Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #31
DisneyVetMom
Earning My Ears

I have a tattoo on my right shoulder its not Disney but as far as pain goes it just burned. The worst part for me was when the dude was coloring it in. It really wasnt that bad, but I do tolerate pain rather well so....but really if you have been through childbirth then you should be able to handle a 45 minute tattoo.

WDW 1973 - 1984 too many times to count
1992 Spring Break MK one day
1992 Summer CM at MGM in the Looney Bin
2001 (Sept 11 ) off site
2003 Typhoon Lagoon
2006 August 18 - 24 Off site but @ DTD
Possible trip in 2014
DisneyVetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #32
yearbook50
Mouseketeer
I gave all of I-95N a peep show

I'm working on designing my next one. I want a Stitch that peaks out of my leg.
yearbook50 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #33
yearbook50
Mouseketeer
I gave all of I-95N a peep show

opps douple post
yearbook50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #34
newman7501
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ty&Lins
I would LOVE to get a tattoo but I am one huge, massive, gigantic CHICKEN! I have very little pain tolerance. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to let the tattoo artist finish his artwork.

Does anyone with multiple tattoos have opinions on the least painful and the most painful body locations?

Also, more pictures would be great. I can live vicariously through fellow DISers until I build up the nerve to get my own!
I have two tattoos, one is on the inside of my leg above my ankle, the other is my disney tattoo, Sebastian from the little mermaid and it is on my lower back on the left side. Neither bothered me too much, On the leg one when they went over the bone it did sting alittle. I think my naval piercing bothered me more than the tattoos. I do tolerate pain quiet well, after giving birth to two kids natural, I'm game for anything.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #35
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Mine...

Old 08-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #36
apirateslifeforme
The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon
On a serious note, I have to agree with the pantyhose and buttfloss
Rare. Bloody rare. Still mooing

Hmm...maybe I'll get a Captain Jack Sparrow over my entire back. That would rock!

I'm already looked at as strange because I have 2 Duran Duran tattoos on my left ankle...the symbol from the New Moon on Monday video, and a sun above that (for Reach Up For the Sunrise).
apirateslifeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #37
Starshine
"Like many other much-loved humans, they believed that they owned their dogs, instead of realizing that their dogs owned them." - Dodie Smith, 101 Dalmatians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ty&Lins
Does anyone with multiple tattoos have opinions on the least painful and the most painful body locations?
Although I don't have a Disney tattoo (yet ) I have a dragon on my lower back, a Star Wars tattoo on my shoulder, and the design from our Celtic wedding bands around my arm as an armband. For me, there were two factors in the pain involved.

1. How close to my spine and/or armpit they were
2. How long it took to complete

The one on my shoulder is pretty big (took four hours to finish and I did it all in one sitting). By the end of hour three (and all the way through the last hour) it HURT!!! The one on my lower back took an hour and it didn't hurt much at all (and it was my first one). The armband I was nervous about because everyone said it will really hurt on the underside of your arm. Although I cringed a bit, it wasn't nearly as bad as my shoulder. But then again the armband only took two hours.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #38
GrumpeyMom
Mouseketeer

I have Grumpy on my left ankle and would like to get Eeyore somewhere as well. However, I'm kind of a chicken

Here's a pic of my Grumpy.

Deidra

Me DH DS16 DD13
5/98 - CBR
12/99 - CBR
9/05 - GF
9/06 - POP
05/07 - offsite - 1 day MK trip

GrumpeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #39
FanOfStitch
DIS Veteran

Location: WI for now but I want to live in FL, preferably WDW!!

I wish I could post pictures, but I haven't been able to figure that out. Anyway, I have mickey heads around my wrist. I consider them hidden because you really have to look close to notice. I also just got a tink done on my leg. I love the way it turned out!! I'm thinking I may get the castle done on the inside of my leg to make it look like tink is flying around the castle.

For the poster who wanted to know the least painful spot, I have a tattoo on my wrist, the back of my neck, my right ankle and my left leg from about the middle of my calf down to my foot. The back of the neck hurt the most , but that was also because there was about 6 different colors so they were basically coloring over open skin (but it was well worth it ). The tink that I had done on my leg I couldn't even feel. (This would be above the ankle but below the knee). I had to ask my artist if he was getting the ink in (He loved that question ).

I have to agree with everyone else. I find tattoos very addicting!
All Star Movies, Nov 2001; Corondo Springs, Nov 2002; All Star Music, August 2003; Old Key West, April 2004; Pop Century, August 2004; Grand Californian @ Disneyland, June 2005; All Star Sports, Oct 2005 (1st MNSSHP & Hurricane Wilma); Caribbean Beach, August 2006 (Free Dining); Port Orleans Riverside, Dec 2006 (1st MVMCP); Saratoga Springs, March 2007 (P&P Party); Port Orleans French Quarter, August 2007 (Free Dining & P&P Party); Old Key West, January 2008 (P&P Party); Pop Century, September 2008 (Free Dining & MNSSHP); Disney Wonder & All Star Movies, December 2008; Villas at Wilderness Lodge, July 2009 (DS 16th Birthday!); Bay Lake Tower & Disney Magic, September 2009; All Star Sports, September 2010; Old Key West & Disney Magic, November 2010; All Star Sports, September 2011; Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani, September 2012; Saratoga Springs, September 2013
FanOfStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #40
jenkh
Mouseketeer

I have Winnie and Piglet hand in hand on my ankle. I love it.

Me and my mom have recently been discusing getting macthing mickey tattoos. It's still very much in planning stage, but is gonna happen probably as an x-mas present to each other.

As soon as I can get the time i'll post a pic of my Winnie and Piglet.

All Star Music Oct 10-17 2005 / Coronado Springs Dec 1-8 2006 / DCL Trip January 26 2008 Western
All Star Movies Sept 26 - Oct 1 2008 /Boardwalk Villas January 17-24 2009 / Animal Kingdom Villas January 24-31 2009
First Trip to Disneyland! Oct 31-Nov 3 2010 / Animal Kingdom Villas Dec 3-10 2010 / Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 4-12 2011
DCL Fantasy Dec 8 - 15 2012
jenkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #41
mickeymousemom
Missing: Three tags last seen in this space. Large reward for any info leading to their return.

Location: An hour north of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and 90 minutes south of legendary NOTRE DAME...Go Irish!

I just got my first tattoo on my right upper back/shoulder area. It's a black tribal about 6 in. long and 2 in. wide...of course, it has a hodden Mickey right in the middle...very cool...I am now addicted. I already have a tattoo picked out for the top of my foot. It's really cute with simple flowers bound together in a V-shape..I'm going to substitute a hidden Mickey for the flower that's in the middle. I love hearing about everyone's Disney tattoos!
Old 08-08-2006, 06:08 AM   #42
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

Mickeymousemom: I'd love to see your tattoos. I'm trying to find a floral/tribal design with a hidden mickey for the top of my foot, also. I've currently got Sorcerer Mickey on my right ankle and an anklet of the "Peace, Love, Mickey" on my left ankle. Can you tell me where you found your design or did you design it yourself?

Mickeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:46 AM   #43
sPaRkLeSpAz
wow, our house has been scary today
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Peanut butter pie!

Hmm, I really want mouse ears on my ankle.. I haven't gotten it done yet though.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 AM   #44
Mickey&Donald
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.
Emo-Boy was killing my buzz

I'm planning on either Mickey heads or Steamboat Willie for my next tattoo (I already have 5, none are Disney-related, though).

DLR '79-'08 (too many times to count!). DLP '96. WDW '00, '03, '06, '07, '08
Mickey&Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:31 AM   #45
moose4mouse
Mouseketeer

I have one...(upper arm)

and so does DW.(ankle)

Dec. 2004 POP & AKL
Sep. 2005 POFQ
May 2006 POFQ
Dec. 2006 AKL
Oct. 2007 WL