Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

La Hacienda de San Angel sharing question

I'll be going here for dinner with my two daughters 7 & 9. I'm thinking of having the three of us share the:

Parrillada - Del Mar(serves 2) - Mixed grill offering shrimp, fish, scallops and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas $55.00

It says its for two.... Will it be an issue for us? Its either this, or I order one appetizer and one adult entree for all of us to share.

TIA!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

Three of you sharing it should not be a problem at all. We did the same thing not too long ago with the meat "serves 2" platter there. One daughter was not particularly hungry, plus we were ordering an appetizer that would already get some food in her, so we just decided to let her eat some of our "serves 2" platter (which we thoroughly enjoyed). Server did not give us a hard time at all. If you're paying out-of-pocket, you can share pretty much whatever you want.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
epsmith921
Mouseketeer

You will be fine. We have done the meat platter twice now and it was too much food even for two adults that like to eat. We didn't even really touch the rice or beans that came with it, so those are a wonderful way to stretch it if necessary.

We got tortillas with the meat platter too so that stretches it even more.

Then remember you have chips and salsa and it's a lot of food that I found to be reasonably priced.
epsmith921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
I'll be going here for dinner with my two daughters 7 & 9. I'm thinking of having the three of us share the:

Parrillada - Del Mar(serves 2) - Mixed grill offering shrimp, fish, scallops and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas $55.00

It says its for two.... Will it be an issue for us? Its either this, or I order one appetizer and one adult entree for all of us to share.

TIA!
It'll be plenty, and IMHO it's one of the few remaining TS values left.

DS (all 6-2 250 of him), DW and I shared that during our last meal there and it was plenty of food. Our very nice server also offered to bring us more rice, beans and tortillas if we wanted them, but what they gave us was plenty.

It's very good, too! I think they put crack in the corn they serve with it. Man, is that stuff awesome.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: