. Bummer. So instead, we checked out Innoventions and did the obligatory email pictures. Here are a few.

We decided to check out the ‘house of innvoation’ attraction- the walk through house where they show you all the coolest new technology. We were not far behind in line, but we didn’t realize they only take like 12 people in at a time and it lasts 15 minutes or so. So we waited and waited. But given we weren’t in a hurry to do anything, we just waited it out. We overheard the CM talking to the family in front of us. They had 4 children, and I swore these kids looked all the same age. 3 boys and one girl. Turns out, it was two sets of twins, a year apart. Talk about crazy! Those parents were great and so were the kids, very well behaved, especially given the long line. We finally did the tour and it was okay, but not worth the wait. Many people walked out in the middle of the CM giving his spiel in different rooms. And then the exit door wouldn’t shut properly since they ‘snuck’ out early. I felt bad for the CM.

After our tour of the innovative house, we headed to Le Cellier for our 11:15am reservation for lunch. I have eaten here before twice and love it. We checked in and waited. We were finally seated and were the first ones called actually. We sat in the Yukon section at a table for 2, right next to another table for 2. Talk about being close! You can see how close in this picture!

We enjoyed our lunch immensely. I ordered the popular cheese soup for appetizer and it was so good. DH has the shrimp cocktail and he said it was good, but very spicy. We both had the filet for lunch with mashed potatoes- cream cheese mashed potatoes. Talk about heaven. Both were delicious. For dessert- DH had some berry concoction and I ordered the chocolate ‘mousse’ off the kids menu.

It was so cute and very good. The waitress didn’t question a thing. And we left again, with a $100 tab, and didn’t pay a dime. We did tip extra as we usually did at each sit down meal. We were done eating by 12:30pm.

Next, we headed off to tour the World Showcase and do our actual shopping for DH’s mom’s bday. We stopped in the UK and bought her some tea. In France, we got a selection of chocolates. Canada was a small bottle of maple syrup and a cranberry chocolate bar. In Japan, we got her some Japanese candy and then what looked like a trail mix sort of, but had dried fish in it. Like small dried fish, sardines maybe? It looked disgusting, but we thought it was cool and all the writing was in Japanese. His mom laughed when she got that one and DH’s brother tried one of the fish and said it was disgusting! Lol. In Morocco, we got her some incense and then tons of chocolate in Germany. DH got some for himself too and said it was amazing. I got my usual gummy stuff! Love those gummy cherries. In Italy we got some cookies and more tea in China. In Norway we settled on more chocolate! I mean it is for his mom, she loves chocolate. We did see the taffy maker in Japan and that was very cool. Worth the time to stop.
here's a pic of everything we bought her

After our shopping extravaganza and walking off that heavy lunch, we hit up spaceship earth one last time. A favorite of mine, no matter how out of date. Btw- it was worth mentioning, there were very small crowds during our tour of the world showcase, it opens at 11, so I guess most folks were still in future world. So it’s a great time to tour it.

And then we said bye bye to Epcot. So sad. We did really enjoy Epcot as I knew we would. After our ride on spaceship earth, we departed the park, and it was near 2:30pm. We headed back to the hotel for a quick nap and to pack.

HIGHLIGHTS:
Le Cellier meal and chocolate mousse
Shopping around the world with no crowds
Seeing the Japanese taffy maker

LOW LIGHTS
Living with the Land closed
Gross Japanese dried fish!
Long wait for house of innovation

MONEY SPENT
2 table service credits
My DH spent at least $50-60on all the stuff for his mom

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: