Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
dianemb
DIS Veteran

only a person's opinion

Don't change plans just because of a review here on the boards. If people did that no one would eat at WDW. For every bad review of a resturaunt there are good ones too. Last time we went we ate at both Le Cellier and Alfredo's and I don't think either were worth it. I also loved Coral reef. Go figure.
Take reviews with a grain of salt. Each one is someones opinion who's taste may not be the same as yours.

PACO (RIP) DINGO
dianemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Thats exactly what I say.. I have found my family and I like alot of the places that others dont. Taste differs..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
diseve
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thank you for saying this. We found one or two places that others just rave about that we didn't care for all that much. But to each his own.
diseve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
dawgfan
from georgia ya'll

Thanks for sharing your review with us.
POFQ July 2004
POFQ July 2007
WL Villas April 2009
POFQ July 2010
WL Villas March 2011
POFQ April 2011
POR June 2011
Off Site-Best Western LBV June 2012
POFQ-June 2013
POFQ- December Christmas trip 2013
ASMu- April 2014
POFQ-May 2014
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
Silly Girl
Mouseketeer

I can't agree more!!!! I read time after time about someone cancelling their ADR's just because someone else had a bad experience. Remember, Disney restaurants serve hundreds of people daily. Just because someone else has a bad experience doesn't necessarily mean you are going to have a bad experience.
Silly Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Yep, dont change your plans because of one bad review. I dont. If there are a lot of bad reviews I might reconsider, but I really would check to see why they said it was bad. Everyone has different views on what makes some place a bad place. But everyone has different opinons and likes.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
Denise Thies
Mouseketeer

Everyone has different tastes and like different entrees and have dfferent places they enjoy. Everyone has to have their own experience and decedie for themselves.
Denise Thies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
TikiGoddess
DIS Veteran

I'd agree, I was totally underwhelmed by Boma (worst service we had the entire trip) and really didn't even think the zebra domes were that great (I hear the flames acomin') but we loved Coral Reef and had a great waiter.
I am glad we did Boma though for the simple fact that we got to see AKL. We would probably never stay there so that was great. Your best bet is to check out the menus and see what looks good to you.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #9
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Thanks for saying this! This is our first trip to WDW, and all the negatives were really getting me down. I'm sticking with my res. to CRT b/c it's my dd's 5th birthday, and I know she and little sis will LOVE it no matter how the food tastes! They probably won't remember anything about the food.
TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #10
deany
deany

I totally agree. Plus it depends so much on the items that you order. Some entrees are just more to our taste than others. However, I did book Kona's after reading all the reviews on these boards!! LOL
Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #11
IluvDonald!
Mouseketeer

I agree completely! We enjoy Disney through the eyes of our dd!

We're travelling with our dd(11) and the dining experiences I've picked are because I felt she would like them - and.....how true it is, that the kids will remember the experience, not how the food was.

I'm hoping the food is good....if it's great that's an added bonus. Otherwise, if it's not spoiled, it's all in a day's fun!
IluvDonald! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #12
sunny_
DIS Veteran

I agree. I love reading the reviews here but unless there was some major unhappiness about a restaurant that everyone seemed to have, I wouldn't change dinner reservations. But for the dining plan, we were undecided for a few days and I took advice from this board and we are trying Ohana for the first time!!! I hope it's GREAT!!!

me, dh, ds, dd, dd , ds
sunny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #13
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

I have said this in review posts. What one person likes another person may not and it all can't be "perfect" everytime. There are times when I got to a local restaurant in our area and one time the food and service can be great and another time not up to par.

We have ADR's for our upcoming to Chef Mickey's, Hoop Dee Doo, Luau, and Donald's. If I took all the feedback from the reviews I may not go to any of them. I take all the reviews with a "grain of salt". Actually I look forward not to have to cook, no complaints from the family-choose what you want, and I don't have to set the table,nor clean up. That in itself is a treat for me.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #14
chigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt&jakesmom
I have said this in review posts. What one person likes another person may not and it all can't be "perfect" everytime. There are times when I got to a local restaurant in our area and one time the food and service can be great and another time not up to par.

We have ADR's for our upcoming to Chef Mickey's, Hoop Dee Doo, Luau, and Donald's. If I took all the feedback from the reviews I may not go to any of them. I take all the reviews with a "grain of salt". Actually I look forward not to have to cook, no complaints from the family-choose what you want, and I don't have to set the table,nor clean up. That in itself is a treat for me.
You said it!!!
ps...we had A TON of fun at HDD and we are way-jaded Chicagoans and former actors! It was a hoot!!!
chigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
thunderbird1
DIS Veteran

Good point!

Not to mention, if you only go to the places that get rave reviews, your expectations are higher and you're more likely to be disappointed. We're trying several places that have received quite a few complaints lately, but they sound interesting to us and, since our expectations are low, chances are we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Survivor of Experiment 6/26: 6 parks in 1 day 6/26/12!
thunderbird1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: