Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
Mmfan4
Earning My Ears

Thanksgiving

Hi!
We are wondering where we should look at to eat Thanksgiving? We really aren't sure where has a good spread or menu.
Thank you for suggestions!
Mmfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmfan4 View Post
Hi!
We are wondering where we should look at to eat Thanksgiving? We really aren't sure where has a good spread or menu.
Thank you for suggestions!
I like Liberty Tree Tavern on Thanksgiving.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
sleepingbean
DIS Veteran

We have been a few times over Thanksgiving week and my favorite Thanksgiving meal was in DownTown Disney at the Fulton's restaurant (the boat restaurant). They had no trouble getting us in without reservation day of (Thanksgiving day). We enjoyed shopping before hand, and then the Chef had a fantastic Thanksgiving menu. My kids are not in love with turkey comfort food, so my eldest got filet mignon off the kid menu, which was delightful. They were able to accommodate our allergies and it was just so nice to sit there and watch the water, the people, the birds outside. We had usual turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, but some twists, too (like lobster in the squash soup and a house made cranberry relish that was so delightful). I would definitely dine there for Thanksgiving again. Also, if you stay at a resort that can reach DTD by boat, it is a very relaxing trip back to POR or SSR.
Another spot that tastes like Thanksgiving year round is the Garden Grill rotating restaurant in Epcot. (I may have gotten the name wrong?). That was fun and fantastic when coupled with a Seeds Tour in the Land Pavillion.

The Gluten Free Dairy Free Food We Ate in Disney World
We are NOT Disney People - The First trip report - Pt 1

sleepingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Mmfan4
Earning My Ears

Thank you for these suggestions. We will look into them!

Jen
Old 03-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

I have also posted looking for Thanksgiving recommendations and got a couple that I'll share... I got a pretty big response suggesting Whispering Canyon, as well as Liberty Tree Tavern. Got one for Captain's Grill too. We personally went to Cape May Cafe last Thanksgiving and we thought it was great!! We thought the Thanksgiving selections were very good, and the crab legs were SO good!! Would definitely recommend it. We wanted to try somewhere else this year, but we haven't decided where yet! Good luck, maybe we'll see you there!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
lala5176
Mouseketeer

I agree. Garden Grill too. These are more homestyle,,,like Thanksgiving dinner.

2000 Off site, 2004 Disney Magic, 2006 Disney Magic, 2007 CBR, 2009 Disney Magic, 2010 Shades of Green, 2010 CSR, 2011 Beach Club, 2012 POR, 2013 Yacht Club, 2014 Disney Fantasy , 2014 Grand Floridian

lala5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
Mmfan4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
I have also posted looking for Thanksgiving recommendations and got a couple that I'll share... I got a pretty big response suggesting Whispering Canyon, as well as Liberty Tree Tavern. Got one for Captain's Grill too. We personally went to Cape May Cafe last Thanksgiving and we thought it was great!! We thought the Thanksgiving selections were very good, and the crab legs were SO good!! Would definitely recommend it. We wanted to try somewhere else this year, but we haven't decided where yet! Good luck, maybe we'll see you there!!
Great! Thanks!

Jen
Old 05-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Mmfan4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Where is the Cape May Cafe?
Thank you
Old 05-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
Mmfan4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Old 05-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #10
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmfan4 View Post
That is right in the Beach Club. You go in through the front entrance, it's all the way to the back right. The buffet is great, lots of options for dinner and dessert. You will enjoy it!
Here's the link to the Disney website where you can see everything they offer. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...cape-may-cafe/

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: