Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #16
ReneeDisney
Off to Neverland.....

Good luck!! and Enjoy!
Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust..
Can't wait to hear about the trip... keep us posted!

Old 08-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #17
BbearRosenfeld
Life is what happens while planning your next WDW vacation!

I liked the post response where they talked about the rides helping with the pregnancy. Michelle that means you should definitely take advantage of the rides there, see if pixie dust helps. And remember Mike and I got pregnant both times a month after going to Disney! I believe in pixie dust!

2013 Port Orleans, Riverside (WDW)
2010 Residence Inn Maingate (DL)
2009 Wilderness Lodge (WDW)
2005 Port Orleans, Riverside (WDW)
2004 Gaylord Palms (WDW)
2004 Port Orleans, French Quarter (WDW)
2002 Grand Floridian (WDW)
2002 Coronado Springs (WDW)
2000 Port Orleans, Riverside (WDW)
1997 Off Site (WDW)
1997 Carribean Beach Resort (WDW)
1995 Fort Wilderness Cabin (WDW)
1984 Fort Wilderness Campsite (WDW)
1982 Fort Wilderness Campsite (WDW)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #18
dawn8226
Mouseketeer

Have fun and good luck. So far the trip report is great.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #19
AtoZgirl
Learning how to grow up... with my Mickey ears on (of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm
send some pixie dust my way.
Going to Disney August 12th... so I'll be putting Pixie Dust EVERYWHERE for you so when you come it will be already there. Anyway...make some babies and have a wonderful trip... maybe we'll run into each other !!! Oh... and you're probably wondering why I'm soooo happy and excited for you even though we both have no idea who each other is... but I was concieved in WDW on my parents honeymoon a little over 22 years ago. So, I'ma happy Disney baby even at 21
Old 08-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #20
janets
A bad day at Disney is better than a good day anywhere else!

As a TTC veteran too (secondary infertility) I also believe that you have to live your life as well. Go and enjoy yourself.

We tried for 15 months to get pregnant w/ our second child. After Clomid, injectibles and 2 miscarriages (even losing twins) we were on the list for IVF. Imagine my surprise when, the month after I failed an injectible cycle, I got pregnant on my own. Our second son is now 4 years old.

I do believe that babies have a way of getting where they need to when they need to. Sending tons of baby dust your way...

and wishing you a wonderful vacation.

Please update us when you get back. In fact, you might want to pack a little test stick in case you can't stand the suspense while you're gone.

Disneyland 1991 Offsite 1992 CBR August 1997 Swan/CR Concierge January 2001 CR/DCL Wonder August 2001 CR December 2001
Offsite December 2004 POR June 2005 Offsite Jersey Week Nov 2005 WL February 3-6, 2006 Spring Break April 8-14, 2006 Free Dining Sept. 9-16, 2006 NJ Teachers' Conv. 11/4-11/11/06 Jason's 9th Birthday February 3-6, 2007 Aug. 18-25, 2007 March 23, 2008 August 16-22, 2008 April 9-17, 2009 February 18-22, 2011 July 22-25, 2011

Old 08-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Another VIRGO!!!! YAY!

This is a good one...REALLY glad your husband doesnt sport a mullet in real life!

Wishing you a sweetie-bug soon!!!
Old 08-13-2006, 05:44 PM   #22
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama
Another VIRGO!!!! YAY!

This is a good one...REALLY glad your husband doesnt sport a mullet in real life!

Wishing you a sweetie-bug soon!!!
the funny thing is when we met, he did have longer hair than me....but i'll spare him the humiliation of posting one of those pics!

well update- only about 5 days til our trip and our artificial insemination is done! now we just have to wait 2 weeks to find out if it worked. there were 4 viable eggs ovulated. so hopefully at least one or two are fertilized! i don't think i could handle 4!

i have started packing today and what a pain the no liquids thing is going to be. now we have to check bags, when we didn't plan to check any before. oh well, i am going to WDW, i can't complain!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 08-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #23
MomPlanner22
If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!

Just relax and enjoy yourself. Remember that the human baby is designed to protect a baby in the making, especially during it's first few weeks. My OB opinion would be to avoid alcohol and excessive caffeine and other than that, just listen to your body and have fun! Rest, lots of liquids and relaxation are great!

I can tell you that my first took 10 years and my second took 10 minutes!

I'll be thinking lots of good thoughts for you!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #24
Mischa
Disney Dreamin'

Michelle,

My thoughts & prayers are with you! I hope the insemination works for you guys! We've been through it 3 times unsuccessfully (after trying for over 10 years - but that's a story in itself), anyway, the one thing I can tell you is don't stress! The human body is designed to protect that is true, but stress isn't good. So just take it easy and enjoy! Let your dh pamper you (let WDW pamper you!)

Good luck!!! Sending baby dust to you!!

hugs,

Animal Crossing info:
friend code: 0774-9616-0998
Town: Ditny
Name: Michelle

Proud DVC members at SSR! Off-site: 1976 (my 1st trip), 1990 & 1998 (Coronado Springs); Ft. Wilderness Cabins: 2006 (DH's 1st trip, became DVC members!); SSR: 12/2006; 7/2007; 11/2007; 9/2008; 5/2009, 10/2009
Old 08-17-2006, 03:01 PM   #25
exwdwcm

Well the time has come! we leave tomorrow on an 11:30am flight out of DFW, but not before a quick stop at the doctor's office for a blood test. I won't know if i am pregnant yet, but can test when we get home from Disney! this is what they call the 2 week wait! so I'll be consulting the doc about what to take it easy on if needed. So we could be pregnant at this point or not!

Weather looks decent- thunderstorms most days- 60% the first day, 50% the second and 40 or 30% the rest of the time. it's gotta be better than the 105 here in Dallas!

I'll be taking great notes on our trip, so I can post in great detail and with pics! And hopefully I can share some good news then too, we will see. See you on the flipside when I am depressed that I am not in disney anymore!

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 08-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #26
reggiemcp
Mouseketeer

Smile You won't belive this......but

Had to jump in and tell you that this sounds like my story, didn't even read the whole thread yet.

Hubby and I were married about 6 years before we starting trying for a family, I was 38 and he was 40, those first few years just flew by. Anyway after about 6 months of trying the old fashioned way, we consulted fertiliy doc. Long story short, in the middle of this chaos, decided I needed something to look forward to, so I booked a trip to my place for December 2004. Went on Clomid and we went for 1st try at Interuterine Insemination or IUI and no luck, doc said we could only try 3 times. Didn't hold much faith then for second time, but it worked. So hubby, baby to yet be named and I headed off to WDW. I was only about 6 weeks pregnant and we hadn't told anyone (broke the news at Christmas). I didn't go on some of the rides, but still had a blast. Although hubby ended up eating his dinner and most of mine, I stuck mostly to pretzels. So good luck and go and have a great time.

So Disney holds an extra special place in my heart, DS in now a certified DIS addict and we are going back again next month.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #27
exwdwcm

well we are back! got in last night, after some rough weather in orlando and Dallas!

so in summary, lots of food, sun, rain, heat, more free food, crazy birds, lots of ducks, lots of rude folks, plenty of nice CMs, lots of towel animals and lots of fun!

we had a great time, but we were ready to come home. 6 days of the mouse is asking a lot of DH, and he did it quite well.....he particularly enjoyed "Norvay"....or let's say the hot blonds that were working there anyways! lol....i tried to get him to take a pic with them, but he wouldn't.

it was hot, but we lived with it. Crowds were okay, not too bad. We managed around most lines with careful planning and FP. We didn't wait longer than 25 or 30 minutes for anything, and that was only on a ride or two. Everything else we used FP and got on immediately or we waited 10 minutes on average or walked on.

We did EMH night at Epcot, MGM and MK- all were crowded, but not too horrible. We did less visisted attractions so didn't have to fuss with lines too much during EMH.

We thorougly enjoyed our free dining and used every single credit without even trying too hard!

I'll begin our 'real' trip report over the weekend with pics and details. I can even tell you about the full grown adult woman we saw wearing a tinkerbell costume!

oh and I won't have any news on whether we are pregnant or not until early next week. keep your fingers crossed!

Old 08-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #28
luvmyboys
WoW Widow
Us non-confrontational people aren't very skilled at laying down the law!
I shed worse than an English sheepdog!
I got one leg stuck in the holey knee

Welcome back to the real world! Hoping you get some good news soon to boost you out of any post-Disney funk you may find yourself in.

Can't wait to read your TR!

Last edited by luvmyboys; 08-24-2006 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling-- duh!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #29
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm
. So I could actually be pregnant, in the very early stages anyways on our trip. Or so I hope. But it is a catch-22. What about Expedition everest? What about all the thrill rides I love so much and even more important, what about those yummy lava coladas at the Poly? What will I ever do?

Ok one serious point from me..as someone who is veru familiar with fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS or FASD) please do NOT, NEVER, NOT drink any alcohol beverage ever during pregnancy. The effect on the fetus's brain is horrible and creates a variety of defects. The drink isn't worth it.

Now, the thrill rides..those may be worth the risk

I am TTC and poor hubby barely realizes what these dates in WDW mean for us in Sept. If i can hold of my cycle approx 2 more days, I will have a good chance of being fertile(with a little help from clomid) during our trip in sept.
Hubby is not a baby person, not jazzed by the idea, but was willing to let me try. (He likes the fun of trying anyways) He thinks things are in his favor(age, weight, job) but little did he realize the mouse may be on my side for this one!
I am glad to hear the rides may help too. I will make sure to go on RNR soon after.

Hope you get your little souvenir and maybe I will get mine.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #30
lookingforward
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your reports and lookingforward to your next trip report this weekend! Glad you had a great time. I understand about your husband having just enough of the mouse...my husband is the same way. He indulges me and my obsession with WDW, but a week is his limit. (we did 11 days once and he thought it was a bit too much). He does love the AKL though so we focus on that so he is happy too.

I want to wish you all the best and am thinking positive thoughts for you and your husband. I hope you have wonderful news soon!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: