Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
cbmeadors
Mouseketeer

Steam rooms

I love steam rooms and really enjoy that they are available in the locker room of most cruise ships is that true for the Dream as well? I know that there is one in the rainforest room, which i may do one day, but for the other days is there a steam room to use?
cbmeadors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
robhawk
DIS Veteran

There is a dry sauna in the Dream & Fantasy locker rooms.
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmeadors View Post
I love steam rooms and really enjoy that they are available in the locker room of most cruise ships is that true for the Dream as well? I know that there is one in the rainforest room, which i may do one day, but for the other days is there a steam room to use?
There is also a dry sauna in the men's locker room on the Magic and the Wonder. I don't know about the women's locker rooms. v
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
cbmeadors
Mouseketeer

I was thinking there was a steam room in the locker room of the Wonder and not just a sauna but I guess I am thinking of other ships.
cbmeadors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmeadors View Post
I also really enjoy steam rooms but didn't know there were any on any cruise?
are they actually dry sauna or steam rooms?
anyone know, particularly on the fantasy?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Four Swampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
I also really enjoy steam rooms but didn't know there were any on any cruise?
are they actually dry sauna or steam rooms?
anyone know, particularly on the fantasy?
The Magic and Wonder have a dry sauna in the locker room. I forget about the Fantasy and the Dream

All four ships have steam rooms in the Rainforest. The Rainforest on each ship is an area that has heated tile loungers, one or two steam rooms, and a dry sauna. On the Dream and Fantasy, the Rainforest also has a couple of hot tubs and a view of the ocean. No exterior view on the Magic nor Wonder.

There is an additional charge for use of the Rainforest. Typically sold for the length of the cruise, but day passes can often be purchased prior to your cruise, and can sometimes be purchased on board.

Dry Sauna, locker room of Disney Magic:

Heated loungers, Rainforest, Disney Magic:

Dry Sauna with heated tile bench, Rainforest, Disney Magic:

"Mild Steam Room," Rainforest, Disney Magic:

Old 01-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
The Magic and Wonder have a dry sauna in the locker room. I forget about the Fantasy and the Dream
THANK YOU so much Four Swampers for your awesome answer and pics...Yes! the hamam...I love those...will definately be going to the steam room and sauna..

Do you have any idea of how much it costs to use these everyday? I just tried to book them on the on board activities site and couldn't find it... If you book usage of the rainforest sauna are you also allowed to use the hot tubs that have the oceanview?

Thanks again..
Old 01-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Four Swampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneYE View Post
THANK YOU so much Four Swampers for your awesome answer and pics...Yes! the hamam...I love those...will definately be going to the steam room and sauna..

Do you have any idea of how much it costs to use these everyday? I just tried to book them on the on board activities site and couldn't find it... If you book usage of the rainforest sauna are you also allowed to use the hot tubs that have the oceanview?

Thanks again..
The Rainforest includes the loungers, the steam rooms, the sauna, and (on Fantasy and Dream, the oceanview hot tubs. The tile loungers on the Fantasy and Dream have a view of the ocean as well.

I think a seven day pass on the Fantasy runs around $80 to $90, and a couples pass around $150. A day pass, if available, is around $16.

To book a day pass before travel, go to "In Room Gifts and Shopping." The pass is considered a thing to purchase, not an activity, so you will not find it under excursions and dining reservations.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #9
atinkerella
Earning My Ears

So am I able to use the rooms if I had an treatment appointment?
Like going earlier on the day of treatment or staying afterwards?
atinkerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
The Rainforest includes the loungers, the steam rooms, the sauna, and (on Fantasy and Dream, the oceanview hot tubs. The tile loungers on the Fantasy and Dream have a view of the ocean as well.

I think a seven day pass on the Fantasy runs around $80 to $90, and a couples pass around $150. A day pass, if available, is around $16.

To book a day pass before travel, go to "In Room Gifts and Shopping." The pass is considered a thing to purchase, not an activity, so you will not find it under excursions and dining reservations.
THANK YOU again.... Just looked it up and can't book online...have to print , fill and send.. which I might do...btw, they only have the day pass which is at $16 ...might do this when onboard as well..
Old 01-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #11
cyndyminnie
Earning My Ears

You can also call and get the day pass. The number is on the form I believe. That's what I did last week for our upcoming cruise and although I was on hold for about 15 minutes once I got through it was pretty easy.

From what I have read on these boards, the day pass is not always available on board (just the passes for the entire cruise) and you can always upgrade to the length of cruise pass once on board if you buy a day pass in advance.
cyndyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
MINNIEANN MOUSE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndyminnie View Post
You can also call and get the day pass. The number is on the form I believe. That's what I did last week for our upcoming cruise and although I was on hold for about 15 minutes once I got through it was pretty easy. From what I have read on these boards, the day pass is not always available on board (just the passes for the entire cruise) and you can always upgrade to the length of cruise pass once on board if you buy a day pass in advance.
Is there an age limit? My 16 year old might find this relaxing and it would give us some Mother/Daughter time. Thanks for all of the great info!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #13
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINNIEANN MOUSE View Post
Is there an age limit? My 16 year old might find this relaxing and it would give us some Mother/Daughter time. Thanks for all of the great info!
The spa with the Rainforest Room is 18 and over. The Chill Spa is a separate area for teenagers.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: