Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
zzyzx409
No Ears yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
what buildings are WC accessable at OKW?
I understand they have WC accessible rooms in each building.

Just be sure to ask for WC access when you book and/or you can reconfirm later as well.

Later,

Andy
zzyzx409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:45 PM   #17
jay's dad
Earning My Ears

Very few buildings at OKW have elevators. This isn't a problem if you want an accessible 1 or 2 bedroom unit, they put them on the first floor. The Grand Villas occupy the second and third floor of the buildings they are in. Therefore there are only a couple buildings that have an accessible Grand Villa.
1980 Off Site, 1982 Off Site, 1990 Yacht Club, 1992 Yacht Club, 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 Old Key West, 1999 Disney Magic/Old Key West, 2001 Old Key West, 2002 Boardwalk Villas, 2003 Dolphin, 2004 Boardwalk Villas/Vero Beach, 2006 All Star Sports
jay's dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #18
ohdisco
Excited!

Does anybody have the dimensions on either a ADA accessible room or a standard room at the Polynesian?
ohdisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #19
pugdog
DIS Veteran

OK here are some photos and measurements for POP. We were in room 3151 which is a room in the 50's buildings. Nice and close to the main building.
Here are some measurements.
Bed 20" high with a 4" clearance under it.
The toliet door was 33"
toilet ia 18" high with 10" of side clearance
The shower seat was 14" on one side and 22" on the other with a width of 32"
Sink had 34" of room
The safe was 14" off the floor and the fridge was 12" x 17"
DW's powerchair is 26" x 40"
We did slide the bed closer to the wall and moved the table into the corner to give us more floor space.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #20
robind
DIS Veteran

Pugdog - thx for pix - question for you

I am planning on bringing my mother to POP in December and have requested a handicapped room. She is in a wheelchair and also a diabetic. Did the handicapped accessible room come w/ the fridge or did you have to request it?

I've stayed in the 50's and 70's building and would like the 60's building this time.

Thanks
robind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
pugdog
DIS Veteran

All of the roll in rooms come with the fridge that is pictured. No need to ask unless you want a bigger one.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #22
BillSears
DIS Veteran

I just got back from my POP Century trip and everything was fine. I was given room 3103 in the 50s building, it's on the first floor facing the pool. The room is laid out just like the one in Pugdog's pictures and has the same measurements.
CR-77, Travelodge(DTD)-81, Poly-92, SOG-96, Offsite-97, ASMu-98, POR-03, Vistana Resort-04, WL-Sept 2006! CSR-December 2006, Pop-May 2007(first solo trip!), CSR-Sept 2007(Solo trip), and offsite-May-2008 visited Universal, SeaWorld, KSC and a couple of days at WDW. WL-March 2009 I turned 50 in WDW! May-10 Pop, Oct 2010- Pop for first F&W, Dec 2010-Pop for Christmas stuff, May 2011-POFQ. Pop Aug -14, Pop Sept-14, Pop Dec-14 and Pop May-15! Trip report from 1997:http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip....97/sears97.htm
BillSears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #23
jdremann
Earning My Ears

Dolphin Notes

Made reservations for the Dolphin and got a couple questions answered. There are 5 rooms with King bed and roll-in shower. All are standard view vertically on top of each other on the 6th, 7th, 8th, 11th and 12th floors. I stayed in the one on the 6th floor in 2001 prior to the renovations. The King bed means that it is geared for 2 people max but we have a 14yr old son and they are including a roll-away like they did last time (if it is the same as last time, it is a pretty nice single bed). These rooms are real close to the elevators (and from past experience, they are fast elevators too). The beds have 6 1/2 inches of clearance under them for Hoyer lift if needed. Engineering can be contacted to help with other minor needs (we used them to put blocks under the table legs so the wheelchair would clear underneath the table when we were there in 2001). There are also other HCP rooms w/o roll-in shower but I didn't ask about them. Handicap valet parking (with appropriate tag) is still free because they don't have handicap spots up close. Make sure you check the bill before leaving to make sure it wasn't put on. Self parking is not free even with handicap tag.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #24
loadsapixiedust
DIS Veteran

Are there any resorts besides AKL which have rooms with a roll-in shower and 2 double beds?

2 weeks October 1998 Quail Ridge Villa 3 weeks March/April 2002 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
3 weeks July 2005 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, Port Orleans French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge
10 days August 2006 Royal Plaza in the WDW Resort 2 weeks October 2006 All Star Movies
2 weeks June 2007 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa 2 weeks Easter 2008 Cypress Pointe
2 weeks Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks July 2009 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas
2 weeks Oct 2009 Coronado Springs 3 weeks July 2010 Port Orleans Riverside and Pop century
2 weeks June 2011 Bay Lake Tower & Kidani Village

June 2012 ~ Beach Club Villas * Vero Beach * Bay Lake Tower
unlucky 13th trip cancelled to make way for chemo - I'm pretty sure that will not be as much fun
loadsapixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #25
Mason7AK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
Are there any resorts besides AKL which have rooms with a roll-in shower and 2 double beds?

We have a room booked for next September at Grand Floridian and they have us blocked for a room with two double beds and a roll-in shower. I will be sure to report on it when we return from that trip!
Angela

Mom Dad Army DS25 Army DD21 DD13 DS12 DD(Forever)4 DS4 DD2
Mason7AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #26
BroganMc
It's not the age, it's the mileage

Saratoga Springs HA Rooms

I've stayed in 4 units so far and 3 unit types. (Sorry no measurements as I don't bring a tape measure.)

Springs
3525 - 1bedroom, fully accessible with roll-in shower, lower bed (18-20"), and multiple raised outlets around the room. Ground floor, in the center of the building by the elevators. Handicapped parking of 4-6 spaces right outside. View of the Springs' lake. In the same building as the preview model units.

3512 - studio, fully accessible with roll-in shower, lower bed. Extra cabinet space in the kitchenette with microwave on the counter. Identical shower configuration to 1bedroom. Views of the parking lot, ground floor.

3510 - dedicated 2bedroom. The master bedroom is the accessible portion with lowered king bed and roll-in shower. Second bedroom has two queen beds, regular height and regular bathtub bathroom. View of the parking lot, ground floor.

Grandstand

8525 - 1bedroom fully accessible unit with roll-in shower. Located near elevators in center of the building. Same configuration as Springs unit 3525.

Rooms with kitchens don't have an exterior breakfast counter and have a different style of refrigerator (fridge on top and freezer on bottom).
BroganMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #27
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Can anybody tell me a bit more about the accessible rooms at AKL? We've got a reservation for a standard room, standard view. At the moment with the grab bars and all (hopefully a room with roll in shower becomes available later on, there weren't any left at this moment).

There seems to be some conflicting info. Some info says the bedding in these rooms are 1 king + a roll out. A CM at Special Request however told me that the room that's blocked for us has only a king bed.

Also I got some conflicting SR info. One CM told me that while they've got a room with grab bars blocked for me now, there's a note in my account about me actually needing a room with roll in shower. If one becomes available (which she didn't expect untill coming closer to the actual date) they would switch it for me and call me. That kinda surprised me; them checking and calling internationally? Wow. The CM said it's no big deal, she's done it before. However CM2 told me 'we don't check nor call, you'll have to do that yourself'. Both times I spoke with SR directly. What has been your experience on this subject?

I'm estatic to be staying at AKL, so I would even sleep in a broomcloset if needed but a room with roll in shower makes it a lot easier, so if I need to keep checking myself, I'll do that.

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 05:06 PM.
goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #28
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Anybody?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #29
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

OK, then I'll just answer my own first question. Guest Services just called me back because there have been troubles with my reservations (wrong name, wrong address, wrong resort even!) Again I was told the room at AKL was a king bed only with a second room for the other adults. So that's 2 CM's stating the same thing versus different info on allears. With them actually having 2 rooms blocked, I'll give the CM's the benefit of the doubt.

The second question seems to be answered with 'who knows'. The answer was very unclear, like 'we think they'll check, we'll ask them'. Hmm, ok.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #30
Charleyann
Someone spilled the beans
Just 70 more days till that smell comes again

Roll in Showers Rooms@ Port Orelans French Quarters...

Does anybody know what building the king size rooms with roll in showers rooms are located at POFQ? Are there elevators?

What building should we request? Are there maps which show which rooms are acessible?

Thanks Again

Charleyann

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: