Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2006, 06:51 AM   #1
KAMommy
I am ADDICTED to America's Next Top Model!!!
Matthew & his abs could eat crackers in my bed anytime!
As long as I have radioactive orange goo under my fingernails, I am happy

Monday...Monday

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all have a great day. I have the day off, but not really. Today is school registration day, so I am doing that. Then going to buy school supplies and get DS's eyes checked and new glasses. Then I get to take DD to the doctor.

The fun goes on!

See our crew, trip reports, and scrapbooking stuff - www.tndisneyfreaks.com

June 1987 - Offsite *** October 2001 - ASM *** June 2002 - WL *** June 2003 - Disney Wonder & OKW *** December 2003 - BCV First trip HOME! *** June 2004 - Hilton Head *** October 2004 - Pop *** May 2005 - Disney Wonder *** October 2005 - OKW *** June 2006 - BCV *** October 2006 - WLV *** March 2007 - Old Key West *** June 2007 - Vero Beach *** UPCOMING *** October 2007 - SSR *** July 2008 - Disney Wonder with two stops in paradise (Castaway Cay)
KAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Wow! We don't register til next week!!! We have to register 2 in one day... there goes some mega money! I need to set eye appointments today for my babies too! Still have a few school supplies to buy... but of course some lady though she owned the folder aisle yesterday and several moms were about to go off on her...so I thought I'd just wait for another day!
Have fun today!!!

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
Mickster
Swapaholics Unite!
and I not even remotely blonde... grey maybe, but no blonde

DS is already registered. He's off to 1st grade. Today starts "Official Potty Train Boot Camp" for DD. She needs to be trained (as if she was a puppy or something...) to go to preschool. Here's to hoping!

Have a great day.

76, 78 & 80 Offsite - 82 DL - 84 FW - 85 DL - 87 Offsite (with the band) - 89 FW - 91 FW - 94 BC - 97 YC - 99 GF - 04 BC -
05 FW - 06 FW - 07 FW - 07 WL - 09 FW 1/2 Marathon - 10 FW - 11 FW
5K, 1/2 Marathon & 40th Bday (4 Parks, 4 Mickeys, 4 Decades) - 12 FW

In Memory of Donald (aka Dad or Papa) 8.20.43 - 10.19.12

If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
Mickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Good Luck Mickster... I so remember those days... I babysit and we have one more that needs trained..but he is only 2...so I have to wait a little longer!!! Right now he is throwing me a fit because I won't let him run around the house with food!!! Boy, life can be so bad sometimes! ha ha!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
MomOf2DisneyKids
Scrapbook mommy
Buttons.. if they aren't Mickey shaped, I can take them or leave them!
ooh, McDreamy !!!!
Kiefer Sutherland, anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickster
DS is already registered. He's off to 1st grade. Today starts "Official Potty Train Boot Camp" for DD. She needs to be trained (as if she was a puppy or something...) to go to preschool. Here's to hoping!

Have a great day.
LOL about boot camp! Good luck!!

My ds is going to 1st grade too!!
Just curious, seems like a lot of people have to register their kids for school...do most of your kids go to private school??

Happy Monday, everyone!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

No private school here.. We have to re-register our kids every year.. With ms/hs you have to go in and do the paper work; pay for book rental, etc; get lockers before school starts.... Now in the elementary schools they just send the registration paperwork home the first day of school.. it's more or less the contact sheet that you filled out for kindergarten.. It's more of a confirmation process that nothing has changed....

Actually next week our freshman has a 2 hour orientation; cook out and than parents go to meet them to pay for everything! Ugh!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 AM   #7
ddavis860
My dream job is to be the Fairy Godmother in the lobby of Cinderella's Royal Palace
But I have to say after this really hot winter, I'm looking forward to fall!Make assorted balls for snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickster

Have a great day.
I did the boot camp thing too with my DS. I mean I really did "training". I had a timer set to go off every 45 min to remind me to get him to "try". Soon, the timer went off and he just ran to the potty himself...I was so worried that every time he heard a kitchen timer he would have to "go"...I was calling him Pavlovs baby...but instead of drooling for food, the bell rang and he goes potty...

I'm sure he will be on Oprah when he is older...It's all my fault....
Old 07-31-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
ksjayhawks
DIS Veteran
Dorothy and Toto have taken all my glory!

We got home last night from short weekend trip to inlaws. so today is laundry day and clean the pantry day as it didn't get done last week.

Tomorrow we go to registration for 8th grade and it is voting day for primaries here.

Here we enroll for school every year. We can prepay fees in advance online--which is nice.

Then on registration day, for jh/hs we go and pick up schedule, supply list, check info sheet, get other info, buy new school tshirts and pe clothes if needed, sign up for pto and site council, pay fees if you haven't, etc. Kids find their lockers and try combinations, run their schedule, talk to friends.

In elementary, you check info sheet, sign up for pto stuff, see displays on boy and girl scouts, get handbooks, get supply lists, can go look at new classrooms area--though don't know teachers yet, order tshirts, pay fees if you haven't, etc. Those who don't show up who were here last year are generally called afterwards to see if they are still in school attendance area and planning to enroll. All new to school students must come to enrollment. The enrollment sheets are used to create class list finalizations.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:27 AM   #9
vanyel
Mouseketeer
I like to escape in the occasional "bodice ripper"!
I don't think I want to be my tree

I was really surprised when i moved from PA to IN to find out about the registration and book rental fees.

Unless its changed since I moved, in PA, you got your home room assignment the last day of school and you just show up, plus you got some supplies. In IN you have to go to registration, pay book rental fees, and provide all of your own supplies.
vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #10
Mickster
Swapaholics Unite!
and I not even remotely blonde... grey maybe, but no blonde

I love that idea! She wants to do it, but she isn't too sure. It is soooooo much easier to not worry about it, right?

76, 78 & 80 Offsite - 82 DL - 84 FW - 85 DL - 87 Offsite (with the band) - 89 FW - 91 FW - 94 BC - 97 YC - 99 GF - 04 BC -
05 FW - 06 FW - 07 FW - 07 WL - 09 FW 1/2 Marathon - 10 FW - 11 FW
5K, 1/2 Marathon & 40th Bday (4 Parks, 4 Mickeys, 4 Decades) - 12 FW

In Memory of Donald (aka Dad or Papa) 8.20.43 - 10.19.12

If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
Mickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:37 PM   #11
MomOf2DisneyKids
Scrapbook mommy
Buttons.. if they aren't Mickey shaped, I can take them or leave them!
ooh, McDreamy !!!!
Kiefer Sutherland, anyone??

ok, I never heard of book rental fees (and any other fees!)!!

I think I paid like $3/kid the first week of school for their subscription to Weekly Reader, and that was it! LOL!
And other than K, we just get some paperwork on the first day to fill out and send back on the 2nd day!
Don't know teachers yet....they used to send the name home on the last day in June, but now they are making us wait til mid-Aug. Too many complaints, I guess!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:19 PM   #12
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2DisneyKids
ok, I never heard of book rental fees (and any other fees!)!!

I think I paid like $3/kid the first week of school for their subscription to Weekly Reader, and that was it! LOL!
And other than K, we just get some paperwork on the first day to fill out and send back on the 2nd day!
Don't know teachers yet....they used to send the name home on the last day in June, but now they are making us wait til mid-Aug. Too many complaints, I guess!
You want to hear the fees we pay... you'll freak...
We pay book rental.. could range any where from 40.00 for kindergarten... to 105.00 for 6th grade (that was last year)... High school/middle school will depend on the course taken...so any where from 100-200 dollars... If in high school they take the college prep classes...it's the cost of the credits..so upwards of 300.00 per class.. yep... that is why we're taking this last disney vacation until my kids graduate school (college that is)... Maybe DH and I can sneak away a few times...but not much... Ok, anyway... than you have gym uniform fee (20.00)... than you have gen fees.. which is postage for anything they send home, etc... PTO costs to be involved..we have a membership of 3.00 last time I checked per family.. I always pay 5.00 and just move on...
We don't find out teachers til week before school.. my guess is due to complaints too.... I only have a few teachers I don't see working well with my kiddos but having been in PTO since our oldest was in kdg.. now a freshman... I know most all of them with the exception of the high school..but I know the right ones there to help!

Old 07-31-2006, 05:08 PM   #13
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Wow, book rental fees seem outrageoous but then knowing what the books cost I guess I can understand a bit but it seems to me the property taxes go to the schools and the community is really buying the books.

I had my first day back as a teacher today, we got our class lists and began setting up our classrooms. We have meetings all week. As we were sitting and checking over our supply list we were discussing the $5.00 we are asking for each student to cover their time for kids subscription. It doesn't seem like much compared to the other fees you all are talking about.

I am looking forward to this year and hoping I will be able to do the Science Enrichment program I did last year again.
rlovew is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: